Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2013, 20:19   #1
Hyksos

Best travel site?

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions about the best/cheapest website to get airline tickets to US destinations. I'll be flying out of South Florida if that makes any difference.

Last edited by Hyksos; 01-12-2013 at 20:19..
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 20:43   #2
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
I'm looking for opinions/suggestions about the best/cheapest website to get airline tickets to US destinations. I'll be flying out of South Florida if that makes any difference.
I normally use Orbitz. I then find flights/times/etc I want. THEN I go to airline website and buy tickets. Normally if you buy form airline site direct it will be similar price (within buck) BUT if there are any issues they seem MUCH more willing to help (THEIR customer) and not some guy who bought 3rd party....
Last trip I got 2 checked bags, stretch seating for $5 more at airline then standard ticket at broker. IIRC they wanted $20 per bag, another $20 for stretch seating.
Not only that but at airport they treated me like big wig. Bought ticket 4 hrs before flight. At airport they looked at my ticket/waved me past everyone to (cubic zerconian member I guess) line (which I was only person) Then told at security to go to far right line. (again walk right to front, TSA folks doing nothing) and thru. Heck they wanted me to board plane early. (I really like to wait till almost ready to go as I don't like being in spam can longer then I need)

What amazes me is I will be on phone to person with hi speed, they look up flights "cheapest today is $450..." I go to local library and get guest pass. $250?? Same site.
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 20:45   #3
I'M Glockamolie

kayak.com

The Okie Corral
Old 01-12-2013, 21:26   #4
2bgop

Kayak.com
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 21:33   #5
N4LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post

What amazes me is I will be on phone to person with hi speed, they look up flights "cheapest today is $450..." I go to local library and get guest pass. $250?? Same site.
Many people think that certain travel sites/airlines track your searches and adjust the prices if it seems you are eager. They recommend that you delete your cookies and try the search one last time before making your purchase.
N4LP is offline   Reply With Quote