Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 18:45   #51
panzer1
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I don't know any rabbit hunters, dove hunters, or deer hunters who ran out to buy an AR15.
The people who are buying those guns are a small specialty group. My Marine friend who just came back from killing hadgis in the sandbox says he has "all that he needs". That's about 4 mags.
OK & what about the mags for his handguns? Remember there is no "need" to have more then 10rounds in your ccw handgun.
Old 12-29-2012, 19:10   #52
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer1 View Post
OK & what about the mags for his handguns? Remember there is no "need" to have more then 10rounds in your ccw handgun.
Many of them would agree with you. "If you can't kill a guy with 10 shots you probably shouldn't be carrying a gun anyway."

Not all of them are like that, of course. But there are a crapload of hunters in this country. In my part of the country businesses practically fold up during deer season, companies run on skeleton crews.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 20:12   #53
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
No one thought it would happen in 1994.
GTers did not think that Obummer Care would pass.
GTers thought that Obummer Care would be ruled against the law by the USSC.
GTers did not think that Obummer would be re-elected.

And now GTers think that there will be no anti-gun legislation.

Me thinks that GT is a great, fun place to chat, talk about stuff. Not so good of a place to try and read the political tea leaves.
That's because a significant percentage of GTers are big government statists. They just think we should direct the government against perceived "liberals" homosexuals etc...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 20:14   #54
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I'm just saying we're outnumbered. If we want to keep our rifles and mags we all have to write our politicians. If we all don't do the work, we are going to loose, when we could have prevented it.
I already contacted my representative and senators. But seeing as how I am currently registered to vote in Tennessee, they are all pro-second amendment conservatives and I have no worries about how they will vote.

If you live in an area with someone like Feinnstein running things, then good luck getting through that impenetrable forcefield of stupidity.

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 12-29-2012 at 20:17..
Old 12-29-2012, 22:48   #55
rauldduke1979

1st. As has been pointed out, polls seem to differ on this question

2nd. Although there may be Fudds who legitimately hate people who own modern sporting rifles or pistols, I have a feeling you have a lot of uninformed gun owners who think there is really such a thing as an "assualt weapon". I bet when you explain that their 10/22 is an "assualt weapon", according to DiFi, they'd be singing a different tune.

To that end, one thing that we must do is make clear to the uniformed that "assault weapons" are a figment of the imagination of DiFi and the New York Times editorial board. In practice, all modern self loading firearms are being targeted, including 10/22s and virtually all pistols.

And remind the hard core Fudds that one of the Columbine shooters used a sawed off double barrel and the Batman shooter used a pump shotgun, so there's no reason to think your "hunting weapons" are safe.
rauldduke1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 22:51   #56
9jeeps
Fogey

Same with Senator Socker Mom!
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 23:14   #57
greentriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
That's because a significant percentage of GTers are big government statists. They just think we should direct the government against perceived "liberals" homosexuals etc...

It's also a very narrow viewpoint on GT. surrounding itself with like minded people only narrows your thinking, but makes you feel real smart because everyone agrees with you and thinks different views can only be held by stupid people. Said simply, GTs are right and intelligent and really understand and know what's the truth, others are wrong, stupid, and don't understand what's really happening because they believe the lies. Except, GTs get all the big important and society affecting issues wrong. The election is the perfect example, GTs thought Obama would lose by a wide margin, they ignored the science and math and held onto the superstition and emotions being promulgated by conservative bobble heads. Heck, if the leaders like Rove are emotionally blinded to reality, how can anyone expect the GT masses to do any better.

greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 23:31   #58
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
Except, GTs get all the big important and society affecting issues wrong. The election is the perfect example, GTs thought Obama would lose by a wide margin, they ignored the science and math and held onto the superstition and emotions being promulgated by conservative bobble heads.

The fox news addiction is strong here.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 23:41   #59
sum-dum-guy

Quote:
It's also a very narrow viewpoint on GT. surrounding itself with like minded people only narrows your thinking, but makes you feel real smart because everyone agrees with you and thinks different views can only be held by stupid people. Said simply, GTs are right and intelligent and really understand and know what's the truth, others are wrong, stupid, and don't understand what's really happening because they believe the lies. Except, GTs get all the big important and society affecting issues wrong. The election is the perfect example, GTs thought Obama would lose by a wide margin, they ignored the science and math and held onto the superstition and emotions being promulgated by conservative bobble heads. Heck, if the leaders like Rove are emotionally blinded to reality, how can anyone expect the GT masses to do any better.

Yep. Exactly.

That is why it is good and healthy to engage the other side as much as possible. To ignore their statements, ridicule and mock them, is foolish at best. More importantly, it can cause you to be blindsided when things go the other way....again, like the elections.
Old 12-30-2012, 00:10   #60
RayB
Retired Member

Why would I think that the same local and national Mainstream Media that told me right up until the end, that the average Wisconsin Citizen was so outraged and worried that our coddled public employees might have to pay something towards their Cadillac Healthcare and Gravy Train Retirements, that we'd readily accept another tax increase to keep these angels of mercy in the money, might be BSing me on this matter too?

We like to say here that "The math doesn't lie", but it does fairly often, because it's tweaked to support an agenda.

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 00:27   #61
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
The election is the perfect example, GTs thought Obama would lose by a wide margin, they ignored the science and math and held onto the superstition and emotions being promulgated by conservative bobble heads.

Let's keep it real. As with the first election, where Obama won by some 52.7%. his reelection was hardly a landslide either. The Libs like to talk as if "America spoke in one resounding voice!", but that's not what happened at either election.

Some two-million less people voted for Romney-Ryan than voted for McCain-Palin...

And some six-million less people didn't vote at all this time around...

That's what happened.

And while the Romney-Ryan supporters, like myself, were on the losing side of that contest, I remain convinced that we were on the right side.

My son sent me some pictures of himself and his fiancé, and six of their friends at a Christmas party they hosted. I couldn't help but notice that this room full of young people, when they weren't eating dinner, all had their noses in smart phones, iPads, and one dude was at my son's desktop... All that information at hand, and by and large, people have never been dumber!

--Ray
Old 12-30-2012, 00:31   #62
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
Let's keep it real. As with the first election, where Obama won by some 52.7%. his reelection was hardly a landslide either. The Libs like to talk as if "America spoke in one resounding voice!", but that's not what happened at either election.

Some two-million less people voted for Romney-Ryan than voted for McCain-Palin...

And some six-million less people didn't vote at all this time around...

That's what happened.

And while the Romney-Ryan supporters, like myself, were on the losing side of that contest, I remain convinced that we were on the right side.

My son sent me some pictures of himself and his fiancé, and six of their friends at a Christmas party they hosted. I couldn't help but notice that this room full of young people, when they weren't eating dinner, all had their noses in smart phones, iPads, and one dude was at my son's desktop... All that information at hand, and by and large, people have never been dumber!

--Ray
And any Ron Paul supporter who advocated for less government regardless of wether it came from the right or left were roundly vilified by the Romney supporters.

The Bush Romney version of the Republican Party is over. If you keep supporting that version then you will never win a national election ever agin.

Don't like gay marriage, then don't get married to a gay person.

When you have the "mainstream" Republicans out there saying things like god allowed Sandy Hook to happen because of lack of prayer in school or gay marriage then you have already lost.

Old 12-30-2012, 00:36   #63
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipperwolf View Post
Got a link???
She just throws it out and offers no source:

She's a far left anti who runs a far left "think" tank that seems to be mainly concerned with finding racism in America where no one else can:

http://www.americanvaluesinstitute.org/?page_id=206

Last edited by MtBaldy; 12-30-2012 at 00:37..
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 00:50   #64
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Is my Hi-Point 9mm carbine considered an assault rifle? After all it is black and semi-auto.
"Friends don't let friends buy Hi-Points."
Old 12-30-2012, 00:51   #65
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
The Bush Romney version of the Republican Party is over. If you keep supporting that version then you will never win a national election ever agin.

Fair to say, but again, Obama didn't win by much. In fact, he was there to enjoy a perfect storm of national stupidity and apathy.

Romney made some stupid statements, and his campaign was poorly run. And the fact remains, the man himself--though squeaky-clean compared to those characters the Dems trotted out--was a far cry from an ideal Republican candidate.

But given the choice between Romney-Ryan and Obama-Biden (and that was the choice), I'd do the same thing again...

Obama and Biden could not have even fared well in an honest debate, without lifelines thrown and biased, corrupt moderators, to interrupt, and hold their hands.

And finally, Ron Paul simply was and is not an option.

--Ray
Old 12-30-2012, 00:51   #66
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
She just throws it out and offers no source:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/206121111...ylist_id=86923

She's a far left anti who runs a far left "think" tank that seems to be mainly concerned with finding racism in America where no one else can:

http://www.americanvaluesinstitute.org/?page_id=206
She seems familiar, where have I seen her before. Hmmmm...

Old 12-30-2012, 07:07   #67
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldduke1979 View Post

2nd. Although there may be Fudds who legitimately hate people who own modern sporting rifles or pistols, I have a feeling you have a lot of uninformed gun owners who think there is really such a thing as an "assualt weapon". I bet when you explain that their 10/22 is an "assualt weapon", according to DiFi, they'd be singing a different tune.
Yesterday I talked on the phone to a democrat who is thinking of getting a Ruger Ranch Rifle before Obama takes them.
2 years ago I went around and around with that guy trying to convince him what an "assault weapon" actually is. He thought an assault weapon meant a fully auto. And I think he is a good example of what a LOT of people believe. It has been a really thorough deception on the part of the democrats.
If we could get them re educated we would have no more problems on this issue.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35   #68
greentriple

Quote:
Fair to say, but again, Obama didn't win by much. In fact, he was there to enjoy a perfect storm of national stupidity and apathy.

Romney made some stupid statements, and his campaign was poorly run. And the fact remains, the man himself--though squeaky-clean compared to those characters the Dems trotted out--was a far cry from an ideal Republican candidate.

But given the choice between Romney-Ryan and Obama-Biden (and that was the choice), I'd do the same thing again...

Obama and Biden could not have even fared well in an honest debate, without lifelines thrown and biased, corrupt moderators, to interrupt, and hold their hands.

And finally, Ron Paul simply was and is not an option.

--Ray
You articulate a perfect example of what I say. Blame, rationalize, excuse and spin the the conversation and then say: "But, regardless of result, we were right...."

Last edited by greentriple; 12-30-2012 at 08:38..
greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:58   #69
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post

And yet every time I visit a shooting facility with rifle and clay target ranges, those shooting black rifles always vastly outnumber those shooting skeet. On the rifle line there is a lot more plastic than wood...and even the wood stocked rifles tend to be old military rifles, not modern hunting arms. At the range I normally shoot at on match day, there might be half a dozen people shooting trap...and 100+ are shooting IDPA. We're not the same marginal demographic we once were.

I don't know about your area, but I would tell you the guys with the hunting rifles have plenty of land accessible to them to sight in their rifles. There is no need for them to pay for a range.

The last time I paid to shoot at a range was years ago (6-8 years ago). I have no reason to go to ranges. But I still shoot frequently. I go out to a range we set up on the land and shoot anytime I want.

I am guessing the typical urban/suburban black rifle owner doesn't have that same access to land as avid hunters. Otherwise they would go shoot for free rather than pay a range.

just a thought.

Last edited by Jonesee; 12-30-2012 at 09:00..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53   #70
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:

--Ray

Yet he won. To those of us not watching the fox news spin & propaganda and sucking up 6 months of meaningless polls, this was not a surprise. Fox news was 100% wrong.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55   #71
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:

You articulate a perfect example of what I say. Blame, rationalize, excuse and spin the the conversation and then say: "But, regardless of result, we were right...."
That's the fox news addiction. 3 1/2 years from now nothing will have changed with them.
Old 12-30-2012, 15:28   #72
mwelch8404

AVI?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Usher/david11.htm

ROTFLMAO

Or: How to get the camel's nose under the tent.
Old 12-30-2012, 15:32   #73
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx
They didn't call me............Maybe they called the idiot hunters who said I didn't need that 30 round mag in my AR as they loaded a deer they shot on our farm........guess who isn't hunting here next year.
Old 12-30-2012, 16:18   #74
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
They didn't call me............Maybe they called the idiot hunters who said I didn't need that 30 round mag in my AR as they loaded a deer they shot on our farm........guess who isn't hunting here next year.

Your land, your perogative.

No one hunts our land but family for the last dozen years or so.

Last edited by Jonesee; 12-30-2012 at 16:22..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:23   #75
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Guys just stop the BS i recently found out my AR-15 is addicted to crack cocaine and sneaks out every night holding up gas stations and liquor stores to support it's habit