GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2013, 15:47   #401
CincyBrad

Don't assume Rebublicans will hold ground on this issue. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Boehner uses the gun issue as leverage on the fiscal issues. Meaning, they might be willing to accept mag restrictions if Obama agrees to X spending cuts.

This won't end the insane prices either, it will just prolong them. Ammo and gun manufacturers are still out of stock, and as long as any legislation is sitting out there, people will keep buying as fast as companies can get them out the door.

IMO, current pricing levels will remain until after the 2014 midterm. Right now it's a supply issue, which will probably linger for a year. If no ban is passed by that time, prices will stay high because of the midterm, and the possibility Republicans could lose control of the House.

It sucks, but that's the way I see it playing out.
Ohio Glockers #58
CincyBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 15:55   #402
South Fla
©South Fla 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrasi View Post
I'm not sure who here was paying attention to the last four years, but like him or not, this president has accomplished nearly everything he has attempted.
Because he is a bully and will use what ever means necessary to accomplish those goals.

And as far as doctors asking about guns in the home...like I am going to tell a doctor that I might, or might not, have guns in my home. Yeah, riiiight....
South Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 16:01   #403
GAFinch

He said today that he was going to keep pursuing this issue instead of just moving on to something else. Second time he's said that this month. What the hell else is he gonna do for the next two to four years with a Republican House aside from necessary fiscal battles? His only hope of achieving his dream of completing FDR's Marxist transformation of this country is to focus on breaking and demonizing Republicans so the Democrats can retake the House in 2014.

Last edited by GAFinch; 01-16-2013 at 16:04..
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 16:20   #404
JuneyBooney

This is a fight that will continue forever. The prices will stay high for a long time. The worst thing is that the entire issue is mental illness and nobody wants to say the truth. So we will have to really be diligent and continue our support of the NRA and other gun rights groups.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 16:37   #405
akroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
And how could background checks on all private sales be enforced unless there is registration of all guns in private hands?
EXACTLY. It's unsustainable.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 17:07   #406
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
EXACTLY. It's unsustainable.
As I've speculated already, they may/could try it as a sort of diversionary tactic..

After a year or three there would be some high-profile incident..
The story in the media will be that it involved a gun purchased in a private back-yard sale with no background check performed..
The anti's will have legislation all ready to impose registration for any and all firearms.

The legal penalty for failure to register any gun you already own will probably be 10 years or more in a federal penitentiary.

The antis are capable of any level of deceit and trickery.
They're damn determined and they'll never give up.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:29   #407
Ruggles

You SOBs need to shut up! If my wife finds out that a AWB is not a coming next week my leverage to buy gun stuff is gonna drop off the radar!

So everybody sticks to the "yep Obama is gonna ban that so I have to buy one now" line ok?

Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:52   #408
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
It must suck where you live. I have bought, sold and traded many, many guns over the years. One guy actually had me sign a bill of sale, but he moved here from up north. other than that, one person is handed cash, one person is handed a gun and we both go on our way.

That describes each and every gun I've ever purchased.
I've never put my name or signature on any paper or shown anyone an ID.
All 100% legal in each case.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Old 01-16-2013, 21:31   #409
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Anti-gunner. Anti 2A. Anti-Freedom. Anti-American.

Please. Wouldn't you like to know who your are selling your shotgun to? Wouldn't you like to know if they were a violent mentally ill person? I am more pro gun, pro 2A, pro United States Citizen than most. Watch who you label son. You don't know me. I don't want to be the guy who sold my shotgun to a crazy person because they got turned down by an FFL. Then they go use my shotgun in an illegal manner. I don't want that.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:41   #410
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Please. Wouldn't you like to know who your are selling your shotgun to? Wouldn't you like to know if they were a violent mentally ill person? I am more pro gun, pro 2A, pro United States Citizen than most. Watch who you label son. You don't know me. I don't want to be the guy who sold my shotgun to a crazy person because they got turned down by an FFL. Then they go use my shotgun in an illegal manner. I don't want that.
No. Crazy people are entitled to self defense too.

You sound like a gun grabber.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:44   #411
Ruggles

Quote:
I think if you want to sell/buy with IDs and bills of sale involved then do so, no harm no foul.

But if legal and you don't want to then don't.

Not sure why either action has the be judged as anti gun/anti American or irresponsible. Just personal choice.
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:47   #412
JakeFromStateFarm
.40 S&W🍫

Makes me not even want to think about this whole situation.
Old 01-16-2013, 21:54   #413
holesinpaper

Quote:
I really don't mind a mandatory background check when selling or buying with someone I don't know in a private sale. I would be ok with having to meet at an FFL so they can to one on the buyer. Say its a $20 or $30 fee, it would help out those businesses a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Anti-gunner. Anti 2A. Anti-Freedom. Anti-American.

Quote:
We, boy, then don't support a mandate that infringes on the 2nd Amendment.

If YOU want to require a FFL transfer when YOU sell a gun, then do it. No current law prevents you and your buyer from going to and FFL and paying him to do paperwork on a private sale.

If you support Obama's desire to end private transfers, then you are anti-gun.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 01-16-2013 at 21:58..
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 22:38   #414
heitzoflearning

Quote:
The problem with background checks on all purchases is that it needs all guns to be registered for it to work. I,personally, don't want the Govt. to know what I have or don't have because it is none of their business and like it or not they have taken guns away from law abiding people in some cases such as Katrina. I've sold many firearms privately, and can tell you that if I don't like the way someone is acting or comes across, I simply don't sell them the gun. It isn't that hard in all reality.
Old 01-16-2013, 23:15   #415
jbailey8

Send a message via Yahoo to jbailey8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
That's the infringement paper trail Obama wants, as the foundation for registration and then confiscation.
Yeah, I get that, but compromise is everybody giving in. That's why I said bill of sale and not background check/registration. I sold 2 guns this week without any paper work.
"Are you a felon?"
"No"
Cash.
Gun.
"Have a nice day!"

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by jbailey8; 01-16-2013 at 23:16..
jbailey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 00:26   #416
Chonny

This stuff is getting a bit too much.

Its almost as if the conspiracy theorists are right and these shootings are being acted out by an anti 2A group in cahoots with the government.

They got caught on Fast and Furious, whos to say they dont have other operations going on.

Obama is the scariest president Ive lived under. He is an ominous figure. I do not feel safe with him as my president.

I feel safe with my state government. My governor won't give Obama the time of day. She wouldn't go to Cushing (an hour from her office downtown) when he was here to take pictures in front of the pipeline thats always been here... But she was able to schedule an appearance to the NBA Finals.

If you guys want to feel safe you need to move to a state that supports the 2nd amendment.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17   #417
Wake County Glockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
I've heard that they are still pushing magazine capacity.
I don't own any 10rnd magazines.

When seconds count the Police are just minutes away
Wake County Glockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49   #418
Restless28

I guess you all realize that this issue is nothing new. The progressives have been waging this war since the Watts Riots. The health care issue was also a dream for progressives for decades. Obama just happens to be a better marketer than past presidents.

This fight will never end, but the sheer level of fear that he incites is amazing.

Last edited by Restless28; 01-17-2013 at 04:51..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21   #419
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
I guess you all realize that this issue is nothing new. The progressives have been waging this war since the Watts Riots. The health care issue was also a dream for progressives for decades. Obama just happens to be a better marketer than past presidents.

This fight will never end, but the sheer level of fear that he incites is amazing.
And it's a mistake to give the president too much focus..
He's only the PR man, the front for a much larger entity.

The anti-2nd amendment, anti-liberty crowd will be there still after Obama has completed his term and retired to a private estate in Hawaii.

Last edited by Atlas; 01-17-2013 at 05:22..
Old 01-17-2013, 05:35   #420
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
And it's a mistake to give the president too much focus..
He's only the PR man, the front for a much larger entity.

The anti-2nd amendment, anti-liberty crowd will be there still after Obama has completed his term and retired to a private estate in Hawaii.
Agreed. The focus should be on the Congress. We should engage both Democrats and Independents and support the NRA.

Last edited by Restless28; 01-17-2013 at 05:36..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:49   #421
svtpwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Agreed. The focus should be on the Congress. We should engage both Democrats and Independents and support the NRA.
This x 1BILLION! Vote the anti 2nd amendment reps out of congress in 2014.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:27   #422
cantuckee

Honestly I don't care if my local shops have ARs and AKs in stock, all I want is a friggin M&P 9 Shield
cantuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31   #423
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantuckee View Post
Honestly I don't care if my local shops have ARs and AKs in stock, all I want is a friggin M&P 9 Shield
Over the summer the shield was a dime a dozen. I picked up a .40 shield, it will be my carry gun for a long time to come, I absolutely love it! I should have picked a 9mm for the gf over the summer, ever since November finding one has been near impossible. I hear by spring they should be plentiful though.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33   #424
mgs
Always Carrying

Thursday and no end in sight!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17   #425
Antipaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
I feel safe with my state government. My governor won't give Obama the time of day. She wouldn't go to Cushing (an hour from her office downtown) when he was here to take pictures in front of the pipeline thats always been here... But she was able to schedule an appearance to the NBA Finals.
There's a girl after my own heart!

Last edited by Antipaladin; 01-17-2013 at 10:18..
Antipaladin is offline   Reply With Quote