Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-02-2013, 15:38   #1
TheEggman
( Classified )

Wounded Warrior Project Turns Against Gun Owners

Good afternoon -
While we appreciate your interest in Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) you are correct that we decline the media opportunity.

Please note the following notice that appears on our website which also applies to WWP public awareness policy and inquiries from media outlets:
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org...rtunities.aspx

WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol or firearms companies.

Thank you for your inquiry.
LESLIE A. COLEMAN
public relations director
O: 904.405.1433
M: 904.654.8138
F: 904.296.7347

Wounded Warrior Project
4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300
Jacksonville, Florida 32256

====================
Thanks for confirming that, Leslie. It was a simple opportunity to promote the WWP on a national program in an effort to send donations your way.
I'll pass along the info that you don't want or need the help of America's gun owners.
Best regards,
Tom Gresham
=====================
Good morning --
This policy is not a judgment on those who own and use firearms – clearly every member of our armed forces has been trained in the use of firearms and then called on to use them in the course of their service to this country.
Our position regarding firearms and alcohol is in response to the struggles that many injured service members face with substance abuse and suicide and the roles those items often play in those issues.
Thank you.
LESLIE A. COLEMAN
public relations director

Read the FULL E-Mail Exchange Here

"Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."
TheEggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 15:44   #2
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Old news

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 06-02-2013, 15:55   #3
waawaaweenie

isn't this from last year or so?
waawaaweenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 16:36   #4
TheEggman
( Classified )

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Old news

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Sorry - It Was New to Me!

Best
Egg

"Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."
Old 06-02-2013, 17:00   #5
dougader

New to me, too, since I donated 200 pieces of new 44 Special Starline brass to a Wounded Warrior just last year. Others chipped in cash and got him a special 45 1911 pistol, among other items.

I was going to send a 5 pound keg of AA#5 as well, but found I couldn't ship it lawfully.

I can only figure that the group I was working with was not the brain dead idiots at WWP.

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:32   #6
amazon

just anther group blaming the tool. Morons. Heard this a year or so ago and chose not to support them. There are many other org's out there, even on the local level, who aren't so picky.
Old 06-02-2013, 17:41   #7
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

They choose to reject my support.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:48   #8
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

They're not all bad. I'm going to a WWP sponsored shooting match on Jun 8.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 20:30   #9
Boot Stomper

The statement read as if it was written by a lawyer. I understand their position some what. Look at what is happening to the Boy Scouts for having values open for all to judge.
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05   #10
TheEggman
( Classified )

You did good - Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougader View Post
New to me, too, since I donated 200 pieces of new 44 Special Starline brass to a Wounded Warrior just last year. Others chipped in cash and got him a special 45 1911 pistol, among other items.

I was going to send a 5 pound keg of AA#5 as well, but found I couldn't ship it lawfully.

I can only figure that the group I was working with was not the brain dead idiots at WWP.
Whenever possible, I try to give directly to the people who need it.

We ALL know a wounded vet, and many know severely disabled heroes.

If everyone who does makes a personal gift, whether it's money, merchandise or even labor, directly to those who need it, cutting out the middle-man, the results, and reward are amazing.

Organize a group to paint someone's house, wash their car, provide transportation or just take them out for an experience, the results for both the receiver and the giver are amazing.

Every Christmas we get a group together and buy blankets, sweaters and hot meals. We deliver these directly to homeless shelters and people on the street.

We got a local mechanic to let us print up Ten Coupons for an Oil Change and gave these to Vets who drove handicapped modified vehicles.

I do this for purely selfish reasons. The feeling I get when I see, one-on-one, the gratitude on the faces is worth far more than any time or money invested.

As a bonus, 100% of the donation goes to those who need it.

But I don't have to tell you this, because you obviously know that personal outreach is far more gratifying than merely writing a check.

Thanks to you and your asssociates for the efforts.

Best
Egg

Old 06-03-2013, 21:38   #11
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
They're not all bad. I'm going to a WWP sponsored shooting match on Jun 8.
WWP is SPONSORING the match? Or is the match accepting donations for, or donating a portion of the match fee to, the WWP?

There is a difference.
Old 06-04-2013, 19:08   #12
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

WWP is promoting the match and list it in their weekly email list of things available for alumni to do/get involved in. They provide a registration and confirmation email. They sent additional info upon registration that shows WWP has affiliated with HAVA (Honored American Veterans Afield) and is running a family day/shooting match at Academi, Moyock, NC. They did this last year too.

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-04-2013, 22:47   #13
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
WWP is promoting the match and list it in their weekly email list of things available for alumni to do/get involved in. They provide a registration and confirmation email. They sent additional info upon registration that shows WWP has affiliated with HAVA (Honored American Veterans Afield) and is running a family day/shooting match at Academi, Moyock, NC. They did this last year too.
I went to the WWP website and did a search - didn't find it.

Went to the HAVA website, didn't see association with WWP.

Went to Academi website, didn't see association with WWP.

Granted, I didn't register. I'd like to think that the WWP would associate themselves with shooting sports - but is is not readily apparent that they are.

I had a fund raiser for WWP at our last regional IDPA match. I personally matched all the the donated funds at 100%; and WWP gladly accepted our money - but they were not directly associated with the event.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33   #14
Kichigai
気違い Was Mr30s

hmmmm not sure how i feel about this. I have been seeing a lot about this group lately and was thinking it was a great cause. Maybe a great cause with the wrong people running it....its like america
Kichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:37   #15
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Here's the flyer WWP sent me upon registering with them (WWP):

Read the Chairman's letter on the Hava site. They intentionally "fly low" and do not advertize openly about what they do. They simply want to support vets.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HAVA 2nd Annual Family Day-East.pdf (944.8 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Jeff82; 06-05-2013 at 11:47..
Old 06-05-2013, 11:50   #16
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

WWP does a great job and many vets really appreciate what they do. For a lot of them WWP are the only ones at the military hospitals that greet them upon arrival and give them a ditty bag full of useful stuff. WWP's not taking of gun folks/companies donations is a black eye but the rest of the body is doing outstanding work with and for veterans.

Old 06-15-2013, 15:08   #17
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

A little write-up on the match:
http://www.armyparatrooper.org/dropz...169#post452169