HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Police Superintendent: Concealed Carry Could Lead To More Shootings

http://newsinblack.com/news-article/...shootings.html
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45   #2
holesinpaper

Allowing cops to carry also leads to more shootings.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:26   #3
goldenlight

What an effing LIAR that cop is.

In EVERY state where concealed carry was passed... that would be EVERY STATE EXCEPT ILLINOIS, the cops told the SAME LIES.

There weren't more shootings after CC was legalized, ANYWHERE because the background check to get a CC license is so stringent.

Wow, I can't believe that arsehole is getting up there, and saying the same lies as every other chief of police who wants unarmed civilians. Because we KNOW that ONLY cops are trained sufficiently to shoot innocent dogs... I mean, sufficiently trained to carry a firearm.

Somebody needs to hit that liar over the head with the statistics from 49 states about what REALLY happens after CC laws are passed, and keep hitting him until he STFU. Same old tired lies. Fourty-nine states have CC, but if it's passed in ILLINOIS, somehow things will be DIFFERENT.

Yeah, I am really buying that.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34   #4
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

The guy is a political tool. His own police force doesn't agree with him:
"Even McCarthy’s own department does not agree with his stance on the issue. Both the Chicago Police Sergeant's and Lieutenant's Associations have publicly come out in favor of concealed carry with the Lieutenant’s Association going as far as saying it will enhance public safety.
“We recognize the importance and need for citizens in the state of Illinois to be legally allowed to protect themselves with the right to carry a weapon concealed. We feel that it would enhance citizen safety and in the end make our job easier,” read a statement from Robert Weisskopf, president of the Lieutenant’s Association."

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 01-10-2013 at 03:35..
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36   #5
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

I, for one, am quite happy that the courts have mandated that Illinois allow concealed carry (by April 1 or so?). It will make travel through Illinois a lot more pleasant for me.

Edit: they have 180 days from Dec. 11th. You do the math. Looks like around June 10. But could come sooner!

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 01-10-2013 at 03:40..
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member

Heck, people have only said that in every state but Illinois and been wrong before him - maybe this is the time he'll be right.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24   #7
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Once again, irresputible proof the police can, and will lie to you, and not bat an eye about it.

I wonder what other pieces of fecal gems fall from his mouth?
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50   #8
jdw174

Police superintendents/commissioners or whatever they're called in your area are political mouthpieces that will spout whatever drivel their bosses want them to. I doubt you'd find a single department that will stand 100 percent behind them.
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00   #9
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
Police superintendents/commissioners or whatever they're called in your area are political mouthpieces that will spout whatever drivel their bosses want them to. I doubt you'd find a single department that will stand 100 percent behind them.
In Ohio not only did all the Police Superintendents and chiefs spew this same crap, but so did the FOP. In fact at every opportunity to pass any CCW reform laws, police in Ohio march out en masse telling the media of how there will be blood in the streets. This doesn't surprise me one bit. Despite evidence to the contrary in every single other state in the union, they still trot out this same old line of BS
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:06   #10
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
MOST of these folks are not outside appointees, they are cops who worked their way up the ranks. SOME (few) have no LE background or experience.

As with most things, location is a factor. He could easily be the chief of police of any department from Massachusetts to Maryland - which is 10% of the country by state or population.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10   #11
jdw174

OK, I stand corrected...........maybe. I still don't believe that all FOP members were behind those statements, but then again, it is Ohio after all. (Not to impune all LEO's/honest gunowners/residents of that state).
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11   #12
dpadams6

I can assure you from a Leo perspective, that this command ofc. does not know what he is talking about. He has probably been off the streeet so long and is out of touch with reality. There are some in command that move there way up so fast without getting any street experience whatsoever. Or simply, he is just a politician.

Last edited by dpadams6; 01-10-2013 at 06:20..
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14   #13
jdw174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
MOST of these folks are not outside appointees, they are cops who worked their way up the ranks. SOME (few) have no LE background or experience.

As with most things, location is a factor. He could easily be the chief of police of any department from Massachusetts to Maryland - which is 10% of the country by state or population.
Outside appointees, or working their way up through the ranks, most, if not all of them are still APPOINTED by the Governor, City Council, mayor or whatever. Not a good idea to go against the wishes of those that put you in that position. Just the way I see it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30   #14
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Allowing cops to carry also leads to more shootings.
Although not necessarily more hittings...
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44   #15
DARKSHADOW
CLM Number 205
My Work Hobby

Quote:
Police Superintendent: Concealed Carry Could Lead To More Shootings
Well technically this is correct. However they left out the most important part, it should read, 'Police Superintendent: Concealed Carry Could Lead To More Shootings of bad guys'. But somehow "They" consider that a bad thing.
NRA Life Member
Thin to win - G36 Club #44
Florida Glockers - #254
DARKSHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:00   #16
diamondd2

Sounds like a case of the police making it an us againts them thing. I thought us(law abiding citizens) and them(police) were on the same side? I guess the law abiding citizen is in the same class as criminals, felons, etc..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:01   #17
badge315

Sorry, but I have a hard time taking any cop seriously who wears four stars on his shoulder like he's General MacArthur.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11   #18
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
“I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”
That's a dangerous position to take, I'd say, considering
Quote:
“We spend six months in the police academy, six months of field training and ongoing training on a regular basis and the fact is once in a while we’re going to shoot someone with a cellphone; we’re going to shoot somebody with a flashlight and none of that is okay."
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:31   #19
Hyksos

Of course it will lead to more shootings....shootings where law abiding citizens are defending themselves from forcible felonies (or whatever the laws of the state they're in say).
Old 01-10-2013, 07:48   #20
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
Of course it will lead to more shootings....shootings where law abiding citizens are defending themselves from forcible felonies (or whatever the laws of the state they're in say).
Exactly. But we can't have any of that, think about the poor criminals.

Last edited by Fear Night; 01-10-2013 at 07:48..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56   #21
okie
GT Mayor

That dip **** is dumber than a Harbor Freight screw driver
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59   #22
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
I can assure you from a Leo perspective, that this command ofc. does not know what he is talking about. He has probably been off the streeet so long and is out of touch with reality. There are some in command that move there way up so fast without getting any street experience whatsoever. Or simply, he is just a politician.
Or, just as likely, it's a statement he was ordered to make by the mayor or city council. I've seen that exact thing happen more than a few times in my travels and assignments.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03   #23
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

"Concealed Carry Could Lead To More Shootings"

That same line of B.S. was stated many times in the 90's here in Texas, when the CHL law was passed.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05   #24
Steve in PA

As a police officer myself, this bozo is an embarrassment to all law enforcement officers. It's okay for officers to be armed for self-defense, but citizens don't get the same right??
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11   #25
RayB
Retired Member

Every cop with half a wit knows that police officials are routinely political puppets—hell, it's cliché by now!

--Ray

P.S. My comment was intended as a reply to series1811, but it's a zoo here right now...

Last edited by RayB; 01-10-2013 at 08:15.. Reason: Add P.S.
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote