Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-14-2013, 18:50   #1
txeagle

Cabelas, wow

Visited a local Cabelas today. Gun section was pretty darn busy and the shelves had gaps where they were sold out. Prices were high and many guns were out of stock.

I bought some Shoot N Sees and some candy and got outta there. I love Cabelas but the current demand for guns and rounds has me stunned. Wow. Just...wow.
txeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 19:30   #2
MoCop

Same thing here in St. Louis, Mo. This crap is getting ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05   #3
zhix

Gun prices are almost always high at Cabela's
zhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28   #4
MoCop

Yes, Cabela's are very proud of their guns. But, they usually have a very good selection so I can handle one there and then go to my LGS and order one usually much cheaper. The ammo selection is usually much better than anything else around. That is until all of this hoo-ha came about. Never seen bare shelves there before.
Old 01-15-2013, 21:48   #5
GEN3

I'm afraid to go to Cabela's or gun shows anymore. I use to go to these places to walk around and have a good time. I'd pick up a little ammo, some beef jerky, and people watch. Now when you go it's just a frenzy of people paying top dollar for guns based on fear. It bothers me to see a hobby that I love being destroyed right in front of me so I refuse to go. I haven't been to either since last summer.
GEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 22:16   #6
ScottieG59

I sometimes go to the Kansas City Cabelas. Like many places, it has many buying all sorts of guns. If I stop by, I grab a number and head off to one of the other departments. I will look and see what guns I may be interested in seeing in case my number comes up. If I see they are stocking shelves, I may check to see if it is on my list. The numbers for the waiting lust goes fast since many just leave.

I saw that they had a Gen4 Glock 21 with 10 round magazines. The worker that helped me was a little lazy and not very alert. Normally, the people are better, but it has been nonstop for months.

I have a bunch of guns and do not really worry about finding something every time. Many of the buyers are first time gun owners and they tend not to be interested in what I seek. Many looked for Bushmaster firearms just because they keep hearing the name in the news.

I have been looking more at service sized handguns. I have plenty, but there is room for more. In anticipation of the small magazine mandate, I bought standard magazines first and will get the guns later.

I do not let the panic bother me. I focus on key things, do price comparisons and check online reviews. If some ammo I can use comes in, I will get some.

This thing will work its way through. I did not see any price gouging locally.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabelas