Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 16:51   #126
X-ray 4N6

Quote:
I could see this coming as clear as a buffalo in a bath tub.
Thanks 9jeeps, that me laugh a lot. Never heard that saying before but I intend to borrow it if you don't mind
X-ray 4N6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:55   #127
Bren
NRA Life Member

Why did Piers Morgan pick Alex Jones? Alex Jones is on the show to make Piers Morgan look intelligent and sensible and to make "gun nuts" look like conspiracy-nut psychos who shouldn't be trusted with guns.

Piers won.
Old 01-08-2013, 17:00   #128
scrider

Not just "gun nuts". I think he puts all gun owners in a bad light.

I believe that interview is a huge victory for gun control. Sad.
scrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:07   #129
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Why did Piers Morgan pick Alex Jones? Alex Jones is on the show to make Piers Morgan look intelligent and sensible and to make "gun nuts" look like conspiracy-nut psychos who shouldn't be trusted with guns.

Piers won.
Sadly, this is the case.

I thought Alex started off well and made a few good points, but damn he just kept going and going. That never helps.

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:14   #130
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Top rated comment on the video under CNN's channel:
Quote:
Jones is a fitting representative for the gun-crazy, god-crazy, conspiracy-crazy christian right.

That insanity + guns = tragedies like Sandy Hook.
That pretty much sums up how most people will interpret it.
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:16   #131
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
Top rated comment on the video under CNN's channel:

That pretty much sums up how most people will interpret it.
peachy
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:26   #132
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post

Piers won.
As much as it pains me to say it...Bren gets it.

I would much rather have James Yeager speaking for 'all us' than this Alex nit.
Old 01-08-2013, 17:27   #133
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmotive View Post
As much as it pains me to say it...Bren gets it.

I would much rather have James Yeager speaking for 'all us' than this Alex nit.
and people complained when nugent did it?
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:30   #134
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrider View Post
Not just "gun nuts". I think he puts all gun owners in a bad light.
+1000

I just got home from work and watched the entire 15 minute segment.

We would have been better off had AJ just walked on camera and said, "I like guns" and then chugged a quart of Piers Morgan's urine.
KalashniKEV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:41   #135
I'm gone
at the track

His talk show today was different, entertaining to a point then annoying when he pretended to be several different people, the voices he used was a little over the top to me.
Old 01-08-2013, 18:30   #136
scrider

I'll tell you what - there are a bunch (millions) of Americans who have a few guns in the closet. They don't visit Glock Talk, Smith and Wesson, AR whatever forums but they enjoy plinking once or twice a month, getting out during hunting season and even have their guns for self defense and to protect their property.

In light of recent events, plenty of them probably feel a little twinge that *maybe* there should be some form of gun control. What they want to hear are valid and well-stated reasons for or against from people who represent themselves well so they can make educated decisions. Jones is the last thing people in this group want to be associated with.

If we as a group who are for the 2nd Amendment can't produce a balanced, fact-stating individual who represents him or herself well, we are screwed.

Last edited by scrider; 01-08-2013 at 21:43..
scrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:43   #137
RyanBDawg

I laughed. I promise you the majority of Americans probably have no idea who these two guys are.

Does anyone actually watch the news anymore? Especially CNN

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:49   #138
TJ Superfly

Alex Jones is either on to something or on something. Piers can go tell Brits what to do.
TJ Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:56   #139
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I laughed. I promise you the majority of Americans probably have no idea who these two guys are.

Does anyone actually watch the news anymore? Especially CNN

Morgan has around half a million viewers but I think his act has grown old even for CNN and would guess his days there are numbered. CNN is a network in serious decline but they haven't quite gone full left wing commie like the dolts at MSNBC. That MSNBC has any viewers at all is downright scary.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:57   #140
fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

We would have been better off had AJ just walked on camera and said, "I like guns" and then chugged a quart of Piers Morgan's urine.

That's funny as ****

But, sadly, true. That guy is a lunatic, and does a great disservice to our cause.
fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 19:03   #141
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
Sadly, this is the case.

I thought Alex started off well and made a few good points, but damn he just kept going and going. That never helps.
These shows choose their guests and they choose them to either support their own point, entertain, etc.

If you are asked to talk about guns on an anti0gun show, it isn't because you are witty and knowledgeable - it's because the show thinks you will look like an idiot, thereby supporting their hiosts reputation.

I recall some people I knew talking about standing in line for a punk rocker/skinheads episode of one of the daytime talk shows in the 80's. In the potential audience were members of one of the biggest hardcore bands of the time, a skinhead professional artist who had lectured at universities and such, and numerous adults with jobs...so the staff hand picked kids too young to drive with wildly colored hair and clothes and it came off with the people on the show and in the audience looking stupid. Always the same.
Old 01-08-2013, 19:07   #142
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Piers Morgan just made all gun owners and 2nd Amendment advocates look like raving lunatics that are unhinged and delusional by associating them, US, with Alex Jones and the 911Truthers.

WooHOOO! way to go Alex!

I don't see you out there on national TV fighting the fight for the 2nd Amendment.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 19:11   #143
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
I don't see you out there on national TV fighting the fight for the 2nd Amendment.
I don't see him out there making an ass out of himself and the rest of us either, what's your point?
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30   #144
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
It's funny how there are all these internet commandos that talk about having guns taken from their cold dead hands. How they are going to fight the government and gun confiscation is their line in the sand. And then when Alex says the same thing, they freak out. ...
Set and match.

If anyone thinks typing something on the internet, pro or con about Alex Jones, piers morgan, or gun rights is going to help fright the united nations' push to make Americans slaves in a step by step process, which begins with taking away our guns and gun rights, you are probably the ones denigrating Alex Jones on this thread.

Word to the wise: If you do not have any testicles, or the stomach for what's coming due to the globalists, please do not weaken the chain by sticking around and acting like you have a pair.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-09-2013 at 11:30..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:39   #145
Jay9928
BUBBA ARMY

I remember this one. Big libtard rosie blindsided Tom Selleck. Oh how I hate her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
It will be weeks before the general population discovers that you can't wipe your ass with a laptop.

Last edited by Jay9928; 01-09-2013 at 11:40..
Jay9928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39   #146
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I'd seen Alex Jones of Infowars in print while checking out loopy sites/protests/conspiracy folks. Completely goofy, but I'd only seen print. I had no idea that the raving lunatic purporting to support 2nd amendment preservation was Alex Jones. Fruitcake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post

Piers knew exactly what he was doing have Alex "screaming nutbag" Jones on his show.

Piers has now tied 2nd Amendment supporter in with raving lunatics from the Truther movement. Alex Jones being the head lunatic of that conspiracy crap.

And yet some here think Alex is a great debater? You must be as insane as he is, or just full blown retard.
Old 01-10-2013, 13:12   #147
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Handed it to Piers again

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t1#...tt-on-guns.cnn
Old 01-10-2013, 13:39   #148
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrider View Post
I'll tell you what - there are a bunch (millions) of Americans who have a few guns in the closet. They don't visit Glock Talk, Smith and Wesson, AR whatever forums but they enjoy plinking once or twice a month, getting out during hunting season and even have their guns for self defense and to protect their property.

In light of recent events, plenty of them probably feel a little twinge that *maybe* there should be some form of gun control. What they want to hear are valid and well-stated reasons for or against from people who represent themselves well so they can make educated decisions. Jones is the last thing people in this group want to be associated with.

If we as a group who are for the 2nd Amendment can't produce a balanced, fact-stating individual who represents him or herself well, we are screwed.

Alex Jones has aptly demonstrated that he is NOT the person for the job.

However, it was not hard to see (as many have posted) that this was a setup. An over the top blowhard (AJ) was chosen to spew specific ideas in a specific way, ...whilst a nincompoop blowhard (PM), most uncharacteristically, sat idle and appeared thoughtful and willing to debate this topic in a pleasant and productive manner.

Balderdash!

...lol

Nobility does not come from one's superiority over another, ...true nobility comes from one being significantly superior to one's previous self.
The Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 13:53   #149
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
I am neither. I like people to speak frankly. When I saw La Pierre acting like a stiff with spit in the corner of his mouth I was saddened. I am glad he went off and had facts. It was when he let the discussion go to conspiracy theories that he looked nuts. ...

Yeah, that sucked, ...never good to have one's gun rights debated on national TV, by someone who is foaming at the mouth.

I was reminded of that line from Star Wars "I felt a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out"

Sadly, I could feel "swing voters" on the issues of gun control "suddenly deciding" which way to lean.

Nobility does not come from one's superiority over another, ...true nobility comes from one being significantly superior to one's previous self.
The Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 14:03   #150
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
I thought Pratt did well. Piers was back to his usual self, talking over and cheap shots.

GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote