SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-07-2013, 17:53   #1
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Holy Cow! Online Suppliers are a Wasteland!

I just took a little trip thru some online suppliers I generally use -- SGAmmo, Surplus Ammo and Palmetto State Armory. The stock is almost non-existent!

Palmetto seemed to have the most. SG was down to about 6-7 choices in popular calibers. Surplus was the same. Glad I wasn't looking to buy! I was just looking for something for a price-check. 9mm, 45acp, .38/.357 all pretty barren. I think it was Surplus Ammo that had NO .357.

Looks like the self-fulfilling prophecy of scarcity has become a reality. Wow!

Obama doesn’t simply lie. He exists in a truth-free zone.

Last edited by robhic; 01-07-2013 at 17:55..
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:07   #2
Stlbrian

I checked my 2 main suppliers today.

Georgia Arms has a note on their home page that says they are out of stock of ALL inventory.

Freedom Munitions had 9mm, .40, but no .38 at all. Freedom was about 130 per 500 for the others. Pre Newtown they were 122 per, so a slight increase, but nothing insane.

Down side of Freedom Munitions is they are taking 2-4 weeks to ship.........

Planning ahead, I have a surplus, but replenishing it is getting tougher
Old 01-07-2013, 18:19   #3
cowboy1964

Ammunitiontogo is saying shipping delays of 22-24 business days and that's for in stock items! I just ordered more Berry's bullets and they are stating 3-4 week delays.

Unbelievable. I haven't been to the range lately but between the prices and the scarcity, range business has to be way down.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-07-2013 at 18:22..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:50   #4
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Ammunitiontogo is saying shipping delays of 22-24 business days and that's for in stock items! I just ordered more Berry's bullets and they are stating 3-4 week delays.

Unbelievable. I haven't been to the range lately but between the prices and the scarcity, range business has to be way down.
I checked out a large new range on Sunday.
And there was a line out the door waiting to get in.
Ranges have been packed lately around me.

But as for ammo?
Good luck with that - LOL!

Last edited by barth; 01-07-2013 at 18:51..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:59   #5
Trigger Finger

I got the new Cheaper then Dirt catalog and went to check online and do a little ordering and they seemed to be out of about 80 to 90% of everything!!

I think everyone will be back in stock by the end of March, at the latest. Glad I stocked up before the huge Mayan Apocalypse hit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:04   #6
1canvas

I felt kind of bad spending cash last summer stocking premium SD ammo for different calibers I have. I felt guilty cause it wasn't like I had extra money. after the ammo shortages of 08 I didn't want to get caught like that again. as time went by and ammo got available and cheaper I started buying 200-300 at a time. I also made sure I had plenty of mags. I'm sure glad I did now.
Old 01-07-2013, 19:15   #7
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1canvas View Post
I felt kind of bad spending cash last summer stocking premium SD ammo for different calibers I have. I felt guilty cause it wasn't like I had extra money. after the ammo shortages of 08 I didn't want to get caught like that again. as time went by and ammo got available and cheaper I started buying 200-300 at a time. I also made sure I had plenty of mags. I'm sure glad I did now.
I just liked having three mags full of SD ammo and three more for the range.
Just a convenience thingy really.
Particularly for my Glock G27
where I have 20 mags in three calibers and four lengths.

I wonder what my spanking new triple 22 round 40 S&W big sticks
are worth these days?
The 20 mags might be worth more than the gun.
How strange is that?

Last edited by barth; 01-07-2013 at 19:19..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:47   #8
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
I got the new Cheaper then Dirt catalog and went to check online and do a little ordering and they seemed to be out of about 80 to 90% of everything!!

I think everyone will be back in stock by the end of March, at the latest. Glad I stocked up before the huge Mayan Apocalypse hit.
When I saw the Cheaper than Dirtbag catalog in the mail the other day into file 13 it went. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:48   #9
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Sportsman's Guide is out of all the calibers I looked for, but they will let you backorder. With an online coupon, their prices aren't horrible. I recently placed a couple orders with them.

If you don't mind waiting a month or two, SG isn't too bad.
Old 01-07-2013, 23:56   #10
Tiro Fijo

If they are showing no ammo it is because of knuckleheads who are in full blown panic mode for no reason. Backordering only compounds the problem.

The problem right now is NOT politicians, but rather the gunowners who are in full blown hysteria.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 00:28   #11
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhic View Post
Looks like the self-fulfilling prophecy of scarcity has become a reality. Wow!
I will be out of business by the end of the week. To my knowledge I do not have any inventory including guns or ammo coming in the near future.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35   #12
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
I will be out of business by the end of the week. To my knowledge I do not have any inventory including guns or ammo coming in the near future.
Wow, that sucks!!! I hope you are talking "for now" and not out of business as in shutting the doors and turning out the lights?

Good luck to you during this time of sadness.

Obama doesn’t simply lie. He exists in a truth-free zone.
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49   #13
jdw174

9mm is almost non-existent right now, particularly for FMJ rounds. I ordered a case of S&B from TargetSports USA on 12/23. Today it's showing sold out (they're now shipping orders from 12/22), and the home site states they are no longer taking orders for any ammo. Sportsman's Guide is out as well, but at least their site give a projected date of delivery on replenishment ammo, most of which comes at the end of this month or mid-Feb. Freedom has 115gr 9mm in stock in 500-1000 lots, and says that they're having problems getting reloading components at this time. Try finding small pistol primers.....there's none to be had.
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22   #14
SCmasterblaster

People around the nation are thinking that a BHO gun ban is coming. I can't blame them.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42   #15
Cain8768

We have been sold out of 9mm everywhere around here too. The only place I found it was at our Dicks. The only reason I got some was they had just opened the box to restock. I picked up an extra 400 rounds of PMC FMJ.

Last edited by Cain8768; 01-08-2013 at 12:43..
Cain8768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49   #16
SCmasterblaster

THIS is what we get for electing a liberal democrat as POTUS and dems in the Senate.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 01-08-2013 at 12:58..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:32   #17
number1gun

I really do not see any short term fix. Since even some of the largest ammunition manufacturers only actually manufacture a few different loads at one time. I do not see any real catch up date. Just like Pmag shifting to only supplying one kind of mag. IMO we are looking at a 2 year time span and that may be too short. Between horders and people that got caught short and all the people that bought guns and decided to worry about ammo later. I see no end in sight. What happens if the magazine capacity Ban goes through. The magazine companies will not be able to keep up making 10rd mags. I hedged and already got 10 rounders. Human nature will take its course. I think the bulk of thinking will be..I am going to get mine as soon as I can and then maybe a couple more.
number1gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:34   #18
number1gun

Oh yeah I forgot. And the panic that these morons in Washington have another 4 years to go. 3000rds may not be enough to weather the storm.
number1gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 20:11   #19
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

With ammo being made in every corner of the earth it seems (have u ever done a search on some of these brand names?) I gotta believe they are paying their local folks pennies per day to work around the clock and press out ammo. I've always stuck with USA made ammo but it think I'm gonna have to just buy whatever shows up on our shores. Common sense says that ammo is being made and it will eventually get here. When that is- who knows? Unfortunately that doesn't help the folks who support their families by selling ammo once their supply dries up.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 20:26   #20
High Altitude

These are what the ammo shelves in my area look like.

Caliber Corner

Last edited by High Altitude; 01-08-2013 at 20:32..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote