Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 20:53   #41
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
I'm in NY. I do it already. And giggle about it as I carry my full capacity magazines. Because I'm a cop and you're just a mere citizen who can't be trusted with the enormous responsibility of high capacity mags. One day, you'll wake up and understand that it's all for your safety. And because cops are your betters.

Did I hit all the usual points?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
That's why I like to carry a 26

But at home it is high cap high power all the way (legal pre-ban of course).
Old 12-31-2012, 20:55   #42
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I'm gonna take as many as I can and resell them from the evidence room! The more I can take in no-knock raids on the wrong address the better!

Only way I can make enough to get into Black Helicopter Pilot school.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'll be seeing you in court for stealing my ideas.

Old 12-31-2012, 21:26   #43
Cav

When there is a ban on magazines, I will go on to Fort Hood and demand they surrender all illegal magazines, and as they all swore and oath like me, I know they will fill the semi truck tractors with their illegal magazines.

99% of illegal weapons/magazines come from the Government. A safer street starts with the Feds giving up what they have. Never recovered a select fire assault weapon that was owned by a citizen class III owner, they were all stolen/lost Federal guns. Some were repoted to be destroyed, some sold to other countries, some taken from vehicles/hotel/homes of agents.
Old 12-31-2012, 21:59   #44
Big House
Biggest member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
....or parents who grab their crying kid, point at me, and tell the misbehaving little brat that I will arrest them if they don't act right.

This just happened to me on Friday. I was in an office where this little boy was being a little boy. Up and down all over the place. Grandma, fresh off peopleofwalmart yells, "see that guy over there, I'm going to have him get you". Hit me the wrong way, I tell grandma I would slap her before doing anything to the boy. Grandma, with t-shirt and no bra, carrying two water mellons in a downhill race, grabs the boy and out the door she goes.

I finish my business and leave. My wife is in the car and asked if I had done something inside. I asked why and she said that a lady was cussing a blue streak, as she was tugging on the boy, and saying something about a man inside. So, I told her the story and we both laughed.
Old 12-31-2012, 22:26   #45
ClydeG19

The real highlight of this thread is that assclown is apparently not on the banned words list.
Old 12-31-2012, 22:35   #46
Gombey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeG19 View Post
The real highlight of this thread is that assclown is apparently not on the banned words list.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh out loud...see I even spelled it out to show everyone how serious I was.

Old 12-31-2012, 23:09   #47
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer X View Post
Or if it was a "magazine checkpoint" on a federal highway and I impeded your right to travel
Meh, I came into this thread just to read, based on the headline. BUT, assuming a ban including outlawing "hi cap" magazines is realized, you're telling me this will never happen?

I know road cops don't make the laws, but tell me you wouldn't enforce checking if it were the "law of the land."

It weren't too many years ago that wearing a seat belt was a personal choice.

If you take my post as trolling, I don't know what to say to you, other than it wasn't meant that way and If you take it that way you are deluding yourself.
Old 12-31-2012, 23:15   #48
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
Meh, I came into this thread just to read, based on the headline. BUT, assuming a ban including outlawing "hi cap" magazines is realized, you're telling me this will never happen?

I know road cops don't make the laws, but tell me you wouldn't enforce checking if it were the "law of the land."

If you take my post as trolling, I don't know what to say to you, other than it wasn't meant that way and If you take it that way you are deluding yourself.
I'm not a cop, and I have no authority here, so just take this as a personal observation, but.....

...you're gonna have a very interesting time here in CopTalk. Just my view....
Old 12-31-2012, 23:18   #49
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I'm gonna take as many as I can and resell them from the evidence room!
Lt. Col. Dave? Is that you, Dave?
Old 12-31-2012, 23:21   #50
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
I'll be seeing you in court for stealing my ideas.

Are copyright laws, signed by Hammurabi of Mesopotamia, still valid?
Old 12-31-2012, 23:22   #51
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post

You seem to be confused. Local cops don't enforce federal laws. Just like the Feds can't enforce local/state laws. The only way a magazine ban could be enforced by 'road cops' is if their individual state passed such a ban.

I doubt very much you would see such a ban in most states, so the subject is moot.... And rediculous.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 12-31-2012, 23:22   #52
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:

How long ago was it that people knew the difference between Federal and State law and which branch(s) of LE enforced which?

Without State laws banning hi cap mags and making possession a crime. State, County and City LEO's won't be arresting anyone.
Old 12-31-2012, 23:22   #53
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
I'm not a cop, and I have no authority here, so just take this as a personal observation, but.....

...you're gonna have a very interesting time here in CopTalk. Just my view....
What a new and authentic thought. You outta go write a book.
Old 12-31-2012, 23:24   #54
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
The only way a magazine ban could be enforced by 'road cops' is if their individual state passed such a ban.

I doubt very much you would see such a ban in most states, so the subject is moot.... And rediculous.

I think some states would follow suit.

Edit: is it not uncommon for the federal government to force "highway safety" laws on states in order to get fed funding? +10 mags on interstates? sounds like a death trap.

Last edited by Just_plinking; 12-31-2012 at 23:28..
Old 12-31-2012, 23:38   #55
blueiron

Old 12-31-2012, 23:43   #56
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Haha, get out, my post is directly in line with the subject of the op. I'm not even hating, Just talking about the subject OF THIS THREAD.
Old 12-31-2012, 23:45   #57
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

Just plinking - you can't seem to tell the forest from the trees. We were teasing the OP because his question is stupid. Now, you are coming in and asking even more stupid questions. What do you hope to learn on a gun forum with a bunch of cops on it? That we're anti-gun?

Just go talk to your friends, and leave us alone. You're friends will likely agree with everything you say. We're just going to give you **** and hopefully make you feel stupid for asking stupid questions that have no answers.

No run along. We'll come see you soon.
Old 12-31-2012, 23:45   #58
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
We hear a lot about how many cops would take part in confiscation. I wonder how many cops would arrest people they catch with 10+ round mags if they were all banned and required to be surrendered? My guess is a whole lot more since they'll only have to face those people one at a time when they catch them. They don't seem to have a problem with it in the states where they're already illegal nor with enforcing any other unconstitutional 2A violations
Through your elected representative YOU hired the police to enforce the laws YOU made. How are they supposed to know which laws you want them to ignore or which citizen's opinion to follow on that?

BTW, what's with you being concerned with the democrats taking your guns and magazines, now that the election is over? In more than one thread, you have admitted:
Quote:
I'm right there with you and I voted for Obama.
You deserve what you get and a lot more.

Last edited by Bren; 12-31-2012 at 23:48..
Old 12-31-2012, 23:50   #59
Bren
NRA Life Member

Oh, no, Obama's going to take my magazines...

Quote:
I voted against Romney and against the religious right. This is why...
Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
Old 12-31-2012, 23:56   #60
blueiron

Get out? I belong here and meet the criteria of the board.

Whinge in your corner.

Closed Thread