GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45   #376
holesinpaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisGun View Post
I've never met a person alive that didn't get a driver's license number and a bill of sale when buying or selling a gun. It's a non-issue. Most people don't want or need a government conducting the sale for them. Hell, I even do do it for knives and computer sales.

When I buy or sell a computer I want to make sure that the computer isn't going to be used to store child pornography because I understand most child pornographers have/use computers for their crimes. I have young children so I am pretty touchy on this issue.
Move to a free state and you'll meet plenty.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51   #377
cal45
Senior Member
 
cal45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
What I said was he did not EO the AWB which he did not. He is asking congress to do it. We need to continue to write our reps and each others reps and anyone else who will listen.
Understood - I wasn't sure what you meant by EO but now know you meant Executive Order.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:09   #378
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
It's Wednesday....no let-up yet!
He said nothing to either incite or sustain panic from reasonable gun owners. He basically admitted that he can't ban anything by Executive Order.

Folks who continue to panic buy are fools.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25   #379
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,782
At least 25% of this country lives in states facing imminent gun control legislation.
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36   #380
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,731


Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
He said nothing to either incite or sustain panic from reasonable gun owners. He basically admitted that he can't ban anything by Executive Order.

Folks who continue to panic buy are fools.
I don't like the EOs but I don't think there is a very good chance we'll get an AWB. MAYBE mag restrictions but I doubt it.

However these dumb elected SOBs probably just set the base rate of sustained gun sAles to a new high. IOW, prices will drop but a lot of us will go on a sustained buying spree for years to come.

The law of in intended consequences always applies when government messes with stuff.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-16-2013 at 11:38..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47   #381
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy
 
JLB768's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,315
So, did I read correctly, he EO'd Dr's being able to ask about guns in the home? And if so, what's the idea behind that? What's the point of a Dr asking about guns, during a visit for a chest cold?
__________________
Guns only have two enemies...Rust, and Democratic Politicians.
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49   #382
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,731


Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB768 View Post
So, did I read correctly, he EO'd Dr's being able to ask about guns in the home? And if so, what's the idea behind that? What's the point of a Dr asking about guns, during a visit for a chest cold?
Future taxation


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53   #383
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member
 
Travclem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 6,443
They can ask, nothing says you have to answer.
__________________
Sent from a payphone in a whorehouse in Mexico.
__________________
Travclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07   #384
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,731


Yet

Obamacare gives government access to your medical records.

IRS to enforce Obamacare

SCOTUS recognizes broad power to tax

I see new types of tax evasion on the horizon.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-16-2013 at 12:08..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07   #385
svtpwnz
Senior Member
 
svtpwnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
It's Wednesday....no let-up yet!
give it a few weeks now that the imperial O has announced that he can't enact an AWB through executive order. Prices will come down, maybe not to where they were, but they will come down.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11   #386
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
give it a few weeks now that the imperial O has announced that he can't enact an AWB through executive order. Prices will come down, maybe not to where they were, but they will come down.
I'm sure that some fools will find a reason to still be panicky about.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18   #387
Drastic Plastic
Doc Holliday
 
Drastic Plastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Rural, America
Posts: 342
Have to disagree. The AWB is coming back, this time with no sunset....It will be permanent if it passes, and enough repubs will vote for it so it might pass. Prices may settle down, but we won't see sub-$1000 ARs again for a long time, if ever. Mag prices will continue to rise to 1992 levels.
__________________
Niners #59
"Man will only be free when the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest..." - by Voltaire who originally said it in French...although it was once attributed to Louisa May Alcott by Edward Abbey...
Drastic Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20   #388
Fear Night
NRA Life Member
 
Fear Night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I'm sure that some fools will find a reason to still be panicky about.
I would say that anybody sitting in a state that voted Blue in 2012 should still be worried. Not from a Federal ban but from a State ban.
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39   #389
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,829
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic Plastic View Post
Mag prices will continue to rise to 1992 levels.
I wouldnt mind buying some mags at 1992 prices
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40   #390
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,731


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic Plastic View Post
Have to disagree. The AWB is coming back, this time with no sunset....It will be permanent if it passes, and enough repubs will vote for it so it might pass. Prices may settle down, but we won't see sub-$1000 ARs again for a long time, if ever. Mag prices will continue to rise to 1992 levels.
I'm not seeing anything to suggest that. The administration needs this to end quickly. The debt ceiling debate is here. They need their capital for that.

They know gun control is a poison pill. They'll take what they can get and they have to pander but that's about it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:49   #391
GeorgiaGlocker
IBTL
 
GeorgiaGlocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,378
Universal background checks may have a chance of passing. Obama will turn the screws hard to get something passed. This is likely to be the recommendation that makes it through. I certainly will not be happy about having to ask the government permission to sell a firearm as a private transaction.
__________________
The problem in our country today is that we spend more time on making sure we are politically correct instead of making sure we are biblically correct.

www.georgiacarry.org
GeorgiaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59   #392
kf4zra
I miss ya Murph
 
kf4zra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,671
Send a message via AIM to kf4zra Send a message via Yahoo to kf4zra


Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB768 View Post
So, did I read correctly, he EO'd Dr's being able to ask about guns in the home? And if so, what's the idea behind that? What's the point of a Dr asking about guns, during a visit for a chest cold?
There was a provision in obamacare that said they no longer could ask this. I think that this was something added to get a few extra senators to sign it.
He is now pulling out of the prohibition he used to entice some into signing.
How snakelike.

If my dr ever asked me about guns, i would be finding a new doctor.
__________________
RIP Mark 1977-2005 I miss the hell outta you bro.

Happiness is a warm AK

If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
kf4zra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 13:01   #393
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic Plastic View Post
Have to disagree. The AWB is coming back, this time with no sunset....It will be permanent if it passes, and enough repubs will vote for it so it might pass. Prices may settle down, but we won't see sub-$1000 ARs again for a long time, if ever. Mag prices will continue to rise to 1992 levels.
Not going to happen, you haven't been reading the tea leaves. First of all, Harry Reid isn't having it, the dems who flip flopped initially have flopped back. Too many dems won election in 2008 in the senate in RED states, up for re-election in 2014. Same can be said about congress, the political will is not there, I doubt Boehner will let anything even come to a vote.

Obama could have announced importation bans, ammo regulations via EO that would have likely been kosher with the courts, but he didn't.

Universal background checks will happen, too many on our side have conceded the issue and it's hard to argue against. We just need to pressure legislators to put exemptions for family transfers, transfers from Ccw to Ccw holder and a clause banning registration. If we do that, not much changes.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 13:41   #394
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,731


Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4zra View Post
There was a provision in obamacare that said they no longer could ask this. I think that this was something added to get a few extra senators to sign it.
He is now pulling out of the prohibition he used to entice some into signing.
How snakelike.

If my dr ever asked me about guns, i would be finding a new doctor.
You won't be able to find a new doctor after all these people flood in.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 13:43   #395
RayB
Retired Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
What The Man said in a public statement, was this:

"I'm confident there are some steps we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

Forgive me, but I can't seem to recall any previous president making quite the same statement at a public address...

I think we should be prepared to hear a lot more statements like that one, in the next four years...

And yes, I'd be more comfortable with Romney-Ryan at the helm right now...

--Ray

It does get wearisome, being right most of the time...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...violence-plan/

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 14:08   #396
Armanius
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 39
Anyone that thinks that Obama and dems will let go the gun control issue is dreaming. They will continue to push, push and push. The Republican Party morale is at an all time low right now thanks to a lack of leadership and fear of the Emperor. We've already seen that in the Senate and House during the fiscal cliff dispute. I am hoping that the House will have some backbone and refuse to go along with Obama's proposal. But it would not surprise me to see many Republicans jump into the gun control bandwagon.

Onto a tangent ... I finally joined the NRA.
Armanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 14:14   #397
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.
 
Seriously?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the woods.
Posts: 178
Agree with PAGunner.

Today's show was just Obama pretending to do something. It was darn near an admission that nothing is going to happen.

No substantial changes can come with the current Congress.

There will be much talk......little action.

Frankly, I don't even think they'll take action on large-capacity clips. They might ban the manufacture of magazines above a 30-round capacity.......just to be able to say they did something.
Seriously? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 14:29   #398
TX OMFS
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisGun View Post
I've never met a person alive that didn't get a driver's license number and a bill of sale when buying or selling a gun. It's a non-issue. Most people don't want or need a government conducting the sale for them. Hell, I even do do it for knives and computer sales.

When I buy or sell a computer I want to make sure that the computer isn't going to be used to store child pornography because I understand most child pornographers have/use computers for their crimes. I have young children so I am pretty touchy on this issue.
I've sold one rifle privately years ago and I have exactly no documentation. A bill of sale for gun sales is probably a good idea.

If you wanted all that documentation for a knife or a computer I'd walk away...and/or offer to sell you some tin foil.
__________________
Bad decisions make good stories.
TX OMFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 14:31   #399
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,481
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
I've sold one rifle privately years ago and I have exactly no documentation. A bill of sale for gun sales is probably a good idea.

If you wanted all that documentation for a knife or a computer I'd walk away...and/or offer to sell you some tin foil.
I was going to say...

But you said it for me!
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 15:34   #400
lbrasi
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
Agree with PAGunner.

Today's show was just Obama pretending to do something. It was darn near an admission that nothing is going to happen.

No substantial changes can come with the current Congress.

There will be much talk......little action.

Frankly, I don't even think they'll take action on large-capacity clips. They might ban the manufacture of magazines above a 30-round capacity.......just to be able to say they did something.
I'm not sure who here was paying attention to the last four years, but like him or not, this president has accomplished nearly everything he has attempted.
lbrasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:19.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,074
335 Members
739 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42