SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 19:20   #1
snerd

Senate approves warrantless phone tapping for next five years

Quote:
Today, after just one day of rushed debate, the Senate shamefully voted on a five-year extension to the FISA Amendments Act, an unconsitutional law that openly allows for warrantless surveillance of Americans' overseas communications.

Incredibly, the Senate rejected all the proposed amendments that would have brought a modicum of transparency and oversight to the government's activities, despite previous refusals by the Executive branch to even estimate how many Americans are surveilled by this program or reveal critical secret court rulings interpreting it.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/1...bill-five-more

I know this doesn't bother a lot of you guys, but it's just another in a long line of bills trashing our Constitution.
Old 12-28-2012, 19:24   #2
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/1...bill-five-more

I know this doesn't bother a lot of you guys, but it's just another in a long line of bills trashing our Constitution.
Drones killing American citizens without due process excites them also. Wonder how many of them will take issue with this?
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:25   #3
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Odd. Members of the government do not see any problems with intrusive oversight by government.

We got what we paid for.

The theory used to be that the elected representatives were on our side. Now they are on their side, against us.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:50   #4
mj9mm

obviously more important than working on our fiscal problems. i'm relieved they didn't trash the 2nd amendment, yet
Old 12-28-2012, 20:06   #5
QNman
resU deretsigeR

To those who said this was an acceptable bill when Bush signed it, and to those who assured us all it was only temporary - this is why it should never have passed. Regardless of the party that passed it.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 20:20   #6
RyanSBHF

The Democrats who were against this while Bush was in office sure are quiet now.

A Monarch leads a Monarchy.

Hillary Clinton leads a Country.
RyanSBHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36   #7
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSBHF View Post
The Democrats who were against this while Bush was in office sure are quiet now.
Of course, they are... many of the Obama fans are damn near worship of him. He could invade Iraq for WMD's at this point, and many of his base would still cheer.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote