SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2013, 15:58   #1
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Walmart not Selling Ammuntion anymore?

I just read on a blog that Walmart was no longer ordering ammunition. Any truth to this?
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 16:01   #2
Ruggles

No sir, none at all. Hard to get any shipped to the stores because of the general shortage but they still do and will continue to carry it, as well as firearms.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 16:06   #3
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Just picked some up this morning.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 16:11   #4
20South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
No sir, none at all. Hard to get any shipped to the stores because of the general shortage but they still do and will continue to carry it, as well as firearms.
This.
Old 01-13-2013, 16:53   #5
cowboy1964

Would be fine with me if they didn't. Would be more for sgammo and the like, where prices are actually reasonable.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-13-2013 at 16:53..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 19:20   #6
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post

Would be fine with me if they didn't. Would be more for sgammo and the like, where prices are actually reasonable.
Yeah, Walmart ammo is always SO expensive.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 19:38   #7
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Quote:

Yeah, Walmart ammo is always SO expensive.
This. Almost nothing in stock right now (just like everybody else), but last week saw Federal 115 fmj there for $11.99.

So... an actual "made-in-America" product, locally available over the counter, for a lower price than most internet dealers currently offer imported com-bloc stuff for. Yep; gotta hate them bastages...

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 20:28   #8
Syclone538

I'm sure this was about a specific store. If they carry guns seems to be a local or regional decision, I'm sure ammo is too.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 21:38   #9
Babynine

I just heard an audio recording of a phone call to WalMart customer service in which the caller asked "Has WalMart decided to no longer carry ammunition due to upcoming legislation?"

The WalMart employee on the line responded to the caller "Nothing is set in stone as of yet".

I do not know if the employee is referring to a single store, or the entire US chain. i would post a link, but I'm just too dumb to even know how

NutnFancy on YouTube made a comment recently about Kmart being pressured by the Clinton regime to stop the sales of firearms and ammo back in the '90's..... He then went on to ask "Hows Kmart doing these days?" lol
Old 01-13-2013, 21:58   #10
emt1581
Curious Member

This was discussed in multiple threads over on ARF.com

I seem to remember seeing that one of the higher ups in Wal-Mart talking about them no longer ordering from distributors/manufacturers but that current orders are being filled.

Again, seems far fetched but let's see if we all feel this way in a few months to a year. I can honestly say I never heard such a rumor during the 08 panic.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 22:08   #11
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

There is ONE Walmart in Indy that does not sell any ammo that can be used in a handgun. Readers of this post are allowed to guess the reason.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 01-13-2013 at 22:09..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 22:27   #12
20South

Well - while not believing the epitome of capitalism (Walmart) would sacrifice a dollar (and maybe they didnt/wont) - executives did apparently attend WH meetings last week.

http://news.yahoo.com/wal-mart-join-...170139471.html

tons of info out on the interwebz.
Old 01-13-2013, 23:42   #13
ArmoryDoc

"We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person..."

The Nazi regime probably threatened Walmart if they didn't attend the meeting in person. Probably got told after they arrived that they WILL cooperate, or face sanctions.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34   #14
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babynine View Post
NutnFancy on YouTube made a comment recently about Kmart being pressured by the Clinton regime to stop the sales of firearms and ammo back in the '90's..... He then went on to ask "Hows Kmart doing these days?" lol
Yeah, Kmart's commercial failure is due to them stopping selling firearms and ammo.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18   #15
DJ Niner

Quote:
Yeah, Kmart's commercial failure is due to them stopping selling firearms and ammo.
Well, it sure didn't HELP their situation any.

Prior to that, I believe K-Mart was the nation's highest-selling firearms retailer for many years (I bought my first .22 rifle and Remington 870 shotgun from my hometown K-Mart).

As for the original subject, during the last ammo shortage, I was told by my local WalMart sporting goods folks that they were instructed to suspend ordering ammo, as the distribution centers would be allocating and shipping whatever ammo they could find to each store automatically, based on past sales history. The stores got what they got, whenever it showed up. Perhaps they are doing the same thing in the current situation, and the message got muddled along the way?

Last edited by DJ Niner; 01-14-2013 at 03:26..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33   #16
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoryDoc View Post
"We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person..."

The Nazi regime probably threatened Walmart if they didn't attend the meeting in person. Probably got told after they arrived that they WILL cooperate, or face sanctions.
I wouldn't put it past this administration or the crazy grandpa Joe. However, can you really tell the WORLD's largest retailer to do anything?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:45   #17
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I wouldn't put it past this administration or the crazy grandpa Joe. However, can you really tell the WORLD's largest retailer to do anything?

-Emt1581
I'd bet you could get them to attend a non-binding meeting, by hinting that their obamacare waiver might be in jeopardy.

Not saying that's what happened; just saying that's the tactic I'd use if I were a tyrant in power.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02   #18
ArmoryDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
I'd bet you could get them to attend a non-binding meeting, by hinting that their obamacare waiver might be in jeopardy.

Not saying that's what happened; just saying that's the tactic I'd use if I were a tyrant in power.
Absolutely this.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43   #19
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
...I'd use if I were a tyrant in power...
This is the correct answer if anyone ever asks why you need an AR-15.
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54   #20
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
This is the correct answer if anyone ever asks why you need an AR-15.

And a good stock of ammo to feed it when needed..

..& high cap magazines to keep it all in perspective!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote