Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2013, 18:35   #76
floorburn_21
.40 ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbert View Post
I used floorburn_21's letter as a template, and made changes to make it less confrontational. Here is what I sent:
My letter was meant to be a bit confrontational as I feel like it will be taken more seriously than a "please consider my rights, please?"

I just sent an email using the OP's signature link. That's nice!
Old 01-13-2013, 14:58   #77
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

I got another one back today:

Quote:
Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) has announced that she intends to introduce legislation that would reinstate the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban. The assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004, prohibited semi-automatic firearms simply because they looked like fully-automatic military rifles. Semi-automatic firearms fire only one shot when the trigger is pulled, unlike fully-automatic firearms. Her proposal would ban the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of semi-automatic assault weapon as defined by the legislation. Additionally, Senator Feinstein legislation aims to ban large-capacity ammunition feeding devices and implement strict registration and weapons transfer requirements. While the bill is not publicly available I have provided a link below to Senator Feinstein's summary of the bill:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-ac8ca4359119

I have always and will continue to vigorously oppose legislation that threatens our Second Amendment rights. Everyone agrees that this country must take steps to control violent crime, and I believe we can keep America safe while protecting our constitutional freedoms. Please know that I oppose any efforts in the Senate to reinstate a ban on semi-automatic firearms or impose upon an individual's right to bear arms.

Once again, Larry, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me on this issue. I value your input.

John Barrasso, M.D.
United States Senator
Barrasso is a pretty dam good Senator, He also has (had?) a practice (MD) here in Casper.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Last edited by Lone Wolf8634; 01-13-2013 at 14:59..
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 18:09   #78
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

The Okie Corral

Alright. It's time for a full court press. Joey Biden and his cronies have rubber stamped Barry's wishlist of gun confiscation "control".

If it's ever been on, it's on on Tuesday. All of them need to hear from ALL of us Late Tuesday and again early on Wednesday. Send whatever you can as soon as possible. There are several great letters that others have posted, and once I see What Uncle Joey recommends, I'll try to get my rebuttal up as soon as possible. Many others can do the same, and they will likely be better than mine, but use some template, get involved now.

Wolves don't mess with bison that are on guard.

A few minutes spent now, may mean a lot more than a few minutes later.

Much thanks for those that choose to participate.

Emotions are high, and I've watched people do stupid S#!T a lot when emotions are high. A Calm but firm response is best. Be good, be good to one another, and make sure your neighbors and friends are making their voices heard electronically too.

The Okie Corral
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 18:07   #79
frank4570
Feral human

I'm sending emails to everybody again. We need to let those bastards know we are not going away.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53   #80
PVolk

Just sent another round of e-mails this morning.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56   #81
debbert

Interestingly enough, I've received two different form letters from our most liberal Democratic senator (examples have already been posted by others), yet I haven't heard from my Republican leaders.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07   #82
CarryTexas

I will be emailing all again today. ALL my reps and the House and senate leaders.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

Ruger has a great site for contacting all your reps!

Take Action Now

Last edited by CarryTexas; 01-15-2013 at 09:13..
CarryTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24   #83
zulu01

I just sent the second round of letters to my reps.
zulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01   #84
zulu01

Senator Udall's Response

January 6, 2013
Dear zulu01,

Thank you for contacting me regarding Second Amendment rights. I appreciate that you took the time to write on this important topic.
Responsible gun ownership is an integral part of our Western heritage. The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides for an individual right, and I am dedicated to protecting the rights of citizens to own firearms for personal protection, hunting, collecting or for other legal purposes.
We can all agree that the shootings at Columbine High School and Virginia Tech, and in Aurora; Tucson, AZ; Newtown, CT; and other instances in which terrible crimes have been committed with guns are national tragedies that should concern us all. No single policy is going to be adequate in preventing gun tragedies in the future. We need comprehensive solutions that examine our culture's glorification of violence, the effectiveness of our laws, our ability to enforce those laws and access to firearms, especially those designed for the battlefield. We must do everything we can - consistent with the Second Amendment - to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals, the mentally ill and those who would turn them against their community. As legislation related to Second Amendment rights is debated, I will carefully examine its intentions and impacts and use your thoughts to help guide me.
I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not merely about supporting or opposing legislation, but also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.

Warm regards,

Mark Udall
U.S. Senator, Colorado
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03   #85
zulu01

Senator Bennet's reply

Dear zulu01:
Thank you for contacting me regarding Senator Feinstein's assault weapons ban proposal. I appreciate hearing from you.
The numerous tragedies that our nation has had to face over the past year have been staggering. My own family, like all Americans, has been repeatedly shocked and deeply saddened by the violence we have witnessed, and my heart continues to be with the victims and their families. As Coloradans, we know how this type of tragedy can shake a community to its core and in the aftermath of these abhorrent acts our priority should be on supporting the survivors and families, and healing our communities.
We must have a real discussion in this country about finding ways to stop these senseless shootings. I believe a combination of improved access to mental health services, restrictions on certain weapons intended for the battlefield, and elimination of the gun show loophole are sensible steps that can protect our communities and particularly, our children. In Colorado, we support the right to bear arms and the ability of people to recreate, hunt, and protect their homes, and we want to keep the wrong weapons out the hands of the wrong people. I believe our state can come together to have a civil discussion that addresses these issues and as the President's taskforce releases its recommendations to prevent and reduce gun violence, we will ensure that Colorado's voices are heard.
Senator Dianne Feinstein of California plans to introduce a bill in the 113th Congress that will prohibit the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices. The ban will include 120 specifically-named firearms and will apply to large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds. The bill will also require grandfathered weapons to be registered under the National Firearms Act and will include a background check of the owner and any future transferees. Although Senator Feinstein has not introduced the bill, she has indicated that she will do so at the start of the legislative session.
I look forward to reviewing Senator Feinstein's proposal, along with others brought before Senate. Let us all continue to keep the communities affected by these tragic acts in our thoughts and prayers.
I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.
For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/. Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Michael F. Bennet
United States Senator
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55   #86
ustate
NRA Member

I sent my Senators and Rep an email last Friday, so far I've got an auto response from Rep Chaffetz and Senator Hatch saying they've received my email but no actual response from anyone yet. Though both Senators and Rep Chaffetz are all pro gun it would still be nice to get something back from them.
Old 01-15-2013, 16:18   #87
HavinaPretzel
Go Hokies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorburn_21 View Post
I still haven't got any responses to mine.

Dear xxx

In the aftermath of the horrific Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, I want to make it abundantly clear that America’s gun owners expect that you will respect and defend their Second Amendment freedoms in spite of the hysteria surrounding this issue. Any attempts to pass new Federal gun control legislation will be remembered none too fondly on election day. I have decided that I am now a one-issue voter. I do this because I’m a law-abiding citizen who is tired of having his rights stripped away by those who are ignorant on the subject. Those that take the time to study the issue of "gun control" know that when the right to self-defense is restricted from lawful citizens, crime increases in those areas. Criminals do not obey the law. If they did, they would not be criminals.

I want to be perfectly clear here. Elected officials and political candidates who support ANY form of restrictive gun control WILL LOSE MY VOTE. Please do your part to cast out the flawed concept of "gun control.” You must understand that we will no longer tolerate the infringement of that which "shall not be infringed."

For the sake of perspective, I will point out that the 1994 Federal "Assault Weapons" ban was originally passed in a Democrat-controlled Congress by a very slim margin and by a slightly larger margin in the Senate.

The result; In the 1994 national elections, three months after passage, the Democrats lost nine seats in the Senate and 54 seats in the House. There is no denying that gun control, specifically the "Assault Weapons" ban, was a very large part of why the Democrats lost the House for the first time in 50 years. Former President Bill Clinton once even estimated that voting for the ban cost 20+ Democrat Representatives their seats.

Please understand that our frustration stems from years of incremental erosion to our constitutionally acknowledged personal freedoms. Any attempts to further weaken our right to keep and bear arms will be viewed as a rejection of our nation’s founding principles, and as a betrayal of the millions of American gun owners who work, raise families, pay taxes, and most importantly, vote.

Thank you for your time, and I would greatly appreciate a reply in order to learn your position on this very important issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Thats a good one. About to use that for my next round of emails.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I borrowed this one as well, for my second round of emails. I think I'll write and mail some printed letters as well!
Old 01-15-2013, 19:56   #88
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I've been running around a lot lately. In the woods hunting deer and hogs over the weekend, a couple days sick, and preparing for my anniversary tomorrow.

I've been sending the emails daily from my phone, too much to cut and paste with slow connections out in the woods. But I have still been writing daily.

The fight starts tomorrow, after Barry assembles his human shield children to announce what he will push onto us.

The fight starts tomorrow. Barry draws his line in the sand. New York is already done for. Good luck finding those 7 round mags for anything other than a 1911, a Ruger LCP or something similar.

I prefer my states approach......

Texas lawmaker: Arrest officials who enforce 'King Obama' gun laws
Old 01-15-2013, 20:08   #89
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I've been running around a lot lately. In the woods hunting deer and hogs over the weekend, a couple days sick, and preparing for my anniversary tomorrow.

I've been sending the emails daily from my phone, too much to cut and paste with slow connections out in the woods. But I have still been writing daily.

The fight starts tomorrow, after Barry assembles his human shield children to announce what he will push onto us.

The fight starts tomorrow. Barry draws his line in the sand. New York is already done for. Good luck finding those 7 round mags for anything other than a 1911, a Ruger LCP or something similar.

I prefer my states approach......

Texas lawmaker: Arrest officials who enforce 'King Obama' gun laws
Happy anniversary, CD.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 20:41   #90
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Happy anniversary, CD.
Much thanks. Mrs. Cavalry Doc is a reluctant but daily carrier of a firearm. She shoots very well. She has mentioned once or twice about getting a baby glock in 9mm.

We have a lot of other things going on right now, kids in college and such. So I can't get her both what I want, and what she wants. Which is a rather large purple anniversary ring, with all the sparkles and glimmers that women like, and that she has taken the trouble to point out to me no less han 6 times in the last 6 months. So I bought her the ring. A dozen flowers, and a card.

The plan is that I'll probably leave before she gets up tomorrow. She'll come out and see the dozen red roses in a vase behind a Glock pistol case (ring and stapler inside for weight) with a card on it. That says on the front: "THERE IS NO ONE IN THE WORLD THAT MAKES ME FEEL THE WAY YOU DO"

Inside it says: IT'S A MIXTURE OF PASSIONATE LOVE AND THE VAGUE FEELING I'M IN TROUBLE, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

Below, in handwriting: "Think of it as an '80's themed anniversary, complete with guns and roses."

26 years, and it may be my last after this. So if I don't post anymore after tomorrow evening when I get home, you'll all just have to understand.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-15-2013 at 20:43..
Old 01-15-2013, 20:51   #91
costanza187
I like Macs

I used the Ruger form letter submission thing.
Old 01-15-2013, 21:02   #92
Kchur00

Response from my representative:

January 15, 2013

Dear Mr. Churchill,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding a federal assault weapons ban. It is good to hear from you.

First, let me say that the loss of innocent lives in the recent Connecticut shooting is a great tragedy and the actions of the shooter are reprehensible. As a father of three school-aged children, it is particularly painful to think about what the parents of the victims are going through.

In light of these horrific events, many have discussed legislative measures to address gun control, including a reinstatement of a federal assault weapons ban. As you may know, in 1994, Congress imposed a ten year ban on the possession, transfer, or manufacture of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds that were not legally produced or possessed prior to September 13, 1994—the date of enactment. In 2004, the weapons ban expired, and while there has been legislation since then introduced both in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate to reintroduce the weapons ban, none such bills have passed.

Furthermore, President Obamahas stated that part of the solution to gun violence "is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced." As the elected leader of our nation, sworn to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, I find it unsettling for the president to so brazenly state that he would be in favor of limiting those constitutionally protected rights of our citizens. What's more is that Vice President Joe Biden stated on January 9, 2013 that the White House is considering using executive orders to implement new gun control measures. I believe that when the president's policies cannot pass Congress, it means the American people have rejected them. A White House order for new gun controls would be in clear defiance of the will of the people and our democratic process. As a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, I reject this threat from the White House and would support legislation to repeal any executive order that infringes on our right to keep and bear arms

Like you, I have concerns with any legislation that seeks to address crime not through punishing criminals, but through taking away the Second Amendment rights of law abiding gun owners in the 14th District and elsewhere. As a firearm owner myself, I am a strong advocate for gun owners across America. I assure you that as long as I have the privilege of serving you in Congress, I will not support executive actions or legislation that violates or restricts Americans' right to own and carry firearms.

As an advocate for gun rights, you may be pleased to know that I am a co-sponsor of the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act. H.R. 58 was introduced by Representative Steve Scalise on January 5, 2011 and would allow firearms dealers to sell or deliver any firearms to a resident in another state and would allow licensed dealers to conduct business at gun shows in other states. This bill has been referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a Member, and no hearings were held.

Additionally, I am a co-sponsor of H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011. Introduced by Representative Cliff Stearns on February 18, 2011, this bill would provide a national standard for concealed carry permits in order to allow non-residents of a state to carry a concealed handgun, as long as they possess a valid concealed carry permit in another state. This bill is not to impede upon the states' right for determining their own concealed carry laws, nor does it apply to states that do not permit concealed firearms. This bill was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a Member, and a hearing was held on September 13, 2011.

During this hearing, David Kopel, a professor at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, testified that "H.R. 822 is consistent with the letter and the spirit of the 10th Amendment, and of principles of federalism." If you would like to read additional testimony or watch a video of this hearing, you can do so on the Committee's website www.judiciary.house.gov. As well, this bill passed in the U.S. House of Representatives, with my support, on November 16, 2011 by a vote of 272 – 154. Unfortunately, these bills did not pass both chambers of Congress in the 112th Congress. Please rest assured, I will always support legislation that upholds each American's right to keep and bear arms, and should any legislation come before me regarding gun ownership in the 113th Congress, I will be certain to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this important matter. Your input helps me to better serve you in the U.S. House of Representatives. If I can be of any further service, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Tom Graves
Member of Congress
"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins." – Sammy "The Bull" Gravano
Kchur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 21:33   #93
I'M Glockamolie

"Dear Mr. X :

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on the ongoing national discussion about gun rights and the 2nd Amendment. I appreciate the benefit of having your views on this matter.
Please know that I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I believe that law abiding Americans should be allowed to protect themselves. The right to bear arms is fundamental and must be protected . Furthermore, it is understood that the greatest deterrent to violent crime is a criminal's fear that his intended victim might be armed.

I strongly oppose legislation that infringes on our 2nd Amendment rights. I will keep your views in mind should legislation come before me on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives or in committee for a vote.

Once again, thank you for contacting my office. Also, please feel free to visit my website, www.mccaul.house.gov for more information on constituent services, legislative updates, my E-Newsletter, and the ongoing work in Congress. It continues to be a great honor to be allowed to represent you in the United States House of Representative.

M
Sincerely ,

Michael T. McCaul
Member of Congress"
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09   #94
Jumper

Sent this to all my representatives in MI via the link on Ruger's website. So far, only Governor snyder has responded, albeit favorably. I gave a jab to my two worthless Senators, Stabenow and Levin at the end of my message

Dear "Jumper"

Thank you for recently contacting the Executive Office of Governor Rick Snyder regarding changes to gun laws. As a member of Governor Snyder's staff, please accept this response on his behalf.

There is earnest conversation about revising gun laws taking place at the federal level. Because this is a federal proposal, the best source of contact is your United States Senator or Congressperson. Their contact information can be found online at www.senate.gov and www.house.gov.

In Michigan, Governor Snyder believes violence should be looked at with a holistic approach and examining the multiple causes and root of the problem. While there is no specific gun legislation on the Governor Snyder’s agenda at this time, he has ordered a multi-departmental assessment of the state's services and needs regarding at-risk children, mental health, etc. This will hopefully lead to more answers and better safeguards while ensuring we’re protecting the rights of law-abiding firearm owners.

Again, thank you for contacting the Governor’s office. Should you have further questions or comments regarding this or any other state-related matter, please do not hesitate to contact Governor Snyder’s office again.

Sincerely,

Laura Stoken
Constituent Services Division
Executive Office of the Governor, Rick Snyder
O: 517-335-7858

---
For your records, here's a copy of what you submitted to our office:

Jumper
Jumper's address
Freeland, MI 48623

Governor Snyder:

As one of your constituents I am writing to you to express my support of
the 2nd Amendment of the Bill Of Rights and request that you support it in
your governing body. I am watching with great interest this assault on law
abiding, tax paying American gun owners and I am taking note which of you
support gun control and which of you support freedom. For any of you that
vote for ANY gun control I will never vote for you or, any candidate you
support in any future election. In fact, I will contribute time and money
to actively support your opponent and forbid anyone in my family from
supporting you. The phrase "shall not be infringed" is self-explanatory.
If you are unaware of the origin and context of that phrase, you are
probably a Democrat.

Sincerely,

"Jumper"
10 Ring Member #661944

You can have my guns when I run out of ammo. Which wont be happening anytime soon.
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:35   #95
debbert

I received a response from Congressman David Joyce from Northeast Ohio, today:

DAVID JOYCE
14th District of Ohio

http://joyce.house.gov

1535 Longworth
Office Building
(202) 225-5731

January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Debbert:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your Second Amendment rights. As a new Member of Congress, I am excited to have the opportunity to represent you and the 14th Congressional District. I am grateful for the chance to shape America’s future and your input is essential in my quest to do so.

I am a strong proponent of Second Amendment rights believing law-abiding citizens have every right to protect their families and homes. Recently, there have been a number of bills introduced in the House restricting firearm access, sales or both. I will keep your views in mind as we continue to debate gun control legislation in the 113th Congress.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me, I appreciate you giving me the chance to respond. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns regarding your federal government.

Sincerely,

David P. Joyce
Member of Congress

DJ/cs
Old 01-16-2013, 20:25   #96
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Got another reply today:

Quote:
January 16, 2013

Larry Xxxxx Xxxxxxxxx
100 Xxxxxxxxxx
Casper, WY 82604-5350

Dear Larry:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School. It is good to hear from you.

This senseless act of violence is truly disturbing and unsettling. As a parent, I can only begin to fathom the pain felt by those in the Newton, CT community. They need to know that the rest of the country stands with them in this time of grief. I encourage all Americans to pray for those who lost their lives, and for those parents and families who have lost their children.

Rational people want to understand what could cause an individual to commit such a brutal and heinous crime. I realize that the attack has spawned calls for additional firearm regulation in the United States. But it is vital that we continue to allow the investigation of the crime to run its course before jumping to conclusions about what caused it and what might have prevented it.

As a fifth-generation Wyoming rancher, I know firsthand the importance of the Second Amendment to our way of life in Wyoming. I have long opposed additional gun control measures, such as renewing the Clinton-era ban on certain semi-automatic rifles. My views on the Second Amendment have not changed.

Our Founding Fathers believed so strongly in our right to own and use firearms that they made it part of our Bill of Rights. All too often, this right is under attack in Washington by those who do not fully understand its importance in the rural west. I will work to preserve the fundamental, constitutional, individual right of law-abiding citizens to own and use firearms.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me. I value your input. If you haven’t done so already, I would like to encourage you to visit my website at www.lummis.house.gov. There you can sign up to receive my newsletter, and have access to a wealth of other information. I won’t flood your email box, but I will provide you with updates once in a while about activities in Washington that affect our lives in Wyoming. I hope you will sign up so that we can stay in close touch, and I look forward to seeing you in Wyoming.

Sincerely,

Cynthia M. Lummis
Member of Congress

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 16:16   #97
CarryTexas

This is a reply from my state representative regarding the state bill that would protect gun owners from the federal government.

The Okie Corral
CarryTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 14:00   #98
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
I received a letter from my congressman yesterday saying he was on our side. I will be executing round 3 some time this weekend.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 14:26   #99
Dan88Iroc

I have written my senators and representative about 3-4 times per week. The only response that I've gotten from any of them was the automatic reply that they have received my message.
Dan88Iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 16:32   #100
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I am a law abiding gun owner. I own what some would consider a scary black rifle, that I use for hunting dangerous feral hogs in Texas. It's much more lethal than an AR-15. It has 20 round magazines. And it will only be used for lawful purposes. I keep it locked up very well when it is not with me at the ranch.

I won't take too much time to describe feral hog hunting in Texas, or what the risks of walking to a blind in complete darkness with feral hog family groups of 20 to 40 roaming in the same fields. Yes, an AR-10 with 20 round magazines are a good thing to have around when doing that.

I am heartbroken by the events in CT. I am a father, and I can only barely imagine the misery this nutjob has caused. But if you want to stop this kind of thing in the future, trying to control guns is not the answer. Gun control is obviously much more about control, than it is about guns.

Control access to helpless victims. That means eliminating the false security of imaginary gun free zones. Most of the recent massacres have happened in areas where guns were not allowed, even Ft. Hood. What madman decided that our own Soldiers that had concealed Handgun Licenses should not have had their firearm on them when Hasan showed his true colors.

The correct response to crazy people with guns, is sane and responsible with guns, and a sincere effort to provide physical security that denies access to victims.

Our children deserve to be protected. Taking effective weapons from law abiding citizens that have no desire to hurt any innocent being is not the way to do that.

Keep sending those letters guys.

The Okie Corral