SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 18:06   #176
David N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
God i'm glad i live in KY, our Governor has already said we are not passing any new bull-crap laws......w
Don't be fooled. If you read between the lines, he'd ban anything he could, but he knows it would be suicide here.

Quote:
"I think we ought to all listen and see if there are things that we can do to better protect our children. I’m a strong supporter of the Second Amendment but to me this isn’t about the Second Amendment, this is about the safety of our kids."
If his preferred replacement should be elected, he would be even worse. Never trust anyone with a D beside his name.
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:07   #177
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshotz View Post
Sorry New York gun owners but it's time for all gun owners in the rest of the States in this Country to boycott New York State across the board! The politicians have taken away there rights and ours two ! Now like before the criminals didn't abide by your laws and now you give them a free hand ! The law abiding gun owners get punished by the politicians because they didn't do there jobs protecting children or even just the innocent ! You can't keep the guns out of the sickos hands but you take away the rights of the people !
I'm in!
Old 01-15-2013, 18:11   #178
SPIN2010
Searching ...

All for a boycott here but sadly it will just affect the workers.

I am in as well.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:14   #179
Baba Louie

Wow

I know I only scanned the bill, but after a second look, I did wonder why they did not exempt law enforcement officers from this. Did I miss the obvious? Can someone point it out for me?

Are New York State and City Coppers going back to wheelguns and 7 rd max riot guns as well? I highly doubt any LEO group would allow that to happen... but failed to catch it in my perusal.

So a 9+1 round .357 Marlin 1894C is now verboten? Whew!

Quite the bill. I'm sure they whipped it up overnight or in the past couple of weeks... wonder what the cost will be to run all this? Wonder if criminals will obey it? Or crazy people?

Won't be too long before knife, stick, rock and hammer control laws will need to be passed there. For the children.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:15   #180
dartlvr

http://bit.ly/W56CcO watch
Old 01-15-2013, 18:21   #181
JDennis

I feel sorry for the new yorkers. The only firearm I own that would be legal there is my lcr. My Marlin 60, winchester 52, and my c&r rifles are now illegal there. That is insane Even my 10 shot .22lr revolver. Lets watch out for those bayonets....

Last edited by JDennis; 01-15-2013 at 18:22..
JDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:29   #182
HexHead

Bloomberg said the bill was "a step in the right direction".
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:44   #183
Andy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
Let's stop the blame game and use our wits to come up with something constructive. I'm sick of seeing all this deviseness.

We hang together or we hang seperately.United we stand, divided we fall.

Remember this administration..er..regime is all about the classic divide and couquer tactic. Look, we can blame democrats , praise fake republicans like romney, and ***** til' the cows come home, but where does that get us in the end?

The tree of liberty must be as dry as the sahara right about now...

God help us.
So, if some NY'er start watering the tree with "yea" votes, maybe others will hesitate in the future. Not saying that its right, just that it could be true.

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn are put in the same box."

"The camel dances, and having danced, moves on."
Andy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:17   #184
martin-curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
Let's stop the blame game and use our wits to come up with something constructive. I'm sick of seeing all this deviseness.

We hang together or we hang seperately.United we stand, divided we fall.

Remember this administration..er..regime is all about the classic divide and couquer tactic. Look, we can blame democrats , praise fake republicans like romney, and ***** til' the cows come home, but where does that get us in the end?

The tree of liberty must be as dry as the sahara right about now...

God help us.
I concur, well said.
Shotgun, Personal Protection in the Home
martin-curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:28   #185
J-Pat
McBastage

I'm pretty sure-

No I'm almost positive this bill will ban nearly 80% of firearms. Sets up a statewide gun registry- and makes buying ammo (but not ammunition materials) without an FFL illegal.

Way to go NY. Way to go. </sarcasm>

We all had better hope and pray this isn't an indicator of what is to come on Wednesday

Last edited by J-Pat; 01-15-2013 at 19:29..
J-Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:32   #186
martin-curtis

The following article covers the NY crap. The writer also hits on Virginia and New Jersey; both are considering legislation requiring mental health screenings and home inspections prior to firearms purchases.
I doubt the home inspection clause could pass, but the mental health part, ****, I don't think my insurance would cover that. I hope Obama care will.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/01...r-trailblazing
Old 01-15-2013, 19:40   #187
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner View Post
No, no, no, no & no.

Since 2007, I have read over & over here at GT that Democrats to include Obama are not interested in restricting guns, gun rights, bans, confiscation etc.

Oh, all too true.
I learned a long, long time ago: never trust a Democrat to protect your gun rights.
Sure, there are exceptions here and there, like in the South and Southwest.
But most Democratic politicians have a visceral hatred for guns and gun owners. They'll claim, like Biden, that "I own a shotgun for hunting". But when push comes to shove, most Democrats will push and shove gun control laws up our collective behinds and not think anything of it, other than a muffled snicker at how stupid some people are.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:42   #188
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
Bloomberg said the bill was "a goose step in the right direction".
I fixed that up to reflect reality.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:52   #189
martin-curtis

Still looking, but does this bill inlude fixed magazines? Really 8 & 10 shot revolvers? Christ, this is really bad.
Old 01-15-2013, 20:22   #190
nosuchagency
is invisible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Here is the law if you're interested in reading it. I got sick of getting the details through everyone's commentary:

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013
absolutely dispicable; the magazine & ammo sections in particular. i truly feel for the decent, law-abiding, & contributing citizens within ny that are being faced with this. i got nothing else - just terrible.
sig club #45...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetDet View Post
..."fair" is a word used by little kids and democrats.
nosuchagency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 22:18   #191
GJHIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
While spot on with the mentality of law enforcement in NY, totally incorrect about Romney. He stood firm when asked in the 2nd debate about his position, Obama was honest as well and is doing what he said he would. Anyone who voted Obama deserves to have his/her guns taken from them.
You've got to be kidding me. NY's politicians pass a "feel good" piece of legislation that will have no positive effect on crime and you want to divide/subjugate our brothers further. We had damn well better stick together and pursue the laws that are on the books ie; Mentally Disturbed, Felons. I cannot believe you would have our law abiding brothers 2nd Ammendments God given right to keep and bear arms infringed. It never ceases to amaze me how easy they can divide and conquer so many of us. Semper Fidelis

Last edited by GJHIII; 01-15-2013 at 22:23..
GJHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02   #192
Fox
Varmit Control

I hope there are some honest judges in New York because those new laws are clearly unconstitutional. The courts need to clean up that mess.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56   #193
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJHIII View Post
You've got to be kidding me. NY's politicians pass a "feel good" piece of legislation that will have no positive effect on crime and you want to divide/subjugate our brothers further. We had damn well better stick together and pursue the laws that are on the books ie; Mentally Disturbed, Felons. I cannot believe you would have our law abiding brothers 2nd Ammendments God given right to keep and bear arms infringed. It never ceases to amaze me how easy they can divide and conquer so many of us. Semper Fidelis
Anyone who voted for a tyrant deserves to have their guns taken, I stand by that statement. Those people have put all of our rights at great risk, that should be obvious right about now.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35   #194
Narkcop

Honest Judges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I hope there are some honest judges in New York because those new laws are clearly unconstitutional. The courts need to clean up that mess.
Honest Judges. I've been a LEO for 25 years and when it comes to honest Judges ALL have an agenda.
Narkcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:24   #195
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkcop View Post
Honest Judges. I've been a LEO for 25 years and when it comes to honest Judges ALL have an agenda.
The biggest problem with judges is that they all started out as lawyers...
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52   #196
Outer Rondacker

Yesterday I awoke to be my normal lawfull citizen. This morning I have 39 counts in my house by his new laws. Today I am a criminal. Yes I am in NY.
At 10:10 am yesterday I paid for in full which means I owned a glock 27. I put my paper work in at the pistol permit department at 10:50 am. He signed his bill at 5:06pm. The judge is not sure if he is going to sign my pistol in for me or not. He is going to think on it and wait till friday to decide.
I am speachless. I do not own an AR any more. So these are all normal guns such as the ruger 10/22 and the three clips I have are no longer ok. My better half said by this time next year they will be after my kids daisy red ryder. Sad. Family members are LEO and they dont even know what to say. This jack wagon homo just shut down almost every gun shop in NYS. Guess what hunting season could not be farther away and if you cant buy normal hand guns then what will they sell. They already cant get any gun powder for reloaders. Stores are empty on the bullet racks. People do not want to sell what they have in fear of not being able to own it again. I have a few long time friend who own gun shops. The kinda shop you love to go to becuase its not a chain store. He always has some kewl junk he will part with for resonalbe prices. Anyway, I could see it in his eyes he was about to cry last night. His shop is empty. He cant get anything. He cant undersand the new laws. He does not want to do something wrong. It is a sad day for the USA as we need outside help here. Sorry for the book hope you can understand my frustration. Think about this, coumo just stated last week how many jobs remington arms would add to there factory next month. Guess what they are not hiring people after this today they are firing twice as many as they where going to hire. Coumo is correct that NYS needs to lead the way. I am not sure hes understands or is ready for the way that NY is going to lead that way. Coumo is a city slicker and I feal the upstaters are not going to lay down arms to make a city slicker look good in the eyes of woman.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09   #197
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
outlaws the M1 Garand
Interesting. Even if you get a reduced count clip, the internal magazine is still fixed at 8 rounds capacity....

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:12   #198
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Having to turn them in, sell them within a year out of state, or be jailed is the same as confiscation. I have it on good word that no police officer would participate in a confiscation scheme.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
And New york briefly becomes an exporter of high capacity magazines. After all that complaining about guns illegally being imported.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17   #199
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pat View Post
I'm pretty sure-

No I'm almost positive this bill will ban nearly 80% of firearms. Sets up a statewide gun registry- and makes buying ammo (but not ammunition materials) without an FFL illegal.

Way to go NY. Way to go. </sarcasm>

We all had better hope and pray this isn't an indicator of what is to come on Wednesday
I guess those with no time to reload will have a change of heart!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17   #200
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Man, that's just sad.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote