Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 21:46   #1
opto_isolator
Extinct GOP

The king has spoken - whitehouse petition against AWB CLOSED!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...acity/bjlkvNSf

With only 31k votes, the bastards CLOSED the petition. I guess it's good to be the king? If they would have left it open, it would have gotten MANY more signatures. What a joke this country has become.
opto_isolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:57   #2
ithaca_deerslayer

I don't know anything about the process, but wouldn't petitions just stay open until they get enough votes to get a response?

The bad thing is the writer of the response seems to think there is something especially dangerous about the guns he calls "assault weapons." Seems to show a real ignorance about them (just like my ignorance about the petitions).

They are just semi-automatic rifles, which have been around for 100 years. Is the Remington 740 somehow less dangerous than an AR?

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 12-27-2012 at 23:31..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 23:04   #3
QNman
resU deretsigeR

More machinations of the Chicago political machine. Now he can say "look, I had a petition, but it only got 31,000 votes". And the leftist worshippers will lap it up, greedy for more. The lapdog media will play the sound bites, cleverly delivered from the TOTUS, and the leftist worshippers will wag their tails and roll over for a belly scratch.

Meanwhile, our Republic will continue to gasp for breath.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!

Last edited by QNman; 12-27-2012 at 23:04..
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 00:25   #4
JBnTX
JB in Tx

What do you expect?
Petitions on that website are a joke.

Think about it, it's the friggin White House website...Duh!...

Last edited by JBnTX; 12-28-2012 at 00:27..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38   #5
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Is the Remington 740 somehow less dangerous than an AR?
Becareful of the liberal mind.

A very liberal coworker of mine and I had this discussion...

I said, would you have preferred if that idiot had used a pump shotgun rather than an AR. Her response

"Which is why they all should be banned"

I have now learned to say a pistol, shotgun, or semi-automatic rifle...one is no MORE dangerous than the other.

Her response "Prove it."

My answer: A man breaks into your house with the intent of raping you....you pull a shotgun, pistol or full auto AR with every bell and whistle in the book...when he sees it is he any more likely to run away with one or the other? If he comes at you and you pull the trigger...is he any more or less dead?

Here end the lesson.

I love making liberals mad
Old 12-28-2012, 13:46   #6
Gunnut 45/454

Yea ,but they have 31K of names and addresses of gun owners to go do a knock and confiscate!
Old 12-28-2012, 15:37   #7
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What do you expect?
Petitions on that website are a joke.

Think about it, it's the friggin White House website...Duh!...
I agree with JB here. (don't tell anyone)

The whole notion of the WH Petition thing just reeks of "let them eat cake!"

Nevermind that I wouldnt be caught dead putting my name onto any sort of gun rights online petition, particularly one run by the feds.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 16:11   #8
dukeblue91

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I agree with JB here. (don't tell anyone)

The whole notion of the WH Petition thing just reeks of "let them eat cake!"

Nevermind that I wouldnt be caught dead putting my name onto any sort of gun rights online petition, particularly one run by the feds.
This is the real reason why I have never participated in any of their petitions either.
I will not make it that easy and put my name into the hat for them to pull me from.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 17:08   #9
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Political Issues

Be serious for a moment. Even if there had been 100,000,000 signatures on the petition, Barry is in his "more flexible" second term, and he will push for more gun control because he can.

The petition site is a joke of monumental proportions, just because you can petition the white house does not mean they are going to listen. Closing the petition should raise your level of concern though.

Better start writing your reps, if they cannot hold the line, all is lost on the gun control front.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 17:51   #10
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Political Issues

Be serious for a moment. Even if there had been 100,000,000 signatures on the petition, Barry is in his "more flexible" second term, and he will push for more gun control because he can.

The petition site is a joke of monumental proportions, just because you can petition the white house does not mean they are going to listen. Closing the petition should raise your level of concern though.

Better start writing your reps, if they cannot hold the line, all is lost on the gun control front.
Doc, in all honesty, I don't think writing our reps will have any more effect than petitioning obama. Hell, 20,000 men marched on DC for money they were owed, stayed there day and night for months in protest and what did they get? They got attacked by their own army.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 18:08   #11
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Doc, in all honesty, I don't think writing our reps will have any more effect than petitioning obama. Hell, 20,000 men marched on DC for money they were owed, stayed there day and night for months in protest and what did they get? They got attacked by their own army.
I'll admit it's not a great plan, and there is no guarantee of success. But at this time, that and sending a little extra to NRA and GOA, and joining SAF, what else is there to do?

My crystal ball is still broken, so I just do what I can.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 18:45   #12
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Further proof that this grand experiment has been destined for failure since day one. The Founders knew it would happen. MacArthur lead that army if I am not mistaken. A great patriot just following orders.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:08   #13
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

90% of people that called Congress opposed TARP too.

This video seemed appropriate since Feinstein said her constituents called overwhelmingly against TARP, but she voted to pass it because it's in your best interest.

You forget who politicians work for. It isn't you.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:25   #14
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
I'll admit it's not a great plan, and there is no guarantee of success. But at this time, that and sending a little extra to NRA and GOA, and joining SAF, what else is there to do?

I will admit I have not written my reps yet. However, of them, I have a senator who has vowed to vote against any restrictions (Blunt), one who will definitively vote whatever way she thinks her dreamboat President wants her to vote (McCaskill) and a rep who will vote against it. Who do I write?
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!

Last edited by QNman; 12-28-2012 at 19:25..
Old 12-28-2012, 19:27   #15
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
90% of people that called Congress opposed TARP too.

This video seemed appropriate since Feinstein said her constituents called overwhelmingly against TARP, but she voted to pass it because it's in your best interest.

91,000 CALLS 85,000 AGAINST THE BAILOUT BILL! Sen Feinstein - YouTube

You forget who politicians work for. It isn't you.
Unfortunately, this is all true.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 19:28   #16
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Oh my goodness. Opposition not wanted. Thanks Obama.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:35   #17
dvrdwn72

How about the fact an ar wasnt even used,, confirmed by the police. No, absolutely no rifle of any kind was found in the school, but still in the vehicle that Adam Lanza drove. So, why even scream "ban the scary rifle"????
dvrdwn72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:36   #18
mj9mm

maybe we could have a Ted Nugent look a like contest out on the WhiteHouse lawn, that might get some attention
Old 12-28-2012, 19:48   #19
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

That's what's so damnable. All we can do is petition our overlords and beg of them not to take away our rights.
Old 12-28-2012, 19:49   #20
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Further proof that this grand experiment has been destined for failure since day one. The Founders knew it would happen. MacArthur lead that army if I am not mistaken. A great patriot just following orders.
Yep..