Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:29   #1
ronduke

Belleville cops booted from Denny's for toting guns

"The Belleville police chief banned his officers from the eatery while on duty after several detectives were told they couldnít carry their guns in the restaurant...."
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/c...f18b38948.html
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27   #2
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Started out surprised.

Found out if was in Illinois, was no longer surprised.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05   #3
merlynusn

At least the Chief is being practical about it.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27   #4
Patchman
Florist

I'm sure for the other 24-hour diners, this is good news.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52   #5
CanIhaveGasCash

Should be titled "Detectives Dine and Dash at Denny's"
CanIhaveGasCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 15:51   #6
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIhaveGasCash View Post
Should be titled "Detectives Dine and Dash at Denny's"
Detectives Dreamy Dining gets Dashed by Dastardly Denny's Deviant.
Old 01-03-2013, 16:21   #7
Clark's 22

What bothers me is that the news articles said officers all had badges visible even though they were in plainclothes. Why would that make someone uncomfortable? Perhaps it was the fact that they were cops that made them uncomfortable.
Old 01-03-2013, 16:53   #8
COLOSHOOTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark's 22 View Post
What bothers me is that the news articles said officers all had badges visible even though they were in plainclothes. Why would that make someone uncomfortable? Perhaps it was the fact that they were cops that made them uncomfortable.
What scares me even more are the comments where all the paranoid tin foil crowd think because the Detectives were not in uniform they shouldn't have had guns. Thanks to the media vilifying guns people are so scared of any gun now that they freak even if someone comes in with a badge on and a holstered gun. After all we all know those crazy hi-capacity assault pistols cops carry might just jump out of their holsters and start shooting on their own.....

-George Orwell-
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 17:10   #9
JackMac

next time they call the police for help.....well....they may have to deal with it on their own....as best they can. Dennys is not a real classy place anyway.
Old 01-03-2013, 17:17   #10
dango

Just Curious ?

Was wondering how much range time or personal practice does the average LEO do ?
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 17:18   #11
bear62

I avoid ALL Dennys ........... primarily because of the food.....
bear62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:32   #12
11A

Dango,

How does your question further the current conversation?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
11A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:41   #13
TMNKWD

It's been resolved. It was a single manager being to narrow minded and not able to think for himself. It's not a corporate Denny's issue.

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/03/bellev...ban-on-dennys/
TMNKWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:57   #14
PBR Sailor

Denny's is not anti-police and they certainly like armed officers to eat at their restaurants. It sounds like the manager has an attitude problem. This is not the first restaurant manager who does not like police and it won't be the last.
Old 01-03-2013, 19:03   #15
CW Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Was wondering how much range time or personal practice does the average LEO do ?
I do enough to mow down 2-4 bystanders per dirty shoot. That's why I always carry several plant guns and dope baggies to make sure I'm covered.

I don't have time to practice with all the SWTOR, football and naps I take, plus having to keep my jackboots shined.

CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:22   #16
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark's 22 View Post
You're right, that's, more than likely, what the problem was. One report showed a woman saying maybe they could have been fake badges. These lib dems can twist things around and bounce them off a wall, but never look at the truth. What a joke.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:31   #17
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I do enough to mow down 2-4 bystanders per dirty shoot. That's why I always carry several plant guns and dope baggies to make sure I'm covered.

I don't have time to practice with all the SWTOR, football and naps I take, plus having to keep my jackboots shined.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:50   #18
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

I love the PD's response.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/02/244528...-releases.html

If only my department would respond in such a manner if a similar incident happened here...

Last edited by Dukeboy01; 01-03-2013 at 19:52..
Dukeboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 22:02   #19
x_out86

Quote:
All sworn (uniformed/non-uniformed) officers have been prohibited from entering Denny's Restaurant at 1130 S. Illinois for any meal or coffee breaks while on duty. Additionally no officers may enter the restaurant off-duty if in uniform. Normal or emergency calls for service by Denny's will continue to receive the appropriate law enforcement response from the Belleville Police Department. Detectives or other non-uniformed officers responding to a call for service shall 'Not Abide' by Denny's weapons prohibition policy. Any attempt to interfere or enforce this prohibition on responding police personnel may result in serious consequences to include arrest.

This policy effectively prohibits on-duty sworn police officers from dining in a Denny's Restaurant, but allows "registered sex offenders," "felons" and or "pedophiles" to enjoy a dining experience in Denny's. While I am appalled at this policy I am sadly not shocked by it. We see so much political stupidness carried out in this day and age.
STELLAR!

I have heard stories about these mythical department heads that still have the balls to stand up for their employees without hesitation....Guess a few still do exist out there, just not in legend.
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Last edited by x_out86; 01-03-2013 at 22:03..
x_out86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 23:47   #20
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
As much as we want, on your dime, boy! Sometimes, I even get extra bonus ammo to take home for stockpiling purposes... again, on your dime! Heck, sometimes? I get extra ammo every single time I go to the range, it's awesome!

I have so much ammo that I am out of space and I am stuffing bullets into every crevice, cupboard, bin, and corner in the house. I can't even walk around without tripping on loose shells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
You're right, that's, more than likely, what the problem was. One report showed a woman saying maybe they could have been fake badges. These lib dems can twist things around and bounce them off a wall, but never look at the truth. What a joke.
Yeah, my fake badge and real gun will still work better than her fake brain and the lib's fake outrage when they are confronted by the real criminals who mean to do them real harm.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11   #21
DoogieHowser
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_out86 View Post
STELLAR!

I have heard stories about these mythical department heads that still have the balls to stand up for their employees without hesitation....Guess a few still do exist out there, just not in legend.
This!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26   #22
RussP

I'd like to interview the complaints, just talk to them about what history they have with police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
...One report showed a woman saying maybe they could have been fake badges...
I just read through 15 articles about this. I cannot find one mention of fake badges. Can you point me toward that report? Thanks

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20   #23
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Every Wednesday from 8-12, all the free 9mm, .40, .38spl, 12g, and .223 I can shoot
collim1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 14:33   #24
Wolfdad

Guns have been vilified by broadcast media to such an extent that I've had women (probably from liberal Mass to the South) stare at my gun and sneer at me while in uniform several times. Seems to be much more common lately!

Last edited by Wolfdad; 01-05-2013 at 17:51..
Wolfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:35   #25
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Yep, people are so conditioned that they don't even like cops carrying guns. A few poor saps working for certain departments here aren't allowed to carry guns while working because the admin don't like it. (usually colleges and schools)

I used to work for a place that allowed one gun because the civilian admin did not allow backups because they thought carrying two was just too much for them to handle... liability and throw down and all that stupid nonsense.

Then there was the fight for gun mounted lights and lasers and drop holsters and everything else that just made the gun look way too evil... don't even get me started.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote