Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-22-2010, 19:48   #1
dmacker

COSTCO shooting of Eric Scott Coroner Inquest

"Costco employee Colleen Kullberg took the stand late Wednesday and said she saw Scott as he was confronted by police outside the store. She says she saw Scott pull his gun from his waistband and aim it at officers before being shot.

Owens, a doctor treating Scott, alluded to Scott's longtime battle with drugs and mental illness as the possible catalyst for the incident.

"Abuse of street drugs, bipolar disorder, chronic depression he was trying to treat with use of painkillers, suicidal ideations and one comment, 'It's literally a matter of time before my faking it at work is going to show,'" said Owens."

The above testimony at the public coroner inquest into the shooting sheds a different light then the image of a West Point and Duke graduate with a great career and the world by the tail impression of Scott put forth by his family and friends after the shooting by police.

The inquest is being broadcast live on KLAS and began today. It is expected to last all week with about 22 witnesses to take the stand. Scotts father released a list of approximately 30 drugs he said his son was taking.
Three doctors have taken the stand and testified that some of the drug levels in Scotts system were at lethal levels.

The family still insists that Scott was murdered by the police. So far the evidence does not support that accusation. It will be very interesting how this all shakes out.
dmacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 19:50   #2
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

GNG thread on it for anyone interested:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1267270
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 21:28   #3
Keith5579
STONEHOUSE

Send a message via AIM to Keith5579

Dmacker, can you post a link to this story?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:39   #4
Patchman
Florist

His own physician said all that about his mental state? His own family provided a list of 30 medications he was taking at the time? I can wait another week or so for the entire inquest to shake out.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:58   #5
Patchman
Florist

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/131138...edirected=true

and

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...st-erik-scott/

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:00   #6
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

Well, well, well!
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30   #7
goldenglory18

SHOCKING!!!!

:rolls eyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeMO View Post
Officer Walsh boxing the chops of the dingbat, who tried to interfere with his arrest, does not trouble me in the least...
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 16:32   #8
The-Fly
The Bofh

I've learned to hold my opinion when stuff like this happens until there's a cool off period and the full story comes out.

And this case (and the way the public reacted to it) is the perfect reason why I do so.....
Old 09-23-2010, 16:51   #9
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacker View Post
Owens, a doctor treating Scott, alluded to Scott's longtime battle with drugs and mental illness as the possible catalyst for the incident.

"Abuse of street drugs, bipolar disorder, chronic depression he was trying to treat with use of painkillers, suicidal ideations and one comment, 'It's literally a matter of time before my faking it at work is going to show,'" said Owens."

The above testimony at the public coroner inquest into the shooting sheds a different light then the image of a West Point and Duke graduate with a great career and the world by the tail impression of Scott put forth by his family and friends after the shooting by police.

The inquest is being broadcast live on KLAS and began today. It is expected to last all week with about 22 witnesses to take the stand. Scotts father released a list of approximately 30 drugs he said his son was taking.
Three doctors have taken the stand and testified that some of the drug levels in Scotts system were at lethal levels.

The family still insists that Scott was murdered by the police. So far the evidence does not support that accusation. It will be very interesting how this all shakes out.
So this is the spin now?

Edited to say I Just read the second link. I still believe this is the primary cause of this incident:

Combat zone training for police = very unfortunate overreaction.

What a disappointing mess.

Last edited by Kegs; 09-23-2010 at 16:59..
Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 17:16   #10
Pepper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
So this is the spin now?

Edited to say I Just read the second link. I still believe this is the primary cause of this incident:

How nice. With your expertise, opinions, and information, shouldn't you be testifying at the inquest?
Old 09-23-2010, 17:37   #11
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Quote:
I still believe this is the primary cause of this incident:

Quote:
"Costco employee Colleen Kullberg took the stand late Wednesday and said she saw Scott as he was confronted by police outside the store. She says she saw Scott pull his gun from his waistband and aim it at officers before being shot."
I didn't know that shooting people who were pointing guns at you was a tactic that you only learned in combat zone training. I also didn't realize that shooting someone who was already aiming a gun at you or another person was considered an unfortunate overreaction.

Oh, wait. It's not anywhere in the real world. It's only considered an overreaction by supercool operators who graduated from Chairborne Ranger school.

Please, feel free to enlighten us more.
Old 09-23-2010, 17:57   #12
Napalm561

Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.
Napalm561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 17:57   #13
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Now that's funny. Your avitar shows you in "tactical" style pants shooting combat style. Hope you're not one of those do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do people.

Old 09-23-2010, 19:36   #14
dmacker

Scott's father named DR. PIERCE as one source of Eric's drugs.

"Dr. John Pierce is director of the Ageless Forever Preventative Medicine Clinic. Pierce's name surfaced in a blog written by Scott's father, William, who indicated his son received legal growth hormones and bioidentical hormones under Dr. Pierce's care.

Dr. Pierce says being ex-military himself, he would have remembered meeting Scott, but he says he never did.

"I want to make it clear, first off, that Mr. Scott has never been a patient of mine. I have never met him professionally or personally," he said. "If he had a prescription with my name on it, I don't know where he got it."

Scott's girlfriend, Samantha Sterner, who was shopping with him the day he died at Costco, used to work at the Ageless Forever clinic. Dr. Pierce says she was terminated in June or July of last year."

In looking for answers to this tragedy of circumstances, could this have been the source of some of his narcotics and the reason for her termination. Another doctor testified that he terminated Scott as a patient because he had doubled up on his pain medication in violation of the doctor's directions.
Scott's father said he was injured in parachute training but there has been no other indication of a military disability. It also sounds like he had told his girlfriend that he was a Green Beret. Could this all be a case of Murphy's law.
dmacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:10   #15
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacker View Post
"Dr. John Pierce is director of the Ageless Forever Preventative Medicine Clinic. Pierce's name surfaced in a blog written by Scott's father, William, who indicated his son received legal growth hormones and bioidentical hormones under Dr. Pierce's care.

Dr. Pierce says being ex-military himself, he would have remembered meeting Scott, but he says he never did.

"I want to make it clear, first off, that Mr. Scott has never been a patient of mine. I have never met him professionally or personally," he said. "If he had a prescription with my name on it, I don't know where he got it."

Scott's girlfriend, Samantha Sterner, who was shopping with him the day he died at Costco, used to work at the Ageless Forever clinic. Dr. Pierce says she was terminated in June or July of last year."

In looking for answers to this tragedy of circumstances, could this have been the source of some of his narcotics and the reason for her termination. Another doctor testified that he terminated Scott as a patient because he had doubled up on his pain medication in violation of the doctor's directions.
Scott's father said he was injured in parachute training but there has been no other indication of a military disability. It also sounds like he had told his girlfriend that he was a Green Beret. Could this all be a case of Murphy's law.
Oh snap! Boosted a script pad it sounds like!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01   #16
Patchman
Florist

Yeah, and I've said this previously, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the gf is a pill head who enjoyed the cornucopia of his medicine cabinet. But it wasn't street drugs, and they're good looking clean cut upper middle class white america with a CCW, so a certain segment of society more than willingly turns a blind eye.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:07   #17
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
Oh snap! Boosted a script pad it sounds like!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:46   #18
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeboy01 View Post
I didn't know that shooting people who were pointing guns at you was a tactic that you only learned in combat zone training. I also didn't realize that shooting someone who was already aiming a gun at you or another person was considered an unfortunate overreaction.

Oh, wait. It's not anywhere in the real world. It's only considered an overreaction by supercool operators who graduated from Chairborne Ranger school.

Please, feel free to enlighten us more.
exactly.
AZLawDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:48   #19
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

The problem is the bad, evil, terrible, trigger happy police, were too inept to see the halo that comes with every CCW permit.
AZLawDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:05   #20
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLawDawg View Post
The problem is the bad, evil, terrible, trigger happy police, were too inept to see the halo that comes with every CCW permit.
One State Fair Queen/CCW banner could have prevented this-

Cop Talk
Old 09-24-2010, 14:50   #21
Patchman
Florist

Here's a summary of today's inquest.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...-inquest-day3/

My conspiracy theory regarding the gf's failure to appear at the inquest is that it was the butler with the candlestick, in the library. Remember I said it here, first.

Old 09-24-2010, 15:21   #22
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

Quote:
So this is the spin now?
Yes, leave it to pesky witnesses, toxicology reports and testimony that he was a manipulative addict diagnosed with psychiatric illnesses to spin things in the favor of the police.

Quote:

Yes, the police shooting insane drug addicts pointing guns at them are clearly the "primary cause" of this incident. WTF is "combat zone training, btw?

Quote:
Your post certainly is.Cop Talk

Last edited by AngryBassets; 09-24-2010 at 15:21..
AngryBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 16:41   #23
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeboy01 View Post
I didn't know that shooting people who were pointing guns at you was a tactic that you only learned in combat zone training. I also didn't realize that shooting someone who was already aiming a gun at you or another person was considered an unfortunate overreaction. .
What about someone who's aiming a gun at you, but is planning to turn his life around?

Oh snap! Mission accomplished! Pointing a gun at cops is a great way to make a major lifestyle change all right!

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 16:46   #24
steveksux
Massive Member

Have to say though, who hired Officer Curley in the first pic of the set in the middle????

Cop Talk

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 17:33   #25
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

soightenlee nyuck nyuck!