GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2013, 16:50   #76
Roger1079

My check was $22 lighter this week. Can't wait for the rest of the "change" to roll on in.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:14   #77
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
You are making a lot of assumptions, being (I assume) you don't know who I work for. That being said, I'm trying to understand this, really understand. All i really know is the new policy we have sucks, and they are successfully blaming the new law, as you can see.
The only way that can happen successfully is if YOU let them. If you're happy taking whatever line your employer feeds you without ever questioning or asking that they "show you the math", then that's on you, and you'll continue to buy whatever line you're fed.

If you TRULY want to understand, then ask. Not me, not anyone else here. Ask your boss, your HR rep, or whatever equivalent you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
maybe you don't understand.....

the BOTTOM LINE for ME
No, see, I understand this completely. It's all about what YOU perceive, and you won't allow anything like pesky facts to get in your way.

Quote:
deductible changes do not affect me unless i have to use my insurance for something...what DOES affect me is how much of my net take home pay is reduced by higher insurance and taxes......
And what will happen - I know, because I've dealt with the calls for YEARS - is when you get a hospital bill and have to pay WAY more than you thought, you'll be on here posting threads about how the evil insurance company is screwing you over.

But, hey, whatever helps ya sleep at night.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:04   #78
bocephus549
Bo Knows.......

Send a message via Yahoo to bocephus549
I'm long in the the company that produces KY. We're all getting screwed this year! BOHICA!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 20:09   #79
inthefrey
Moved on...

Well, I got a raise just before the new year - about $80 per paycheck.(80 hrs.)
We just went with a new company for insurance (TriNet).

It looks to be about a wash but I probably am Down $20-40 a paycheck.
inthefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:39   #80
iflyem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
My bi-weekly pay went up about $14 per check. Everyone in the federal gov't got a pay raise, they claim its to keep us on track with the civilian sector, but if civilian pay is going down...hmm
Not Everyone in the Federal Govt. got a pay raise. I think only military did. I know I sure didnt. My 2 week check was $90 less thant a pay period ago!
iflyem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:43   #81
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Take your money and your guns then I guess we will be hauled off to concentration camps
Old 01-05-2013, 21:23   #82
gators096

Send a message via AIM to gators096
Wait until the obamacare kicks in full effect in 14, these idiots who voted for him for the "free" stuff to include health care have no idea that they will have to either buy a plan or be fined. The fine will come when the IRS keeps their refund for not buying a plan. Now I know your thinking if these dims not work how are they getting a refund...they do and dependant upon how many times they have made more of their type (aka kids) just helps them get MO MONEY. SO when they don't get that check cuz they have not bought their health care I think they will riot in the streets.....at least they get to keep their phone http://youtu.be/Ax-2i71bqGw
Old 01-05-2013, 21:54   #83
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
Isn't the only change so far the 2% Soc Sec bump?
Yeah, my pay raise goes to the SS bump rather than my pocket.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 22:11   #84
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators096 View Post
Wait until the obamacare kicks in full effect in 14, these idiots who voted for him for the "free" stuff to include health care
The reform bill has nothing to do with getting anything for free. It says either employers have to provide insurance (at whatever portion they feel the employee should pay) or people have to BUY insurance of their own.

I don't care if you hate the ACA plan, I don't care if you think it's the most abominable thing that's ever come out of Washington. I'm not trying to change your mind and make you embrace the law. But for God's sake, at least try to educate yourselves on what it is you're hating/debating/decrying.
*Note: This last paragraph is not specifically targeted at gators; this is intended for anyone that wants to ***** about the healthcare reform law. Complain all you want, but please KNOW what you're complaining about.
Old 01-06-2013, 00:22   #85
High Altitude

He never said the bill had anything to do with getting free stuff only that the people who where expecting free stuff to include health care are going to be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
The reform bill has nothing to do with getting anything for free. It says either employers have to provide insurance (at whatever portion they feel the employee should pay) or people have to BUY insurance of their own.

I don't care if you hate the ACA plan, I don't care if you think it's the most abominable thing that's ever come out of Washington. I'm not trying to change your mind and make you embrace the law. But for God's sake, at least try to educate yourselves on what it is you're hating/debating/decrying.
*Note: This last paragraph is not specifically targeted at gators; this is intended for anyone that wants to ***** about the healthcare reform law. Complain all you want, but please KNOW what you're complaining about.

Last edited by High Altitude; 01-06-2013 at 00:24..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 00:26   #86
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
He never said the bill had anything to do with getting free stuff only that the people who where expecting free stuff to include health care are going to be surprised.
Yup, I misread that. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Old 01-06-2013, 00:35   #87
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

but the good news is that people who are sucking on the government-tit (a.k.a welfare, food stamps, ssi) will see a nice increase in their income this year.......
Actually the decrease in your net was most likely all the restoration of the SS tax to 6.2% from 4.2.

They had lowered it as economic relief during the recession. Recession still isnt really over, but it was time to move it back.

Its actually a good thing: The SS tax is one thing that everyone has to pay. The bottom 47%, which pay net-zero/nada-nothing, at least paid in SS when they went to their shift at whatever pathetic job they had.

Meanwhile, SS continues to pay out whatever it pays out, and what it doesn't get from withholding gets made up by money from the general fund, essentially taxes on the only people who really pay them, the other 53%. Meaning if the bottom feeders don't pay in something, they're subsidized by the actual taxpayers on their eventual SS benefits.

At least when everyone got pushed back up to 6.2%, the welfare crew that gets money funneled back in ATDC and other frauds like EITC actually have some money contributed and are actually paying something into the system.

Not much of a door prize, I know, but it was really letting the freeloaders even more off the hook.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:37   #88
Jonesee

What I find hillarious about this thread is if anyone had asked all you guys to post your paycheck there would have been a firestorm.
Yet:

Everyone that has posted their reduction has in effect posted their pay. All it takes is the simplest algebra ever...
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 20:05   #89
brisk21

My bi-weekly insurance premium went from $38 to $150. I work for the Michigan Dept. of Corrections. That is just a paycut with a different mask.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 20:49   #90
paynter2
It ain't over

I read this on Al Azeera. They have some pretty good news coverage - unlike most American outlets...

Anyway - I thought it was interesting.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tax-increases/
Old 01-06-2013, 21:45   #91
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
No taxes were raised. A tax reduction expiered.
Oh good grief. Get a ******* dictionary and tell me the definition of the word increase. Asinine... look that one up while you're at it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 21:51   #92
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
Oh good grief. Get a ******* dictionary and tell me the definition of the word increase. Asinine... look that one up while you're at it.

If you work 20 hours of overtime in every pay period and get used to that for 3, 4, 5 months, when the overtime stops, did you just receive a pay cut?
Old 01-06-2013, 22:50   #93
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER

Quote:
If you work 20 hours of overtime in every pay period and get used to that for 3, 4, 5 months, when the overtime stops, did you just receive a pay cut?
It increased when you started receiving overtime. It decreased once you quit working OT. What's your point?

Old 01-06-2013, 23:11   #94
WarCry

Quote:
It increased when you started receiving overtime. It decreased once you quit working OT. What's your point?

That's where you're wrong. You were taking home more money with overtime, but you did NOT have a pay increase. Therefore, when the overtime ended, you did NOT suffer any pay decrease.

The SSI tax reduction, when it was passed by Congress, was temporary (like the overtime). It has ended and pay went back to normal (Like when the overtime ended).

Show me, if you would please, where all the threads were two years ago with the jumping up and down because "my paycheck went UP by $25 dollars this week! WOOHOO!!!!"

If you take a temporary change as the "new normal", whatever the subject, then you're intentionally deluding yourself.
Old 01-06-2013, 23:19   #95
High Altitude

Taxes went up, it was a tax increase.

Doesn't matter if it was temporary or not.

When it went down, it was a tax decrease.

Doesn't matter if it was temporary or not.
Old 01-06-2013, 23:28   #96
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
Isn't the only change so far the 2% Soc Sec bump?
Until they decide to add more which I'm sure won't be to far off.
Old 01-06-2013, 23:30   #97
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Always more taxes without them making one dam cut.

This crap is getting old.

Old 01-06-2013, 23:32   #98
High Altitude

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tax-increases/
Old 01-07-2013, 07:16   #99
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER

Quote:
That's where you're wrong. You were taking home more money with overtime, but you did NOT have a pay increase. Therefore, when the overtime ended, you did NOT suffer any pay decrease.

The SSI tax reduction, when it was passed by Congress, was temporary (like the overtime). It has ended and pay went back to normal (Like when the overtime ended).

Show me, if you would please, where all the threads were two years ago with the jumping up and down because "my paycheck went UP by $25 dollars this week! WOOHOO!!!!"

If you take a temporary change as the "new normal", whatever the subject, then you're intentionally deluding yourself.
Haha. Do I need to get hand puppets so that you may better understand this topic?

OT means more take home pay... Which means you increased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck. When you quit working OT you take home less pay... Which means you decreased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck.

Understand...?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:20   #100
WarCry

Quote:
Haha. Do I need to get hand puppets so that you may better understand this topic?

OT means more take home pay... Which means you increased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck. When you quit working OT you take home less pay... Which means you decreased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck.

Understand...?
Of course I understand. But do YOU grasp that you would be wrong if you said you got a pay cut?