Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:20   #1
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Evolution? Impossible!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:38   #2
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

What the heck are you doing? You don't have the balls to stay in this debate that you're starting and you know it. You and every single other science denier here chicken out of the tough question every time. Ready to actually think it through this time?

OK. The video itself even admits that small genetic change happens. There's your new genetic information. Now what stops it from changing too much and at what point does that happen? You're not an exact clone of your parents so where did that new genetic information come from?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:47   #3
elsielover

There. The cartoon has spoken!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48   #4
Glock36shooter

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Old 12-30-2012, 12:51   #5
Glock36shooter

JBnTX you love being made a fool of over and over again don't you? You know Animal Mother, Gunhaver, and Geko are going to destroy you on this. You simply do not possess to intellect to debate them on this topic. No one in this forum does.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-30-2012, 12:51   #6
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Read this article and watch the video. Try to wrap your head around what's happening here. Life is every bit as hackable as any other information system.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...etic-life-form

Last edited by Gunhaver; 12-30-2012 at 12:53..
Old 12-30-2012, 13:33   #7
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
JBnTX you love being made a fool of over and over again don't you? You know Animal Mother, Gunhaver, and Geko are going to destroy you on this. You simply do not possess to intellect to debate them on this topic. No one in this forum does.

I know that!

I just love dragging you Godless heathens out into the light for all to see.

Old 12-30-2012, 14:04   #8
ksg0245

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I know that!

Your video is lying. You believe it. Sounds like Satan has tricked you. How unfortunate for your soul.

http://www.theistic-evolution.com/ne...ormation.shtml
Quote:
The biological process of evolution can add new (and useful) genetic information to the genome by gene duplication followed by a point mutation in one of the copies. The modified copy can perform a new biological function while the unchanged copy continues to perform the original function. This process has been observed in the Antarctic eelpout fish, which lives in very cold water. The gene that produces antifreeze protein (AFP) is thought to have evolved from a duplicate copy of the gene that produces sialic acid synthase (SAS) enzyme. AFP secretes an antifreeze protein into the eelpout's bloodstream, allowing the fish to expand its range into colder waters. The overall process is called "escape from adaptive conflict", whereby the copied gene is free to acquire a new function. The references are:

Figure 2. The Antarctic eelpout fish (Lycodes turneri).
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...t-B-Sheiko.jpg

Of course the mutated copy of the duplicate gene still has to produce a viable function in order to be useful. A mutated gene will produce a modified protein. The cell's quality control mechanism will destroy proteins that do not fold properly. However, some modified proteins do make it through the cell's filtering machinery and are expressed in the phenotype. Since altered phenotypes do arise in a population, we know that the cell's quality control mechanism does not eliminate the result of every mutation.
All your claims against the Theory of Evolution have been refuted. That would tell you something if only you could take those blinders off.
Old 12-30-2012, 15:08   #9
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

JB comes up with nonsense, gets challenged, makes up answers, gets called on it and then runs away until he has another dumb idea. Then he starts another thread.

This is just the latest load of you-know-what.
Old 12-30-2012, 15:16   #10
token5gtd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_catfish

Pretty clear evidence for evolution right here in one specimen. I actually had a semi-creationist friend of mine try to use them (walking catfish) as evidence against evolution, because we havn't seen them evolve since, lmao... I had to sit down and catch my breath after that one.
Old 12-30-2012, 16:51   #11
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:
I know that!

In case you haven't noticed (and you probably haven't, you're rather adept at missing the obvious) we "Godless heathens" rather enjoy "dragging" ourselves "out into the light for all to see." Not really needing a lot of help from you.

Adorable video though.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Old 12-30-2012, 17:12   #12
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I know that!

It isn't the proponents of science who are exposed when you do things like this.
Old 12-30-2012, 23:15   #13
muscogee

Quote:
I know that!

Since no one here is hiding in the shadows, how are dragging anyone into the light?

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-30-2012, 23:58   #14
fowl intent

JB, are you really so simple minded that you accept cartoon drivel as scientific analysis?
Your cute little video seems to place a lot of emhasis on assertions that evolution cannot be "fact" because there is no "observable, testable, repeatable evidence of life from non-life, or the addition of genetic material from one generation to successive generations.

It is reassuring to know that you apparently believe in the validity of basic scientific analysis for establishing scientific "facts". Observation, testablity and repeatablity of results is essential to scientific proof.

Perhaps you can share with us some observable, testable, repeatable evidence of the existence of your god? I would love to hear it......... Or in the alternative, to hear you admit that there is none. (oh, and "faith" has nothing to do with proof). And please don't think quoting verses from the Bible, or the Quran or the Karma Sutra for that matter, will hold any scientific relevance.
Old 12-31-2012, 00:01   #15
RyanBDawg

I hope you know that people like you are the reason the Republican Party has died on the national level.

Enjoy being the cause of your own (and unfortunately our) downfall.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 12-31-2012 at 00:02..
Old 12-31-2012, 00:03   #16
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl intent View Post
JB, are you really so simple minded that you accept cartoon drivel as scientific analysis?
Of course he is..

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 12-31-2012 at 00:03..
Old 12-31-2012, 00:57   #17
G23Gen4TX

When your world is 6000 years old your mind is not developed enough to understand the concept of TIME.

But all your problems are solved with imaginary super beings. How easy.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:35   #18
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I know that!

All you wind up accomplishing is shinning a glaring light on how badly educated you are. Not to mention how petty and small minded.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-31-2012, 05:49   #19
JBnTX
JB in Tx

You guys forget that we have a much bigger audience than you can imagine. An audience that you deny the very existence of.

And he is taking notes.

Last edited by JBnTX; 12-31-2012 at 05:52..
Old 12-31-2012, 06:02   #20
Bren
NRA Life Member

Great - back to "I don't understand science, so it can't be true." That's always a good argument.

Closed Thread