GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:41   #201
method

At least this thread gave a few the chance to mention their impressive heights and weights, which is always funny, and talk about how much they intimidate the pansies they're surrounded by. The mean mugs and epic beards in the avatars remind the rest of us constantly of just how hard and alpha and hetero y'all really are. Rest assured, we're all sufficiently scared. I'm sure you're all much more personable in real life. Or not.

"I had a very difficult time keeping my cool"..... I have a feeling there's something to be gleaned from this statement.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43   #202
Tkz

It is a messed up world we live in now days. I have never been in the military, but I was raised by a Marine, Korean War Vet who taught me to be confidant, go after what you want in life, and show respect. I have been successful in life and so have my children who I have tried to teach the same values. Too many pansy asses out there now days. You wonder why these kids nowadays are so messed up. Sounds like the op has good traits, not negative and I do not think that I would take classes for anything that I wasn't interested in.
Tkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10   #203
GlockSpets

same here

interesting read btw

Last edited by GlockSpets; 01-13-2013 at 07:10..
GlockSpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:55   #204
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

A gentleman strives to make those around him comfortable.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03   #205
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Sometimes a few words can say much more than a lot of words.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05   #206
Drjones

Send a message via AIM to Drjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Call HR and complain that you've been harassed. You're protected under the Veterans status, so get it on record now about your fellow employees discriminating against you. Two can play at that game.

Yep, this times a million. Lawyer up fast and hard. Sue them for anything and everything you can.

This is out and out discrimination, plain and simple. They want to spout on about diversity and all that garbage, they can put their money where their filthy communist mouths are.

Sue for harrassment, discrimination, whatever you can.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18   #207
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo

Your experience is the same as mine.

I learned, over the years, to listen more and talk less. Smile a lot and force myself to do so no matter what. (note that military culture forbids smiling in formal situations, especially when first meeting someone -- that doesn't work well in civilian life) I treated several people in my organization with a cushion of space. There were many folks who I'd smile at from a distance and not speak to unless they initiated conversation. There were several women in my organization that I would not share an elevator car with under any circumstance -- if they got into a car I was already in, I would exit at the floor where they entered and wait for another car. I never looked at anybody, any time, ever, anywhere but directly in their eyes (while smiling). I never, ever touched anybody or entered their personal space for any reason. I got good at making myself smaller and shorter, and leaning forward. I got good at projecting open body language at all times. I never, ever walked up behind somebody or stood behind them while they worked without asking their permission to do so.

I learned that a lot of women don't like men. I came to understand that several of them had very good reasons for their feelings. (I'm not saying that justified their behavior toward me, just that they were seriously damaged by life's events).

You're right. It all had nothing to do with me. But, neither could my actions or feelings change their preconceptions.

Now that I'm retired I find I spend lots of time alone. All that petty politics really wore me out and took a physical toll on my health.

In the end, I realized I did the work for free and they were paying me to put up with all that drama and social pressure. Of course, the day came when I couldn't do it anymore. Loved my work -- hated my job.

P.S. All my experiences with HR convinced me that women are always right and men never are. HR will never side with a man if a woman is the other principle.

Last edited by Three-Five-Seven; 01-13-2013 at 11:30..
Three-Five-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:32   #208
jkglock32

Thank you for your service and don't let this go unanswered, fight back and KEEP that head up as you have.
If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, then please vote for somebody else in 2012to prove you're not an idiot. Thank you... Concerned citizens of America.:50cal:
jkglock32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 13:19   #209
DragonRider

When I started at a new job, teaching, about 2 weeks after I had been there the Owner of the school (private) asked if I was happy I was like yes, very much so. Love working with the kids and all that.

He then said we have had people wondering since you dont smile in the hallways.(I had to walk pass admin row from one classroom tot he other.) Didnt smile, due to the fact I was thinking of what I'm getting ready to talk about/demonstrate, and the hallway is empty, no reason to smile.

The people who had gotten to know me were like WTF when I told them a few months later.

They got over it and eventually knew me better.
Top Gun #6121 Sub Club #121 .40 Club #6121 Kahr Club #121
DragonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 14:02   #210
purrrfect 10

Sounds like your to sexy for your shorts
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...
purrrfect 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 14:28   #211
Desert Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Sometimes a few words can say much more than a lot of words.
Exactly. That is a gift I need to develop.
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 14:30   #212
Desert Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
^ ^ ^ This is the best response! And the winner is... ^ ^ ^
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 14:34   #213
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Old 01-13-2013, 15:10   #214
Gino

As a teacher, I've noticed that I have been getting discriminated against lately. The teaching profession has turned decidedly anti-male in the past few years...

I might honestly be run out of teaching by these anti-male sentiments.

It has been my experience that men are much more tolerant to females, than females are tolerant to males.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 15:32   #215
Fallout54

I know someone who lost his job because he required a subordinate to do her job properly and reflected so in performance reports.

She filed work place harassment and hostile work environment charges to HR and he lost his job. Her incompetent butt still has hers.

Its a backwards world.
Fallout54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 15:36   #216
UtahIrishman
BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by method View Post
At least this thread gave a few the chance to mention their impressive heights and weights, which is always funny, and talk about how much they intimidate the pansies they're surrounded by. The mean mugs and epic beards in the avatars remind the rest of us constantly of just how hard and alpha and hetero y'all really are. Rest assured, we're all sufficiently scared. I'm sure you're all much more personable in real life. Or not.

"I had a very difficult time keeping my cool"..... I have a feeling there's something to be gleaned from this statement.
I'm neither tall nor heavy...in fact I'm quite average in both departments...yet I've had this happen to me. In my particular situation at least, the woman in question was about as notorious as can be about this kind of thing. One doesn't have to be a hard-core masculine macho nail-chewing dude for a bat-crazy woman to go off on you.

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 15:48   #217
brownsbacker

I'm guessin your boss was the one picked on in school and this is his way of showin whose the boss now.
brownsbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 21:56   #218
dksck

Please, please, please -- as others have said, make an appointment with HR immediately and contact a lawyer. In fact, you may want to take your lawyer to the meeting with HR. I had a very similar problem. I was hired by the Cincinnati Public Library in 2006 and almost immediately began to hear that some members of the administration were having "trouble" with me. For the next six years they employed a system they label "HIRT" for humiliate, insult, ridicule and threaten, to get rid of me. When it turned to physical violence, I couldn't take it any more and resigned. DON'T ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!

And, please, keep us posted. We're with you!!
dksck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56   #219
Dakotaota

This is an awesome thread...Im still in the military. And being a giant who loves powerlifting has always been an advantage. I love the fact that I get a lot more productivity out of my troops because in the back of their heads they know I dont like to be jacked with....lol.

The more I read some of this stuff I am quickly coming to the realization that after 15 deployments and 20 yrs of service, my transistion back to a "normal" life might be a little harder than expected!

The reality is, some of us will not and can not change who we are. So in my opinion, society will just have to learn how to deal with me.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19   #220
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

9 pages and no one has posted this?

certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21   #221
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotaota View Post

The more I read some of this stuff I am quickly coming to the realization that after 15 deployments and 20 yrs of service, my transistion back to a "normal" life might be a little harder than expected!

Military service is a great place to develop strong leadership skills. Unfortunately, that doesn't translate into an easy going civilian workplace style. After my ets, I was THAT GUY.
It took me going to an interview-interrogation class to realize my body language was overbearing to people, not to mention I was overly confident-arrogant.
It took me 13 years out of the military to quit wearing a high and tight.

Put some thought into softening your leadership skills BEFORE leaving the military.

Thanks for your service.

Last edited by GRIMLET; 01-14-2013 at 07:23..
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25   #222
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Post 49 page 3

Dang, Funds. KEEP UP!!

Hahahaahahaajajajjaj
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:28   #223
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Post 49 page 3

Dang, Funds. KEEP UP!!

Hahahaahahaajajajjaj
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25   #224
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Lot of good dope here, thanks peeps. Also a lot of funny stuff too. I have been out sick the last few days so I am just now returning to work. Damn flu got me. Anyhow... I'll peruse through the replies again, I saw a couple that were pretty insightful so I will read them first.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27   #225
Tom D

Would be interested in some of the dialog in the "class"

Are you the only "offender".

Is this like a group of co-workers focusing on who they feel are individual company "$uck-up@" because they can't face their own lack of self esteem and failures.

Don't fold or compromise your self respect. Be sure they're those in the company who respect your "presence" and contribution to the success of the company.

Your boss is typical of todays style of kiss me management. Look where our country is at. A bunch of problem solving idiots

Keep us posted

Last edited by Tom D; 01-14-2013 at 14:49..
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote