Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2013, 19:59   #21
Kilrain
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
China can indeed occasionally make some good guns.

If you're fine with sending money to the Chinese Communist party, be my guest.

I'm sure nothing in your house, vehicle or that you've purchased in the last month or so was made, assembled or contains parts from China.

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley

Last edited by Kilrain; 01-09-2013 at 20:00..
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:24   #22
Buffering
The Cooler

I'm sure the gun fires and will do so to meet the needs of a lot of users however I question the long term viability of gun that was designed to be a knockoff, of sorts.

I'm sure the occasional shooter, hunter or plinker will not exceed the capabilities of the gun however a serious student of HD/SD will typically fire off more rounds in practice and training in a month than an occasional shooter does in a year. For that reason I choose an 870.

We've all been into the 99 Cents Only store or something equivalent and as we browse their wares you undoubtedly have said, "Yeah, it's a (blank) alright however I wonder how long it would last if I used it." That's how I feel about these knockoff guns. Same way I feel about Davis, Phoenix or other cheaply manufactured guns.

I'll plink with anything so long as it's safe and in good working order but for long durability, reliability and my peace of mind I'd stay with the 870.
"Of every 100 men that go to battle 70 should not even be there, 20 are nothing but targets, 9 are true soldiers, and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make but ONE, one is a warrior, and HE will bring the others home." Hericlitus
Buffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:59   #23
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Quite a bit of it is, and whenever possible, i still buy American/European.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:12   #24
Jeremy_K

The only complaint I have with my Pardner is that I have to jam the shells into the magazine tube pretty hard to get them in there. I think I could hone the spring/catch mechanism that holds them in the mag tube and it would help. I have a newer 870 Express with 28" VR barrel and I'm not impressed with the quality. The problem with the 870 is I can't unload the mag tube without pumping all of the shells out. The spring/ catch doesn't depress far enough to allow me to unload it.
Jeremy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:23   #25
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post

I'm sure nothing in your house, vehicle or that you've purchased in the last month or so was made, assembled or contains parts from China.
Proud to say, other than wallmart socks, nothing and I mean nothing in my house is from modern day China. I would bet money I don't have () on that.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:27   #26
Kilrain
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Quite a bit of it is, and whenever possible, i still buy American/European.
That's cool, but still, to insinuate that someone is actively supporting Communism for buying this particular shotgun is specious at best.

Also, regarding the "I wouldn't depend on it in a critical incident" folks. I'd reckon' that there are numerous parts in whatever vehicle you drive on a regular basis that are critical to it's safe operation that are, you guessed it, made in China. Lug nuts and wheel studs come to mind as well as the wheels themselves and numerous brake and suspension parts.

Bottom line, if you don't want one, don't buy one but unless you have some verifiable evidence as to it's inferiority, it's all just conjecture.

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Old 01-09-2013, 21:30   #27
Kilrain
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Proud to say, other than wallmart socks, nothing and I mean nothing in my house is from modern day China. I would bet money I don't have () on that.
While I don't believe that you really understand just how much of the things in your house use parts from China, the fact that you have "Chinese" socks apparently, according to some, means you actively support Communism.

Way to go, Comrade!

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Old 01-09-2013, 22:00   #28
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
While I don't believe that you really understand just how much of the things in your house use parts from China, the fact that you have "Chinese" socks apparently, according to some, means you actively support Communism.

Way to go, Comrade!
My house is full of antiques. I buy next to nothing from China. I read the labels of my clothing, appliances, etc.

Nice try.

BTW... my socks are all right footed. DAMN!
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Old 01-09-2013, 22:09   #29
Walter Bishop

The majority of people complaining about Chinese products are doing it using a Chinese made computer or smartphone.
Walter Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 22:12   #30
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Bishop View Post
The majority of people complaining about Chinese products are doing it using a Chinese made computer or smartphone.
Indeed. But, of course, that doesn't count, nor does their TVs Country of origin.

Last edited by countrygun; 01-09-2013 at 22:13..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 22:20   #31
Kilrain
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
My house is full of antiques. I buy next to nothing from China. I read the labels of my clothing, appliances, etc.

Nice try.

BTW... my socks are all right footed. DAMN!
Like the antique device you are using to access the internet to make the above post?

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Old 01-09-2013, 22:23   #32
Kilrain
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Indeed. But, of course, that doesn't count, nor does their TVs Country of origin.
Or their microwave, stove/oven, DVD/Blu Ray player, cable/satellite box, refrigerator, coffee maker, electric can opener, stereo receiver, speakers, thermostat, heating/cooling unit, internet modem/router, cell phone, house phone, water heater, most of the handles/fixtures/hinges in the residence, etc.

The list is probably endless.......but at least they aren't supporting the red scourge!

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley

Last edited by Kilrain; 01-09-2013 at 22:24..
Old 01-09-2013, 22:59   #33
Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Bishop View Post
No way. They are using honest to goodness Apple products, which are designed in Cupertino, and built in....wait....

...ooops, nevermind.
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 00:18   #34
Buffering
The Cooler

While many parts and things come from China, we're not talking about anything than these two guns so let's not expand the net when it's just these sole weapons.

I'd like anyone to tell me of a Chinese manufactured firearm for non-military use that is know for durability, longevity, workmanship or any other marker that a quality gun has. The Chinese don't make anything like that. They are not known for their firearms quality and the Pardner, while capable of functioning just fine, is not in the same league as the 870. SWAT teams, LEO and other people who seriously use them, instead of casual commercial use, aren't using them and it isn't because they are dumb and like squandering tight budget dollars.

Use the Pardner for fun, plinking or HD but if one is a serious student of the subject and diligently trains and practices, the Pardner will find few friends on the range.

China has some stuff figured out but high quality guns isn't one of them.
"Of every 100 men that go to battle 70 should not even be there, 20 are nothing but targets, 9 are true soldiers, and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make but ONE, one is a warrior, and HE will bring the others home." Hericlitus
Old 01-10-2013, 00:44   #35
Kilrain
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffering View Post
While many parts and things come from China, we're not talking about anything than these two guns so let's not expand the net when it's just these sole weapons.
The reason the "other" things came up was because someone pointed out that anyone purchasing one of these shotguns was supporting Communism. The replies to that, regarding pretty much everything else in any home in the US, were appropriate.
Quote:
I'd like anyone to tell me of a Chinese manufactured firearm for non-military use that is know for durability, longevity, workmanship or any other marker that a quality gun has. The Chinese don't make anything like that. They are not known for their firearms quality and the Pardner, while capable of functioning just fine, is not in the same league as the 870. SWAT teams, LEO and other people who seriously use them, instead of casual commercial use, aren't using them and it isn't because they are dumb and like squandering tight budget dollars.
Well, I’d start with the Norinco copies of the 1911 and M14/M1A, when they were available. Milled forgings of quality steel at a time when the “US” equivalent were/are castings.

As for SWAT and LEO, they also don’t generally use Browning BPSs, Browning A5s, Ithaca 37s(new or older production), Mossberg 590A1s(yes, some do, but not most by any means), Winchester shotguns(past or present) of any kind, FN shotguns(past or present) of any kind, Benelli shotguns(again, there are exceptions but not in any real numbers compared to the 870), etc. So what? By your own admission of “squandering tight budget dollars”, the 870 is a compromise, right?
Quote:
Use the Pardner for fun, plinking or HD but if one is a serious student of the subject and diligently trains and practices, the Pardner will find few friends on the range.
Lack of “friends on the range” doesn’t diminish the usefulness or utility of a piece of equipment, please see the partial list of alternative “combat” shotguns listed above.

Once again, short of PROOF that the Pardner won’t function adequately, this is all conjecture.
Quote:
I’d reckon’ that would depend on your definition of “quality.” As it relates to a nice finish or tight tolerances or a myriad of other criteria, you may be right. As it relates to functional fireams, there’d be, literally, millions of AKs that disagree.

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley

Last edited by Kilrain; 01-10-2013 at 00:45..
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30   #36
Durden

Quote:

Yeah, whatever. If I could find a Norinco for sale, I'd buy them all day and night long.

As for the Pardner Pump Defender, your opinion is one of many, and free, but here are some other opinions from LEOs:

H&R 1871 Pardner Pump Protector - PoliceLink
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34   #37
Durden

Well, I spoke too early, as the Pardner Pump Defender looks to be A NORINCO 982 after all (all the better):

Review of Norinco 982T, 870 copy vs Reminton 870 Express HD

How Many Use or Like the Norinco 870 Clone...the IAC HAWK 982

Norinco 982 & Pardner Pump Protector Info Review

Last edited by Durden; 01-10-2013 at 02:35.. Reason: added some threads from forums vouching for the reliability and build quality of the Norinco/Pardner Pump
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16   #38
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Like the antique device you are using to access the internet to make the above post?

Didn't say everything. I don't live in a covered wagon.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25   #39
Buffering
The Cooler

I went to those threads and some people like the gun and others didn't. There weren't legions of fans elevating the gun to better than an 870 status.

Earlier, in this thread, someone posted that there are millions of satisfied Chinese AK owners althoug if you scroll to our own AK forum it will be abundently clear that Norinco AKs are the core bottom of. AKs and the with the SKS. They are universal last choice if someone wants to drop money on an AK.

The Chinese 870 clome is an interesting girl but it isn't a Katherine Webb like an 870.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45   #40
RJHUB

Ive got one older 870(butter smooth) and 2 newer, one HD and one super magnum and they just work.
I thought for the price of these, they were excellent for the money. I would not even consider an off brand gun unless it was my only choice.
In that case, whatever you can get is better that nothing.

What about getting parts? Are they available like the Remingtons?
RJHUB is offline   Reply With Quote