GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 17:41   #26
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,571
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesRevenge View Post
...Robby Parker interview-- how can I explain or understand his jovial smiling attitude right before he psyches himself into sorrow to do the interview. An interview immediately following the death of his daughter Emile? Can it be true that she is really in the pic with B. Hussein Obama post shooting? Did this little girl really die at the hands of Adam Lanza?
How did you react when your child was murdered?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 17:45   #27
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
How did you react when your child was murdered?
do you think that was an honest reaction? smiling and whatnot, then obviously closing his eyes, and preparing himself to appear saddened?

secondly, would you go on national TV to discuss it, not even a week after that child was murdered?
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 17:47   #28
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
I love conspiracy theorists. It gives us a great opportunity to show how dumb they are.

I will address one part of the video. The claim that the car used by Lanza was moved. The video claimed the NO PARKING marking on the floor "moved behind the car" or that the car was moved. Obviously a stupid claim that anyone that checks the real facts can disprove.

Watch 8:46 to about 10:00 about the "moving car". Then look at this image:

The Okie Corral

Those people are idiots at best and cause trouble.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 17:53   #29
.45Super-Man
Senior Member
 
.45Super-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Smallville
Posts: 4,836
What if this is just operation Gladio?
__________________
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"- Thomas Jefferson
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:00   #30
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
I love conspiracy theorists. It gives us a great opportunity to show how dumb they are.

I will address one part of the video. The claim that the car used by Lanza was moved. The video claimed the NO PARKING marking on the floor "moved behind the car" or that the car was moved. Obviously a stupid claim that anyone that checks the real facts can disprove.

Watch 8:46 to about 10:00 about the "moving car". Then look at this image:

The Okie Corral

Those people are idiots at best and cause trouble.
valid point. i wondered why the hell that mattered anyways.


although, that was least concerning point they were trying to make in that video.


why was the car registered to some random chi-mo? did he loan the car to the kid?
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:07   #31
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,571
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
do you think that was an honest reaction? smiling and whatnot, then obviously closing his eyes, and preparing himself to appear saddened?

secondly, would you go on national TV to discuss it, not even a week after that child was murdered?
What is your experience dealing with/interacting with people who have experienced such a loss?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:13   #32
NEVRL8T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 153

NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:17   #33
EdTracker
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
EdTracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,013
"What if this is just operation Gladio?"

Maybe in another 20 years someone will file a FOI request to find out, that will be denied by any number of governmental acronyms.
__________________
Friend of Okie.
Honored thru Membership! Be at Peace.

GTDS

"Don't retreat, just reload"
Sarah Palin
EdTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:19   #34
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,571
Blog Entries: 1


What does a NATO program overseas have to do with a civilian Police department?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:19   #35
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
do you think that was an honest reaction? smiling and whatnot, then obviously closing his eyes, and preparing himself to appear saddened?

secondly, would you go on national TV to discuss it, not even a week after that child was murdered?
As someone who has lost a child, his behavior didn't raise a red flag. In that situation (just to give the Cliff's Notes) it is non-stop 24hr a day well of pain, but, if you can, for a moment, find a pleasant memory or thought to hang onto to dull the pain, you hang on to them like a drowning man holding a rope. Then it crashes in as you have to come back to reality and deal with things.

I saw nothing "out of line" or suspicious from my experience.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:24   #36
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
What is your experience dealing with/interacting with people who have experienced such a loss?
...

if you believe that was genuine, fine. looked fishy to me.

but your point is valid. while i have experienced the death of loved ones in ways that left me angry, confused and hurt, i have not lost a child.

Last edited by Dubble-Tapper; 01-06-2013 at 18:28..
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:25   #37
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,070


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
As someone who has lost a child, his behavior didn't raise a red flag. In that situation (just to give the Cliff's Notes) it is non-stop 24hr a day well of pain, but, if you can, for a moment, find a pleasant memory or thought to hang onto to dull the pain, you hang on to them like a drowning man holding a rope. Then it crashes in as you have to come back to reality and deal with things.

I saw nothing "out of line" or suspicious from my experience.
I've witnessed enough eulogies delivered by spouses, parents and children that brought the house down in a manner that would shame most professional comics. Many of these were about those killed in horrific and shocking ways. My Long Island town was particularly hard hit by TWA 800 and 9/11 and some of those services made my sides hurt from laughing. In the end, a good send-off. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:29   #38
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
As someone who has lost a child, his behavior didn't raise a red flag. ....


I am humbled and saddened. It is a shame that we have to draw on your experience, especially in an event such as this that is, perhaps, made even worse by some paranoid delusions. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:36   #39
EdTracker
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
EdTracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,013
"What does a NATO program overseas have to do with a civilian Police department?"

The program was about clandestine infiltration of critical societal programs.
__________________
Friend of Okie.
Honored thru Membership! Be at Peace.

GTDS

"Don't retreat, just reload"
Sarah Palin
EdTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:48   #40
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
do you think that was an honest reaction? smiling and whatnot, then obviously closing his eyes, and preparing himself to appear saddened?

secondly, would you go on national TV to discuss it, not even a week after that child was murdered?
The fact that the behavior would be considered "Inappropriate is a strong clue to the stress the individual was under. "Inappropriate" behavior is one of the responses to tremendous stress.

It is not at all uncommon and is the source of what is termed "Black humor" in police officers.

it is a coping mechanism.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:51   #41
AA_Khost
Member
 
AA_Khost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Explain what ?
No official report has been released.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
Now,now. Who the hell do you think you are bringing common sense into this thread?
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLOQ2rblU8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBHyE18L3o

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.- Thomas Jefferson
AA_Khost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:53   #42
DevilDocsGlocks
Senior Member
 
DevilDocsGlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 149
The only "Gun Free" zones I like are zones where I can get guns for free....Trying to GPS but it keeps saying " recalculating"
DevilDocsGlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:57   #43
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,819
I think the video provides PROOF.

Proof that there is a tremendous amount of confusion immediately following a tragedy. Proof that different people handle/cope with tragedies in different ways. Proof that the press is more eager with being the first to report, versus the first to accurately report. Proof that witnesses may very well believe their recollection of the events, but sometimes their recollection is not accurate...for a variety of reasons.

So far, that's the only PROOF that I'm seeing.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:59   #44
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 21,985
as for 99% of gters here , we dont know the whole truth ,

what is known is the media ****ed up misinformation
the police - well we know how that went
and all in all nothing reported the first 2 days was accurate


i do know how they handled the parents waiting in front of school was ****ed up

when they were told " if you do not see your children or they did not come out they are dead " thats jacked up /

let the report come out and then jack it lol

Last edited by *ASH*; 01-06-2013 at 19:01..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:05   #45
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Explain what ?
No official report has been released.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
how long do you think it will be before this is made available to the public? this will silence most the people questioning this incident.

i dont believe that this is some false flag/gubmint coverup, but there are many questions left unanswered, and you cant really blame people for wondering. things of this nature seem so illogical and evil to most people, and it is sometimes hard for some to dismiss it as a crazy person acting out of sickness.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:06   #46
beatcop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 1,858
delete

Last edited by beatcop; 01-09-2013 at 14:02..
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:09   #47
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,571
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
how long do you think it will be before this is made available to the public? this will silence most the people questioning this incident.

i dont believe that this is some false flag/gubmint coverup, but there are many questions left unanswered, and you cant really blame people for wondering. things of this nature seem so illogical and evil to most people, and it is sometimes hard for some to dismiss it as a crazy person acting out of sickness.
Nothing will satisfy the majority of people pushing these threads, period.
It'll just be more "proof" of conspiracy/coverup.

Been there/done that, many times before.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:22   #48
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
valid point. i wondered why the hell that mattered anyways.


although, that was least concerning point they were trying to make in that video.


why was the car registered to some random chi-mo? did he loan the car to the kid?
I'm sure you will find out. Maybe a friend of the mother? Loaned her his car? There are million of possibilities and none of them includes a conspiracy.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:23   #49
beatcop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 1,858
delete

Last edited by beatcop; 01-09-2013 at 14:02..
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:29   #50
EdTracker
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
EdTracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,013
One turd infringes on the rights of tens of millions!
__________________
Friend of Okie.
Honored thru Membership! Be at Peace.

GTDS

"Don't retreat, just reload"
Sarah Palin
EdTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:48.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,405
487 Members
918 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42