Old 01-12-2013, 14:47   #41
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
I'm sure.

I'll try this approach -

Cops see elk acting strangely.

Officer decides to put elk down, because an 800+ animal acting erratically is definitely a public safety concern. (I retrieved a deer put down in a similar fashion recently).

Elk is shot by officer (doesn't make a damn bit of difference WHERE it was shot - take that trespassing and shove it)

Now, I don't know what the law is on notifying DNR or whatever the state agency is called in CO. I "do" know, from picking up dead deer for the last 5-6 years, two things:

1 - Conservation officers are usually busy, if they even answer the phone. I call one regularly to "check" in the roadkill I pick up. I usually leave a voice mail, and if he has questions, he'll call me back. So, even if DNR is required to be notified, who's to say they answered the ****ing phone?! Should the officers just allow a problem elk to continue running around?

As far as the cop who came to get it? I'm on a list with certain folks to pick up deer, including a number of beat officers and a conservation officer. You'd rather the large beastie lie dead and rotting in someone's yard? That's just stupid - and a waste of meat.

2 - Police are most certainly allowed to put down deer that have been inured, are acting in a manner that is dangerous, etc. The last deer I picked up, I posted here about. It was in "da hood", and trying to bust in windows, kick people, and generally make a nuisance of itself. Thankfully, it was a doe that weighed about 100 pounds before field dressing. I don't wanna think about what would've happened if it had been a pissed off bull elk weighing in at 8X that amount, or more, with a rather large set of antlers. Perhaps you're OK with a bull elk rampaging thru your area, and totaling your car. If so, hopefully, the next one can be directed to your house.

4 - Elk are food. Either to people or to wolves/coyotes/whatever. Not people. Candlelight vigils for food are stupid, and only stupid people attend them.

Given that the residents of Boulder are described by most who know as flaming liberal idiots, and actually held a candlelight vigil for food....I'm gonna guess that nothing untoward actually happened, and that the chief launched an investigation to appease the public, as admin pukes are wont to do.

Felony, my ass.

Lastly, if police/law enforcement officers are no different than ordinary folks - STOP SAYING WE SHOULD BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD!!!!!

We either ARE the same, in which case the same penalties and privileges apply - or, we are different somehow. But, I'll be ****ed if some morons out there think they can have it both ways. If I'm going to be held to a higher ****ing standard, I damn well get to do things that normal folks don't. It don't go both ways.

We are different you know that.

I have issues with no report being done if it was agency policy

We have a situation where a lazy cop, not admin pricks caused the problem.

Now no matter how right he was if he did not follow policy people will point fingers and cry fowl.. Because a guy was too lazy to do the job correctly.
Old 01-12-2013, 15:06   #42
countrygun

For whtever reason it was done, the way it was handled, overall, just shows plain, old, piss-poor judgement.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 15:34   #43
FLglockdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I think your screen name has gone to your head, your highness.

I am glad you have never made a bad decision in your life. don't forget to flush your throne when you are finished posting.

Seriously, I don't care about your opinion, you just misrepresented the facts is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Let me sum up for you.

The Elk is in a residential neighborhood. THE CITY.
The officer shot it in the front yard of a house.
The home owner call the cops on the cop saying shots fired in my front yard, killing a neighborhood Elk.
Another officer pulled up and drug the Elk across the sidewalk into a truck.
The animal was not tagged.
The reports were not made to the official orgs if it was a legitimate animal hit by car or having an issue.

The cop should be fired.
The cop should be charged with discharging a firearm inside the city limits.
The cop should be charged with poaching.
The cops should be charged with trespassing. (If he was doing his job he can walk anywhere, but trespassing seem correct being that he was committing a felony.)
The vehicle should be confiscated.

This should all get pleaded out so it doesn't go to court.
10K fine.
Vehicle belongs to the state.
Felony on the record because this jackass is too stupid to own a gun.
And several years of probation and community service explaining why he is a moron.

BTW, Remember this moron when an officer tries to set himself/herself above everyone else. The police are people too. For every great guy that is a police officer there is also a moron who made it through all the selection process and will make the profession look bad. And for every dirtbag that you bust there is a nice law abiding citizen who you will never see in the back of your squad car.

You have an injured 800+lb wild ****ing animal running around a city neighborhood and you want to charge the cop with several felonies for humanely putting it down? Seriously? Is your head up your ass for the warmth?

Lets just have this going on in the neighborhood because some liberal jerk off decided to call the 800+lb dangerous wild animal a pet named Elmo.

FLglockdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 15:48   #44
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Let me sum up for you.

The Elk is in a residential neighborhood. THE CITY.
The officer shot it in the front yard of a house.
The home owner call the cops on the cop saying shots fired in my front yard, killing a neighborhood Elk.
Another officer pulled up and drug the Elk across the sidewalk into a truck.
The animal was not tagged.
The reports were not made to the official orgs if it was a legitimate animal hit by car or having an issue.

The cop should be fired.
The cop should be charged with discharging a firearm inside the city limits.
The cop should be charged with poaching.
The cops should be charged with trespassing. (If he was doing his job he can walk anywhere, but trespassing seem correct being that he was committing a felony.)
The vehicle should be confiscated.

This should all get pleaded out so it doesn't go to court.
10K fine.
Vehicle belongs to the state.
Felony on the record because this jackass is too stupid to own a gun.
And several years of probation and community service explaining why he is a moron.

BTW, Remember this moron when an officer tries to set himself/herself above everyone else. The police are people too. For every great guy that is a police officer there is also a moron who made it through all the selection process and will make the profession look bad. And for every dirtbag that you bust there is a nice law abiding citizen who you will never see in the back of your squad car.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you'd been arrested before...

No elk steaks for you.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 01-12-2013 at 15:53..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 15:52   #45
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLglockdude View Post
You have an injured 800+lb wild ****ing animal running around a city neighborhood and you want to charge the cop with several felonies for humanely putting it down? Seriously? Is your head up your ass for the warmth?
You have a reading comprehension problem or have you not read the article and done additional searches.

Here lets make it easy for you.

Quote:
If he had called it in, that would be the end of it, but he didn't.

(If it turns out the media has not reported him calling it in, then that is a different story.)

As far as saying someone should be held to a higher standard, I don't. I say the privileges should be the same because people are people.
Old 01-12-2013, 15:54   #46
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
I'm sure.

I'll try this approach -

Cops see elk acting strangely.

Officer decides to put elk down, because an 800+ animal acting erratically is definitely a public safety concern. (I retrieved a deer put down in a similar fashion recently).

Elk is shot by officer (doesn't make a damn bit of difference WHERE it was shot - take that trespassing and shove it)

Now, I don't know what the law is on notifying DNR or whatever the state agency is called in CO. I "do" know, from picking up dead deer for the last 5-6 years, two things:

1 - Conservation officers are usually busy, if they even answer the phone. I call one regularly to "check" in the roadkill I pick up. I usually leave a voice mail, and if he has questions, he'll call me back. So, even if DNR is required to be notified, who's to say they answered the ****ing phone?! Should the officers just allow a problem elk to continue running around?

As far as the cop who came to get it? I'm on a list with certain folks to pick up deer, including a number of beat officers and a conservation officer. You'd rather the large beastie lie dead and rotting in someone's yard? That's just stupid - and a waste of meat.

2 - Police are most certainly allowed to put down deer that have been inured, are acting in a manner that is dangerous, etc. The last deer I picked up, I posted here about. It was in "da hood", and trying to bust in windows, kick people, and generally make a nuisance of itself. Thankfully, it was a doe that weighed about 100 pounds before field dressing. I don't wanna think about what would've happened if it had been a pissed off bull elk weighing in at 8X that amount, or more, with a rather large set of antlers. Perhaps you're OK with a bull elk rampaging thru your area, and totaling your car. If so, hopefully, the next one can be directed to your house.

4 - Elk are food. Either to people or to wolves/coyotes/whatever. Not people. Candlelight vigils for food are stupid, and only stupid people attend them.

Given that the residents of Boulder are described by most who know as flaming liberal idiots, and actually held a candlelight vigil for food....I'm gonna guess that nothing untoward actually happened, and that the chief launched an investigation to appease the public, as admin pukes are wont to do.

Felony, my ass.

Lastly, if police/law enforcement officers are no different than ordinary folks - STOP SAYING WE SHOULD BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD!!!!!

We either ARE the same, in which case the same penalties and privileges apply - or, we are different somehow. But, I'll be ****ed if some morons out there think they can have it both ways. If I'm going to be held to a higher ****ing standard, I damn well get to do things that normal folks don't. It don't go both ways.

YOU, however get all the elk steaks you want.

Randy
Old 01-12-2013, 16:26   #47
FLglockdude

Quote:
You have a reading comprehension problem or have you not read the article and done additional searches.

Here lets make it easy for you.
So because the officer poorly handled it with his department, the animal was no longer dangerous and he should be fired and charged with several felonies? Alright, glad we're on the same page.
FLglockdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 16:43   #48
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
So because the officer poorly handled it with his department, the animal was no longer dangerous and he should be fired and charged with several felonies? Alright, glad we're on the same page.
Let argue it out.

1. Lets assume the animal was in distress and needed to be put down. If an average citizen had seen this animal and shot it and didn't report it to anyone and his friend came and picked it up and drove away with it, what would he be charged with?

2. Lets assume the animal was NOT in distress and DIDN'T need to be put down. If an average citizen had seen this animal and shot it and didn't report it to anyone and his friend came and picked it up and drove away with it, what would he be charged with?

Last edited by RWBlue; 01-12-2013 at 16:56.. Reason: Altered for easier logic.
RWBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 16:47   #49
countrygun

Quote:
The real issue is whether or not he was wearing his hat.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 16:48   #50
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
I thought it was if he had an appointment.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 16:59   #51
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
I can see a felony failure to file paperwork charge if he wasn't wearing the proper hat at the time.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 01-12-2013 at 16:59..
Old 01-12-2013, 17:04   #52
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
No surprise here, generations have been taught that humans are just another animal. There is nothing special about them. in fact they are WORSE than most other animals.

Promoting self loathing is a specialty of the far left.
That may be what they are taught in school, but the Bible says that God gave man domain over all animals.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 17:46   #53
wolf19r
Problem Solved!

Send a message via AIM to wolf19r
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Think about how stupid the average person is. Now consider that half of the people are stupider than that.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
This!
Old 01-12-2013, 17:58   #54
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Let argue it out.

1. Lets assume the animal was in distress and needed to be put down. If an average citizen had seen this animal and shot it and didn't report it to anyone and his friend came and picked it up and drove away with it, what would he be charged with?

2. Lets assume the animal was NOT in distress and DIDN'T need to be put down. If an average citizen had seen this animal and shot it and didn't report it to anyone and his friend came and picked it up and drove away with it, what would he be charged with?
Let me know when the average person is responsible for the safety of the public, and takes an oath to that effect.

Examples -

When does an average citizen respond to a bank robbery?
When does an average citizen take an accident report?
When does an average citizen respond to an active shooter?
When does an average citizen pull over, and arrest, a DUI?

Further, and I've said it before -

You are taking a MEDIA report at face value. The same media that NEVER gets a gun story right, yet because it fits your prejudice, you assume its true. And no, I don't buy the chief's statement, either. Seen firsthand what a chief will say, in order to keep his job. Search for my comments in here concerning McZenzie Mattingly.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 18:08   #55
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronduke View Post
"I don't see a whole lot of difference between the shooting of this defenseless elk and the shooting of school children in Connecticut," one vigil attendee said. A candlelight vigil on mourned an elk that was shot and killed by a police officer.
About 75 people attended the ceremony and they sang songs including "Amazing Grace" and "We Shall Overcome" in honor of the elk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...olice-officer/

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...dlelight-vigil
What an ignorant statement. If you really believe this, then you shouldn't have any children.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 18:41   #56
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Let me know when the average person is responsible for the safety of the public, and takes an oath to that effect.
They are just as responsible for their own safety as you are for yours.

The police are not legally required to protect and defend.

You have the option of quitting any time you want so you are not personally required to protect and defend.

This means your responsibility is the same as everyone elses.

Last edited by RWBlue; 01-12-2013 at 18:43..
Old 01-12-2013, 18:58   #57
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
They are just as responsible for their own safety as you are for yours.

The police are not legally required to protect and defend.

You have the option of quitting any time you want so you are not personally required to protect and defend.

This means your responsibility is the same as everyone elses.
Are you really that farking clueless? Do you really believe the drivel coming out of your mouth, or is it just to justify your cop-hating?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 19:15   #58
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Are you really that farking clueless? Do you really believe the drivel coming out of your mouth, or is it just to justify your cop-hating?
You will find this interesting. I am not a cop hater. I work with them.

And you are defending a person who poached an Elk.

Answer the questions:

This is not about
bank robbery?
accident report?
active shooter?
pull over, and arrest, a DUI?

This is about shooting an animal inside the city limits.

Last edited by RWBlue; 01-12-2013 at 19:35..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10   #59
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
You will find this interesting. I am not a cop hater. I work with them.

And you are defending a person who poached an Elk.

Answer the questions:

This is not about
bank robbery?
accident report?
active shooter?
pull over, and arrest, a DUI?

This is about shooting an animal inside the city limits.
So, I take it there is no hunting at all in city limits? Not even with archery.

Sent from my communicator.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34   #60
GWG19

Is the Elk the same as a child? Of course not.
I had Elk sausage for breakfast. New Mexico kind.

If the cop shot the injured Elk to be humane then that is one thing.

How ever if the Cop shot the Elk with out reason. Meaning he shot that 270+ class elk because it was the biggest Elk he had seen, then he needs to be prosecuted. Pay his fines and loose his job.
Posing with the Elk was stupid.
Allegedly having the carcass processed was also stupid if it was for personal consumption. Having it processed and donated to the local homeless shelter is another story.

His cop buddy who allegedly helped him should also be fined if he helped him commite an illegal act. Re. The disposal of a poached elk.
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote