Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-01-2013, 16:34   #1
cherokee5425

Current Psycotic buying Mainia

I Hate having Politics dictate what one should consider buying. Unfortunitly I am worried about the possiblity of these Policital Idiots banning Glocks all together. I really have been wanting a Model 34, mainly because of the availbility of 9mm ammo. I've had several Glocks before but sadly find myself Glockless at the moment. Due to the crazy buying of anything that comes into the Gunshops you almost have to be satisfied with what you can get your hands on. My local dealer has just gotten in several Glocks, but sadly no model 34's. So I am thinking of settleing on a model 17, not thts there's anything wrong with them but I really want the 34. I know it's impossible to predict what will happen with the Gun Ban mania but I would appreciate any advice.
cherokee5425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 16:38   #2
Tmoney33

I'm ordering a Gen4 G17 this week. I doubt they could get a ban passed on one makers handguns as the Glock is really no different than Springfield or S&W semi-auto pistols. I do believe we'll see mag restrictions.
Old 01-01-2013, 16:50   #3
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee5425 View Post
I Hate having Politics dictate what one should consider buying. Unfortunitly I am worried about the possiblity of these Policital Idiots banning Glocks all together. I really have been wanting a Model 34, mainly because of the availbility of 9mm ammo. I've had several Glocks before but sadly find myself Glockless at the moment. Due to the crazy buying of anything that comes into the Gunshops you almost have to be satisfied with what you can get your hands on. My local dealer has just gotten in several Glocks, but sadly no model 34's. So I am thinking of settleing on a model 17, not thts there's anything wrong with them but I really want the 34. I know it's impossible to predict what will happen with the Gun Ban mania but I would appreciate any advice.
Chances are it will be a modified version of the Brady Bill.
Most likely Glock handguns will be fine.
But the High Cap mags (over 10) will be banned.
So your NIB Glock 34 could potentially come with 10 round mags.

If I were you I'd be more interested in High Cap mags than the gun.

Last edited by barth; 01-01-2013 at 16:52..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 16:59   #4
GruGrux515

There is def some bug out buying going on. My one local hop was gonna give me 400 for my Sig Pro2009 as a trade in bc I wanted a G19. They had none in stock and their suppliers had none so they said it could be 2 weeks or 2 months. The owner also said Glock is refusing to fill any orders.

I took my Sig to another gun shop who were only gave me 250 but they has a good supply of Glocks and had sold 40 19's in 4 days. I'm not one to wait to get something plus I knew the scare that was going on so I took the lesser amount for trade.

I'm also gla I got it when I did because if legislation passes I wouldn't of gotten 3 15rd mags. They are selling for insane amours online
GruGrux515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:13   #5
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee5425 View Post
...I know it's impossible to predict what will happen with the Gun Ban mania but I would appreciate any advice.
Advice for what - the 17 vs. 34 debate... or the totally unpredictable "Gun Ban"? Who could predict the latter?

I have every 9mil that Glock makes, and some dublicates, but more often than not, I shoot the 17 in IDPA and Steel Challenge because my accuracy is just as good, but the 17 is easier to get out of and clear the holster. The 17 would also be easier to conceal carry if that's your goal. And in GSSF, the 34 may only be shot in 2 Divisions, but the 17 in 4 Divisions.

Whatever you buy, get a Gen4 and get 3 mags, instead of the normal 2.

Pretty soon GLock will be like the Bren Ten... sold with one or no mags, but a promise of delivery [I]later[/] and prices of $100 per mag if you could get them.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:14   #6
rajbcpa

buy now and avoid tears later....when it won't be possible
rajbcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:25   #7
GruGrux515

Wish I had the funds to buy more that's for sure
GruGrux515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:32   #8
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
Chances are it will be a modified version of the Brady Bill.
Most likely Glock handguns will be fine.
But the High Cap mags (over 10) will be banned.
So your NIB Glock 34 could potentially come with 10 round mags.

If I were you I'd be more interested in High Cap mags than the gun.
pretty much what i see as well.
Old 01-01-2013, 17:37   #9
cherokee5425

SARDG, you do make some good points. One good thing, I had planned awhile back of getting either a 34 or 17 so I bought 3 17 rd and 2 33 rd mags. I think when my local gunshop opens tomorrow I'll throw some money on a 4th Gen 17. I may in the future run across someone selling a 34 upper.
cherokee5425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:42   #10
Tiro Fijo

Do any of you politically unsavvy nervous Nellies really think that another AWB will pass a REPUBLICAN controlled House of Rep.? No way, Josť.

There will be no new AWB. Unknot your knickers and start reading some objective pilitical websites for your info.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 18:20   #11
carbuncle
is not cool.

Less worrying, more fighting any potential AWB: write your reps and anyone else who will listen!
Old 01-01-2013, 18:45   #12
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Do any of you politically unsavvy nervous Nellies really think that another AWB will pass a REPUBLICAN controlled House of Rep.? No way, Josť.

There will be no new AWB. Unknot your knickers and start reading some objective pilitical websites for your info.
Think "Executive Order" and consider what damage could be done with the stroke of a pen. How many, how deep... still conjecture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ecutive_orders
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 18:52   #13
ignantmike

this remind's me of the ammo shortage and the craziness of buying 380 ammo for 50 bucks a box.....some people made some good money off this.....some didn't....i just sit back and wait.....
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 18:57   #14
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Think "Executive Order" and consider what damage could be done with the stroke of a pen. How many, how deep... still conjecture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ecutive_orders

Theny why didn't he do it in his first term? Besides, an Executuve Order on such a volatile issue would immediately send it to the SCOTUS where it would lose (think Heller decision).

This is just so much handwringing by panic mongers.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 19:05   #15
garflys

I was just going to ask what is the going price for a LNIB 17 with ns? I only have about 300 rds I really dont shoot it and want to get a sig 938. I went to a new range in the area and asked what they would do for a trade. The guy said I will give you 250. I said our you kidding me the guy is like new? he said I was just going to ask you that. I will sell it at the next guy show in about 5 min.
garflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 19:23   #16
Melissa5

Quote:
Theny why didn't he do it in his first term? Besides, an Executuve Order on such a volatile issue would immediately send it to the SCOTUS where it would lose (think Heller decision).

This is just so much handwringing by panic mongers.
During his first term he had to worry about getting re-elected. He doesn't have that little problem standing in his way now.

Anyway, I will be picking up a Gen 4 G26 in a couple of days and hopefully some G17 mags if the shop has any in stock.
John 3:16

Last edited by Melissa5; 01-01-2013 at 19:24..
Melissa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 17:04   #17
chemboy

Quote:

I have to agree, even if it is Obama's second term and all that that entails. Heller is a big stumbling block to any such legislation, as is a GOP controlled house.

Current Glocks: 19,26,20SF,29SF, 21Gen4,23Gen4,32Gen4
AA 22lr conversion kit for G20.
chemboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 17:46   #18
1eyedjack
Old Pirate

This reminds me of 1994 when Clinton was in office. Bought my G23 back then and it came with only one mag - Glock started shipping all their pistolas with one mag instead of two before the ban took effect and marked the Tupperware box labels with "ONE MAGAZINE". After that stock was exhausted all their pistols shipped with 10 round mags...
Old 01-02-2013, 17:54   #19
Bruce M

I wonder of there are more double stack pistols and more "high" capacity magazines now then there were in 1994...
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 18:40   #20
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I wonder of there are more double stack pistols and more "high" capacity magazines now then there were in 1994...
I'd venture to say the number has gone up exponentially. Pretty much more "hi-cap" everything... Many gun owners from during the ban have literally hoarded magazines knowing a ban could happen again.