Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:04   #1
bigred0383

GSSF dealer won't honor coupon

My local, and only, GSSF dealer told me today, and I quote "We aren't honoring the GSSF coupon, due to the 600,000 gun backlog at Glock, we are only selling to LEO's now."

Well ain't that a kick in the crotch.

They were more than happy to offer me one at full price though.

And I just found out due to work I can't make any of the indoor matches or the state match this year.

Glad I re-upped my membership.

Last edited by bigred0383; 01-11-2013 at 01:05..
bigred0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23   #2
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

They don't have a choice. Report them to Glock. Those certificates are just as good as my badge in Glocks eyes.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35   #3
TSAX
USAF Vet

Why be a GSSF participating dealer if you will honor it whenever you feel like it. Call GSSF at 770-437-4718, call and ask for Donna if she's not there someone else may be able to help. Let them know what the deal is, maybe something can be done. At least they can point you in the direction of another shop(s) within a 50 mile radius.

I know there is a back order issue with many guns, gear and ammo and yes its his shop but................

What's the name of the shop, we can blast them online and tell people to stay away from them also.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1422532

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Last edited by TSAX; 01-11-2013 at 01:40..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47   #4
bigred0383

Shooter's in Racine WI. They also have a $10 dealer's fee they charge on top of Blue Label guns for GSSF guys.

To be fair, these were counter guys, not the owner.

Before I complained, it would be appropriate to contact him directly.

Just curious is anybody else has had this problem. Per your link, it seems some have.

Next closest dealer to me is 2 hours away in gun un-friendly Illinois.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13   #5
TSAX
USAF Vet

Give them a ring maybe a shop joined the GSSF dealer program recently. This has happened to a few people, they called up, gave them their zip code and found a place. I know I was one of them, they said I wasn't the only one that called that day and was happily surprised to find another place around. Its worth a shot to ask, you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred0383 View Post
Just curious is anybody else has had this problem. Per your link, it seems some have.

$10 isnt outrageous but I still dont like dealers' adding a "charge/fee" to GSSF customers. Another member even said that a shop claimed they did away with the program It sucks that people do have this issue, there are many that dont even know that they are getting screwed. After the thread I started I got some messages from people in my state saying they knew the place I had a bad dealing with and reported them to GSSF also.

Are you on any WI gun forums you can blast them on. At least here members can see the name you posted and be aware.

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Last edited by TSAX; 01-11-2013 at 02:19..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57   #6
Lone Kimono

The people at GSFF have always been helpful to me. I had a few dealers in my area give me crap and a few ended up kicked off the list. They don't like people messing around with members like that. Call them.
Lone Kimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 16:50   #7
RYT 2BER

I've encountered more than one dbag blue label dealer and it doesn't surprise me in this market.

They figure they aren't going to sell you a discount gun.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29   #8
Comrade Bork

Glock has direct relationships with certain LE Dealers.

Those LE dealers in turn have sub distributors.

The SubDs are the main group selling GSSF guns to GSSF members.

SubDs can also buy GLocks through the normal wholesalr route.

Since SubDs have no DIRECT relationship with Glock, Glock has no control over how they choose to sell their stock.

In the current buying frenzy, it may make more sense to them to hold back the Glocks they got from the LE dealers and push the commercially acquired Glocks.
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 19:38   #9
bigred0383

Quick update, as I want to be fair to my dealer.

I talked to one of the co-owners, and he clarified their postion.

He says he has people taking advantage of the program, buying guns on the discount, selling them on gunbroker for a profit, and they using HIM as the ffl transfer. Ballsy.

I guess one of the big LEO agencies has to purchase their own pistols, and he said that with the current buying crisis he doesn't have enough guns to fill their orders, which he sees (appropriately in my opinion) as the priority.

So their ACTUAL rule is, if they have less than two of the popular LE models they won't sell them. If they have more than two, they will.

Competition models, 34 and 35 they don't stock, but he offered to get one at any time.

Glad I talked to the owner before I called Smyrna.

Thanks for the tips on other dealers BTW.
Old 01-20-2013, 13:57   #10
mke229

Give Fletcher Arms in Waukesha a call. I've been able to use the gssf purchase program there with no problems, scored a g19 just a few weeks go. I don't know what inventory is like lately.
mke229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 21:19   #11
cmmoore628

Ed's public safety in ga is doing the same thing for the same reasons

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
cmmoore628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24   #12
Comrade Bork

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred0383 View Post
Quick update, as I want to be fair to my dealer.

I talked to one of the co-owners, and he clarified their postion.

He says he has people taking advantage of the program, buying guns on the discount, selling them on gunbroker for a profit, and they using HIM as the ffl transfer. Ballsy.

I guess one of the big LEO agencies has to purchase their own pistols, and he said that with the current buying crisis he doesn't have enough guns to fill their orders, which he sees (appropriately in my opinion) as the priority.

So their ACTUAL rule is, if they have less than two of the popular LE models they won't sell them. If they have more than two, they will.

Competition models, 34 and 35 they don't stock, but he offered to get one at any time.

Glad I talked to the owner before I called Smyrna.

Thanks for the tips on other dealers BTW.
GSSF has, what, maybe 12 or 14,000 dues paying members that can take advantage of this program, spread across the entire 50 states.

AND

Every such GSSF member is limited to just one gun per year?

So they are flipping one gun per year on an FFL.

Is it going to put any particular FFL out of business?

I doubt it.

Last edited by Comrade Bork; 01-25-2013 at 08:01..
Old 01-25-2013, 01:52   #13
__jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmoore628 View Post
Ed's public safety in ga is doing the same thing for the same reasons

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Are they selling blue label Glocks to the public?
Florida Glocker #153
Glock Certified Armorer
GSSF Member
__jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59   #14
Comrade Bork

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __jb View Post
The GSSF sales program, selling to GSSF members, is the ONLY way a non-LEO (or member of another authorized group; military, etc.) can get hold of a Blue-Label LE-pipeline Glock!

All others available to "civilians" are "white label" Glocks through the normal whole-sale/retail pipeline.

Last edited by Comrade Bork; 01-25-2013 at 08:00..
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22   #15
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Bork View Post
The GSSF sales program, selling to GSSF members, is the ONLY way a non-LEO (or member of another authorized group; military, etc.) can get hold of a Blue-Label LE-pipeline Glock!

All others available to "civilians" are "white label" Glocks through the normal whole-sale/retail pipeline.
In which communist state do you live? Other than Blue Label includes White and Red Label (for over 10-rnd mags).
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25   #16
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by __jb View Post
I saw that too. Had no idea whose post that cmmoore was referencing!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27   #17
Pilotdude3407

So Eds is denying gssf people? Is there anywhere in GA that is still doing it?
Pilotdude3407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:30   #18
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotdude3407 View Post
So Eds is denying gssf people? Is there anywhere in GA that is still doing it?
I didn't understand that! Have you called Ed's? They are a BIG supporter of GSSF.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31   #19
DannyR

Ed's is not denying sales to GSSF members. Glock has restricted Ed's territory to two States, so Ed's can only sell to GSSF members in those two States.
Bull Dawg #1
www.gssfonline.com
https://sites.google.com/site/dannyvickieryan
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12   #20
Pilotdude3407

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Ed's is not denying sales to GSSF members. Glock has restricted Ed's territory to two States, so Ed's can only sell to GSSF members in those two States.
Ok good. I'm on vacation right now but right before I left my gssf coupon came in but I haven't called to check stock or anything so I started freaking out when someone said eds was holding out. I'm going to call them (and hopefully get one) on Monday.
Pilotdude3407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 19:58   #21
emerilnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotdude3407 View Post
Ok good. I'm on vacation right now but right before I left my gssf coupon came in but I haven't called to check stock or anything so I started freaking out when someone said eds was holding out. I'm going to call them (and hopefully get one) on Monday.
I called them as well because I bought a GSSF certificate from a friend. The cert I have is an award from a match so it's for a free pistol, not a discount. They did tell me that couldn't honor a cert for a free pistol, but they do the purchase vouchers still.

The problem right now with Ed's is that have NOTHING in stock, and the next shipment they know about isn't until early April. At the time I called there were no 9mm, .40, or .45 pistols left. They were down to their last .357Sig pistol and had a couple of .45 GAPs left.
Old 02-25-2013, 22:52   #22
JoleBole
Mr.Glock

I experienced the same thing today with a LE dealer in IL. I called a week ago and asked if they accept the GSSF discount coupon. They said "yes, come on in, we have plenty of LE Glock's" Today I went there all happy to put one on layaway and the guy there says to me: "sorry sir we changed the policy two weeks ago and we cannot sell you a blue labeled Glock. We have to keep them for LE only - they need them more". I told him - that sucks big time and left. I am writing an email to GSSF right now. I've been a gssf member for 3 years now and never used the discount. Called two other dealers-they were out of stock.

JoleBole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 15:31   #23
Comrade Bork

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoleBole View Post
I experienced the same thing today with a LE dealer in IL. I called a week ago and asked if they accept the GSSF discount coupon. They said "yes, come on in, we have plenty of LE Glock's" Today I went there all happy to put one on layaway and the guy there says to me: "sorry sir we changed the policy two weeks ago and we cannot sell you a blue labeled Glock. We have to keep them for LE only - they need them more". I told him - that sucks big time and left. I am writing an email to GSSF right now. I've been a gssf member for 3 years now and never used the discount. Called two other dealers-they were out of stock.
No use complaining to Glock.

They sold just shy of a million guns last year.

There are 260 Mondays-Fridays in a year.

Do the math.

Glock is already pumping out about 3,800 guns per day, 5 days per week.

Still they cannot keep up with demand.

They go out Glock's shipping door, the money comes back in for them -- and they disappear just about as soon as they hit the retailers.

And that is the way it is going to BE until this buying frenzy subsides (won't happen until Obama leaves office in January, 2017 and maybe not then if another Democrat succeeds him) and/or Glock pushes production up still further.

And assuming Obama & Co. don't figure out a way to mess with them to the point where they cannot get any guns out to Civilians at all!!

God help us all if the Democrats take both the House and the Senate in the 2016 elections with Obama as a lame duck with 2 years to go to mess this country up past the point of any possible recovery.

It may be past that point now.

Last edited by Comrade Bork; 02-26-2013 at 15:36..
Old 02-27-2013, 13:25   #24
coastal4974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Bork View Post
No use complaining to Glock.

They sold just shy of a million guns last year.

There are 260 Mondays-Fridays in a year.

Do the math.

Glock is already pumping out about 3,800 guns per day, 5 days per week.

Still they cannot keep up with demand.

They go out Glock's shipping door, the money comes back in for them -- and they disappear just about as soon as they hit the retailers.

And that is the way it is going to BE until this buying frenzy subsides (won't happen until Obama leaves office in January, 2017 and maybe not then if another Democrat succeeds him) and/or Glock pushes production up still further.

And assuming Obama & Co. don't figure out a way to mess with them to the point where they cannot get any guns out to Civilians at all!!

God help us all if the Democrats take both the House and the Senate in the 2016 elections with Obama as a lame duck with 2 years to go to mess this country up past the point of any possible recovery.

It may be past that point now.
So you don’t think things will be better after Hillary gets sworn in?

Really, we all understand that Glock is severely backlogged and I don’t think anyone is asking to be put in front of the line but if Glock has no control over their dealers they either have to find another way to support GSSF or discontinue the purchase plan. Of curse if they did that you might see a lot less Glocks in competitions. This dealer trouble has been going on for the three years I’ve been in it so this current crisis is not the reason for it. I’ve been very happy with my dealer, I hope that won’t change when I place an order this year.

To the OP. Forget this dealer, he is not going to sell to you. Your order will be there forever without getting filled because it’s seems pretty clear he just doesn’t want to sell to “some” customers. How many people do you think are flipping Glocks out of his little shop? One? How many people are going to join GSSF, wait months for a Glock and sell it for a $100 more and profits $75 at most after his membership fee. GMAFB, he makes it sound like it’s an every day occurrence. Ask GSSF for another dealer that will actually put you in a real queue and maybe someday when you‘re filling out your football pool you‘ll get a call that your new Glock is in.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:37   #25
silverfd

my local gun store says you gotta be a gssf member for a year before they will sell you a blue lable glock. I have a 2 year membership so i guess i can wait another year... I was sorta wanting to shoot sooner then later though.

is there anyone I can have the dealer call to see if this is correct or not? I though on the sign up sheet says...

GSSF Members eligible for the Discount Purchase Program:

Current members with more than 12 months (1 year) consecutive time as a

GSSF member and

in possession of the new double-card membership form.

New ‘multi-year’ members (2 Year, 3 Year, 5 Year and Lifetime members) in

possession

of the new double-card membership form.

Last edited by silverfd; 02-28-2013 at 04:45..
silverfd is offline   Reply With Quote