GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:59   #201
googanelli

Elections have consequences. And so do laws. People will die and crime is going to go up in NYS. Count on it. They will blame the bordering states like they have been saying that they are the cause of all the deaths. The only hope they have is that the crime and death rates go up so astronimically in primarily liberal areas as to open their damn eyes.

Joe
googanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22   #202
Baba Louie

Quote:
Today I am a criminal.
You are not alone NY Rebel. Retired LEOs are criminals as well. Judges and even elected officials are right there with you.

All you can do is adapt to the new regimes thinking on one hand while legally fighting it on another. I expect several lawsuits to challenge the bill. I dont know how successful they will be, I do know they will cost money and things will never be the same as they were no matter how they are acted/ruled on or how high the cases may or may not go.

I am curious to see how the mental health portions of the bill will fare and why they did not exempt LEOs from the wording (or if they did I still can't find it in the bill). Since I havent read anything from the LEO organizations either I missed it totally in the bill or they too are stunned at the moment.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:51   #203
n2extrm

If anyone wants to see the law, here is the link

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013

I wasn't sure if it was posted in here and in full, sorry if I missed it.

I live in this poor sad state of NY, I voted against this man and his friends but it did me no good. I ask you all to remember this law, because this very dangerous man wants the white house in 2016. Please remember him, his bypassing the legislative process and his promises that he was gun friendly and a hunter. I voted against him, but too many did not. Now the state will forever suffer. When he throws his lying hat in the ring for president, remember what he did to NY and make sure he can't hurt your rights.
Old 01-16-2013, 18:55   #204
n2extrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Louie View Post
You are not alone NY Rebel. Retired LEOs are criminals as well. Judges and even elected officials are right there with you.

All you can do is adapt to the new regimes thinking on one hand while legally fighting it on another. I expect several lawsuits to challenge the bill. I dont know how successful they will be, I do know they will cost money and things will never be the same as they were no matter how they are acted/ruled on or how high the cases may or may not go.

I am curious to see how the mental health portions of the bill will fare and why they did not exempt LEOs from the wording (or if they did I still can't find it in the bill). Since I havent read anything from the LEO organizations either I missed it totally in the bill or they too are stunned at the moment.
They are addressing some issues like LE from the sound bites. One of the assembly men Graf has pointed out the flaws including the LE not being exempt (his daughter is NYPD) and the fact that they went around the state constitution by not letting the bill age three days. He also voted against it. His name is Al Graf.
Old 01-16-2013, 19:00   #205
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extrm View Post
They are addressing some issues like LE from the sound bites. One of the assembly men Graf has pointed out the flaws including the LE not being exempt (his daughter is NYPD) and the fact that they went around the state constitution by not letting the bill age three days. He also voted against it. His name is Al Graf.

This is one of the things that chapped my ass.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:04   #206
Kamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
good job NY, you voted for these people.

Not all of us buddy. :(
Kamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:07   #207
Kamo

Quote:

I live in this poor sad state of NY, I voted against this man and his friends but it did me no good. I ask you all to remember this law, because this very dangerous man wants the white house in 2016. Please remember him, his bypassing the legislative process and his promises that he was gun friendly and a hunter. I voted against him, but too many did not. Now the state will forever suffer. When he throws his lying hat in the ring for president, remember what he did to NY and make sure he can't hurt your rights.
Many of us voted against him but he has his eyes set on DC in 2016. That's all that matters to him. It's no different for the sell-out RINOS on Long Island that screwed us over when we placed our trust in them.

Time for me to sell my house and leave this sinkhole once and for all.
Kamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:42   #208
statistic6

I've been to Afghanistan twice, Kuwait once defending this country's Constitution, most importantly, it's Bill Of Rights. Everything that is being proposed/acted upon directly violates that Bill Of Rights and slaps me in the face. Everything I have risked and sacrificed to defend this country, to defend the rights of it's people, for nothing. Times are changing people, I am sorry for all of the sheep in this country that don't understand that the sheep dogs are the ones that protect them from the wolves. The only people all of the proposed legislation is going to affect are the law abiding citizens who wish nothing but to protect their families, themselves, and the public from the wolves of this world. The scourge of society don't care for harsher punishments for gun related crimes. Lying on a background check, what gang banger takes a background check to illegally purchase his firearm?

Last edited by statistic6; 01-16-2013 at 21:45..
statistic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:58   #209
nosuchagency
is invisible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
Not all of us buddy. :(
applying his logic, glance at his location... ironic, ain't it..
sig club #45...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetDet View Post
..."fair" is a word used by little kids and democrats.
nosuchagency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 22:38   #210
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:

You can be sure that he'll not be able to tell that lie again about being a pro 2A hunter... I think he may have just spent all of his presidential candidacy political capital on this one law. He won't even get the Fudds anymore in a presidential bid since this one goes after everything up to and including .22 rifles with 10rd mags. And the background check for ammo, coupled with the mental health BS, is going to lose the Fudd vote too.

My guess... He'll run in the primary, they'll pump him like they did Barry, but even if he gets out of the primary (which he won't) he'll lose the Fudd Dems and the moderates in the general election.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 22:38   #211
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
Many of us voted against him but he has his eyes set on DC in 2016. That's all that matters to him. It's no different for the sell-out RINOS on Long Island that screwed us over when we placed our trust in them.

Time for me to sell my house and leave this sinkhole once and for all.
As will many more, further cementing the liberal stranglehold in the state. I'm sure the left wingers in NYS are considering that fact as a bonus of this legislation.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
skorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 23:33   #212
Chonny

I hate to say it but I feel I could more than sufficiently defend myself within these parameters set forth by the NY bill.

I could use a Rem 700, Rem 870, Kimber Custom II, and Kahr P9.

Honestly that's a very respectable arsenal.

I currently own more than one firearm that would be legal under that bill and I live in Oklahoma where I can get anything I want.

With all that said, any infringement of the second amendment is absolutely unacceptable.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37   #213
fletcch

Don't know if this has been posted here yet. Senator Marchione is starting a petition to repeal this legislation already.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stan...leen-marchione
fletcch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40   #214
captcurly

I am just very glad that I do not live in New York.

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 13:29   #215
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcurly View Post
I am just very glad that I do not live in New York.

I understand your sentiment. Also be very aware that your state is one of five others considering legislation similar to NY (or so it is reported).

Old 01-17-2013, 14:50   #216
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Wow, even the Sig P6 would have to be downloaded 1 round to meet that requirement

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 14:50   #217
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
I understand your sentiment. Also be very aware that your state is one of five others considering legislation similar to NY (or so it is reported).

So, in all seriousness, you're one of the people I thought of first as probably having a BIG issue with this law and also having the opportunity to base your job elsewhere. Have you considered moving, or are you going to stick it out and comply, as painful as that may be?
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 15:07   #218
High Altitude

So where is the outrage and action to go with it.

Why aren't the gun owners of NY out by the 10's of thousands protesting??????
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 15:37   #219
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post

We are donating money to fight the fight in the halls of justice.

If we make any sort of vocal protest the news rags with BREATHLESSLY report how "angry armed gunowners stormed the capital, etc".

Next, the police will be out in force with HD recording devices taking videos and pictures of everyone, and then submit the faces to DMV for facial recognition, then submit the names to DHS to be put on a "terrorist" watchlist.

Call me paranoid, but yes, this is what happens in NY.
Old 01-17-2013, 15:38   #220
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck View Post
So, in all seriousness, you're one of the people I thought of first as probably having a BIG issue with this law and also having the opportunity to base your job elsewhere. Have you considered moving, or are you going to stick it out and comply, as painful as that may be?
I have massive issues with this new law. I'm considering to run for office in about 3-5 years. Not sure if I can stomach staying here this long...
Old 01-17-2013, 15:55   #221
n2extrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post

There is a bus trip set up, I don't remember the date but I know I am out of state that weekend. NYSRP and the NRA are working on it as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 16:02   #222
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
Only a fool would have believed that.
RJ
i kinda think that was the point.

not saying they are fools...they are, but , i'm not saying it.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 18:01   #223
OrangePwr9

Bear with me here.

After the 2012 election I became convinced that the election process in the US has become corrupted...much the same as in the old Soviet Union. It matters not who the people vote for; it only matters who counts the votes...and those people are controlled by those who will 'win'. I believe this to have been true in NY for some time.

Judging from the actions of the media, they know something we don't and this could very well be it. Judging from the actions of the SCOTUS on Obamacare, they know it too.

If this is true (Big If for most, I know), then this corrupt system WILL put Cuomo in the White House in 2016. He's the one doing the most to further the stranglehold the ruling elites will have on a disarmed populace. He's the one blazing the trail to the tyranny the ruling elites desire. With this bill he effectively becomes the anointed successor to Obama.

If this happens, NYS gun laws, however they've developed between now and 2016 (and that might include outright confiscation) will soon be the 'law of the land'. The so-called political opposition will be there for show only; it won't stop anything.

If there's any truth to the above, there are two points to be made:
1) New York's fight is everyone's fight (what's going on here now will be going on nationwide in a few years)
2) Leaving NY for so-called greener 2nd Amendment pastures will buy only a handful of years. The one exception to this might be relocating to Texas; they have the right to secede and I believe they'd do it.

Now, I hope I'm wrong in this assessment. However, we've been blind-sided so many times that maybe we should start expecting and planning for the worst. The gun grabbers know from our past behavior that we'll think this is the end of it, accept it, and adjust.

However, their next step is already planned and waiting to be triggered by the next Newtown. Incrementalism is their game and they won't stop until the populace is totally disarmed.

I post this because so many in this thread seem to think that the democratic political system we've grown up in and learned to trust, is still functional. What if it isn't?
OrangePwr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 18:27   #224
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcch View Post
Don't know if this has been posted here yet. Senator Marchione is starting a petition to repeal this legislation already.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stan...leen-marchione
She is a hero.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 18:32   #225
SK2344

What ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmdude View Post
Umm news flash: State Senate passed it. Assembly takes it up in the AM and the Gov said he will sign it.
So the way I see it is that every State can pass their own Gun Control Laws, banning AW's and Hi Cap Mags. So why would the Federal Government bother with re-introducing the 94 Gun Ban Laws, just let each State control Guns in their State! Am I understanding this or am I confused! HELP!
SK2344 is offline   Reply With Quote