Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 23:59   #61
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Just plinking - you can't seem to tell the forest from the trees. We were teasing the OP because his question is stupid. Now, you are coming in and asking even more stupid questions. What do you hope to learn on a gun forum with a bunch of cops on it? That we're anti-gun?

Just go talk to your friends, and leave us alone. You're friends will likely agree with everything you say. We're just going to give you **** and hopefully make you feel stupid for asking stupid questions that have no answers.

No run along. We'll come see you soon.
That's just what bothers me. I'm not out looking for my friends to agree with everything I say, or to paint you or anyone else in LE as "anti-gun". I was just trying to add to honest discussion.

If you are going to dismiss my questions as "stupid" I'd honestly urge you to reevaluate the way you communicate with your community.

If you don't want anyone but LE in here, you aught to request this forum be private.

As to making me feel stupid, good luck. I don't know everything, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

As to your statement "No run along. We'll come see you soon" that's just low class. I really don't understand why you would say that?
Old 01-01-2013, 00:25   #62
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
That's just what bothers me. I'm not out looking for my friends to agree with everything I say, or to paint you or anyone else in LE as "anti-gun". I was just trying to add to honest discussion.
The problem that I think you're missing is that there wasn't an honest discussion to begin with. It was a guy with an agenda, like asking the question "When did you stop beating your wife?"
Old 01-01-2013, 00:40   #63
TXCOPPER

We will make sure to yell "it's on cuz!" As we take them. Just so it's legit.

😜😙

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-01-2013, 00:48   #64
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
We hear a lot about how many cops would take part in confiscation. I wonder how many cops would arrest people they catch with 10+ round mags if they were all banned and required to be surrendered? My guess is a whole lot more since they'll only have to face those people one at a time when they catch them. They don't seem to have a problem with it in the states where they're already illegal nor with enforcing any other unconstitutional 2A violations
I hope it goes into effect. I dropped my commission last year but the last department I worked for really would love to see me come back and told me "anytime".. If the new gun bans go into effect, I'd get my commission back the next day with the sole purpose of kicking down random doors and taking guns away from all you "private citizen" thugs. Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 01-01-2013, 00:48   #65
countrygun

OK, so, One guy ran into the prison rec yard, dropped trou, bent over and yelled "come and get it", and now another guy is mad because everyone is calling him a copycat, is that it?
Old 01-01-2013, 00:49   #66
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCOPPER View Post
We will make sure to yell "it's on cuz!" As we take them. Just so it's legit.

😜😙

Come at me bro...
Old 01-01-2013, 00:55   #67
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
I'm getting all excited thinking about kicking in every single door in our entire city to check for those evil mags. I hear Obama is going to send the feds in black helicopters to help. If that's not enough he is going to make a task force made up purely of convicts released from prison just for this occasion (called the Feinstien group) and dinosaurs that were reanimated from frog DNA and old dinosaur blood found in mosquitos. We're all getting tanks with which to do this too. The dinosaurs drive.
You must not be in a state which got the better grants. We get full on F-22 Raptors with Velociraptors piloting them so we can strafe all suspected caches of illegal magazines so we can just blow them in place.

Then we got the California grizzly bears surfing in on custom carbon firber surfboards mounted on sharks with lasers on their heads while chomping on cigars and shooting Thompson submachine guns.

It is pure awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm561 View Post
I am currently looking to see if ITT Tech has an online Helicopter Pilot program that I can enroll in. I want to be flying one of those black helicopters over your city!
Make sure you also learn the landing part so that DHS and TSA don't get suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
We'll follow your hot wife seven miles just to pull her over and check her magazine capacity.

It's across 7 jurisdictions if you really want to be a professional jackboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
I think all magazines should be banned!

Join the Revolver Liberation Front!
Leave me my Car & Driver and we're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Funny, I was the University of Phoenix to offer that program first. Brings special meaning to, "I am a phoenix."
You mean, the University of Phoenix that is in every other city except in Phoenix? I think we got two locally in CA, one in L.A. and one in Ontario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
I'm so mad, gull durnit, I just grabbed my Maverick shotgun and my favorite Lorcin, ran out in the middle of the street, and got ready to rock and roll. I waited and waited... and nobody showed up. And I thought y'awl would back me.

I was there, in all black ninja pajama tactical gear, black facepaint and night vision too, you just didn't see me because I was in full stealth mode. Man, I rock!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07   #68
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
OK, so, One guy ran into the prison rec yard, dropped trou, bent over and yelled "come and get it", and now another guy is mad because everyone is calling him a copycat, is that it?
If your referring to me, I'm not close to being mad. Probably because nobody challenged what I had to say. I'm more sad, after I got jumped on for making a point that didn't attack anyone, without anyone speaking to my point.

Last edited by Just_plinking; 01-01-2013 at 01:07..
Old 01-01-2013, 01:17   #69
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
If your referring to me, I'm not close to being mad. Probably because nobody challenged what I had to say. I'm more sad, after I got jumped on for making a point that didn't attack anyone, without anyone speaking to my point.
I like fishstick Wednesdays at the staff cateria.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:22   #70
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I like fishstick Wednesdays at the staff cateria.
Do you use ketchup, or do they break out the cocktail sauce just for you. Be honest though, you'd rather have a fish sandwich
Old 01-01-2013, 02:22   #71
Mattkcc

We may be able to keep are department mags, but our personal high capacity mags will be history and our personal AR's will need to be registered Class 3. I didn't see any HR 218 exemption in the new legislation. I know a lot of guys have to supply their own duty rifle, they will have to spend $200 for registration and ten round mags. Doesn't sound very funny.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:27   #72
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Do you use ketchup, or do they break out the cocktail sauce just for you. Be honest though, you'd rather have a fish sandwich
The fish sandwiches are pathetic. I'd rather just go get a filet-o-fish from McD.

As for fish sticks, I use their generic government contract tartar sauce which is just mayonnaise with some citrus extract and bits of thyme or whatever. I just settle for ranch most of the time. Ranch makes everything awesome, including ranch, yep, ranch sauce with a side of ranch sauce!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:12   #73
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Are copyright laws, signed by Hammurabi of Mesopotamia, still valid?
That's down right funny!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 01-01-2013, 05:54   #74
RussP

Quote:
If your referring to me, I'm not close to being mad. Probably because nobody challenged what I had to say.
THAT's what the thread is about, not challenging an overworked topic!!
Quote:
I'm more sad, after I got jumped on for making a point that didn't attack anyone, without anyone speaking to my point.
Dude, that's what JBTs do....

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17   #75
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
I think some states would follow suit.

Edit: is it not uncommon for the federal government to force "highway safety" laws on states in order to get fed funding? +10 mags on interstates? sounds like a death trap.
You THINK some states would follow suit... Okay.

Carry on....

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35   #76
countrygun

Quote:
Haven't you heard of being "proactive" ?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36   #77
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam

I not only would enforce a magazine ban, I hope we get one. I hate almost all magazines. Home & Garden, Oxygen, Oprah, and a ton of others. Every time I go into a waiting room the damn things are everywhere. I'd throw people's sorry asses in jail for reading that garbage and trying to get me to read it. I say we make it a 3rd degree felony to possess and a 1st degree felony to distribute.
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:39   #78
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

i wont polish my boots for a while so i can have an excuse to polish them on the citizens who possess anti-obama magazines.

after a thorough boot party on said citizen now turned subject i will keep the magazines for myself, occasionally using them in a ruse sale to trap more citizens into conspiracy to buy anti-obama magazines.......

AHG, the power is going to my head, think i will take off my hat, follow some hot chick for seven miles out of my jd, then refuse all appointment requests.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:39   #79
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.Interceptor View Post
I not only would enforce a magazine ban, I hope we get one. I hate almost all magazines. Home & Garden, Oxygen, Oprah, and a ton of others. Every time I go into a waiting room the damn things are everywhere. I'd throw people's sorry asses in jail for reading that garbage and trying to get me to read it. I say we make it a 3rd degree felony to possess and a 1st degree felony to distribute.
Add an aggravation to it when it's 60 days or more out of date in those waiting rooms....
Old 01-01-2013, 11:53   #80
packsaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
We hear a lot about how many cops would take part in confiscation. I wonder how many cops would arrest people they catch with 10+ round mags if they were all banned and required to be surrendered? My guess is a whole lot more since they'll only have to face those people one at a time when they catch them. They don't seem to have a problem with it in the states where they're already illegal nor with enforcing any other unconstitutional 2A violations
Well yes of course we're going to confiscate all of your magazines......probably your firearms too.

And, just for grins, we're also going to initiate a policy here at GT that one must be over 14 years of age to start a thread.

So, double whammy for you.

Closed Thread