GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-31-2012, 17:40   #176
*ASH*

WATCHING the video , looks like a coward to me .

i do know his other videos are mediocre at best ,and anyone would train under him is a dumbass or have a sore ass .
*ASH* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 18:01   #177
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawG26 View Post
Just as I suspected, Gunny Lingus is a fervent Master Debater.....
There you go. Always fall back on your strengths.

A Nation of Cowards

Hey Yeager: Youtube is NOT your friend, and doesn't help your business.
Gunny Lingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 18:12   #178
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Never returned fire, just randomly fired.....
Some seem to be arguing that he shouldn't have even tried to return fire, he should have been treating his injured colleague. I say that's why they designate medics.

When I heard he went over there, before the incident, I knew him and his brother didn't have any business going. I was right. I couldn't believe they did, and assumed it would be in a more law enforcement capacity. But I guess he got some of what he wanted, publicity: he was on the cover of SWAT magazine, and a cable show about "warriors" or something.

I don't think it quite worked out the way he hoped.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 12-31-2012, 18:23   #179
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
Being gay doesn't necessarily mean you can't be a badass.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:35   #180
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Lingus View Post
Some seem to be arguing that he shouldn't have even tried to return fire, he should have been treating his injured colleague. I say that's why they designate medics.

When I heard he went over there, before the incident, I knew him and his brother didn't have any business going. I was right. I couldn't believe they did, and assumed it would be in a more law enforcement capacity. But I guess he got some of what he wanted, publicity: he was on the cover of SWAT magazine, and a cable show about "warriors" or something.

I don't think it quite worked out the way he hoped.

And some would be wrong, aside from putting a tq on, the best immediate care you can provide is to surpress the incoming fire. That said Yager did neither. He admits to taking cover in a location where he could not see to effectually put lead on target.

What he did do was, put the vehicle in a compromising situation, stall it, fail to perform correct immediate action. Bail from a operable vehicle, stranding the rest of the team, and then place the vehicle between him and the enemy so that he could neither support his guys, or function in any way that supported the group effort.

I have 19 year olds who perform better.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:36   #181
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Interesting perspective.

Do you think the whole "warrior mentality" in civilian training schools are a result of an active war? Is it schools catering to wannabees, or wannabees driving the curriculum?

That since we are in a shooting war, the wannabees want military styled training?
The issue is compounded by the GWOT.

To paraphrase GSP (NOT the Canadian!):

Quote:
Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the Global War on Terror?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana."
Palahniuk called out the separate modern emasculation phenomenon in 1996. The major departure from Fight Club is that hand to hand combat hurts, creates injuries, and leaves scars. These folks don't want any of that!

Then there's the whole consumerism of the "tactical" thing, which is another polar opposite...

I'm going to stop myself before I get sidetracked on Fight Club.

The "Other Priorities" crew has always had their excuses well rehearsed, but in an effort to seem less transparent they train these skills as a cover up for their shame and insecurity at never having done anything or having any experiences.

The character and the role may be fraudulent, but the basic, individual skills are at least (usually... for the most part) real.

The problem with this situation is exposed however when one wants to "talk the talk" and it's clear that they've never "walked the walk."

They will quickly tell you that they may not have walked the walk, but they're "ready"... just as soon as Jihad gets in between them and a McDonald's Drive Thru or they are drafted into the service of their country- they have taken Tactical Carbine I-III and Elite Pistol Operator IV with Freddy Cheeseburger!

Trainers provide these incomplete men with a sense of being "ready" for Warfare... and it doesn't matter how ready they truly are, or even the credentials of the trainer.

Consider this: One of the best and most successful trainers today has zero experience in the GWOT. Does that make him a bad instructor? NO.

He is the most successful instructor because he delivers the total package- Good instructional method, solid skills and curriculum, AND he looks good, has a swagger, and imparts manliness and machismo into his students. Yes... looking good is part of it, because it's important to be able to charm and seduce your audience.

We see the extreme of this when one trainer or another has "referent power" over his disciples and they seek to emulate him. An attack on him is an attack on them, and they will vocally defend their chosen leader- we have seen it in this very thread, and can also bee seen on the 4 million "What kind of shades/ pants/ boots..." threads.

I find it interesting too to note what kind of person seeks out what kind of trainer, because I think it points to what they are missing as a person, or what is lacking in their life.

The Magpul guys (when they were together) had mass appeal. Gabe Suarez with his "grab and stab" and "ripping bursts" has a whole different appeal. Yeager has his youtube opinions and standing downrange thing (actually, Suarez has that too...).

So long as you feel like you got what you paid for at the end of the day, it's all good for America.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 15:08   #182
Mr.Reignman

Quote:
So when you are under fire, and one of your team is has been hit, you think the priority is to render aid, while still taking fire? You are not concerned with the guys sending bullets your way?

If you read the AAR, one of the fallen told another who was trying to help, that he was shot in the leg, as he said it, more rounds hit him in the neck and head, killing him.

It might be another perspective, differing from your own, that the highest priority is to stop the source of the gun fire. From your perspective, he should have ignored the gun fire that was penetrating the car and doing damage, so he could stop the bleeding. How does all of them being killed make the situation better?

What if the guy giving aid had actually returned fire instead of triage? Would that have kept the shooter from sending the rounds that ended up killing? Would the shooters have given up and left sooner?

There are any number of ways to slice this incident, while sitting comfortably at our computers. That's why I say that my issues with Yeager are many, but I won't cheap shot him over Iraq. I wasn't there.

Clint Smith likes to say that incoming rounds have the right of way. If incoming rounds have priority, then the person sending those rounds also has priority.
Spoken like a true survivor. Well put.
Old 01-01-2013, 15:34   #183
shotgunred
reloading nut

Like him or hate him we are talking about him. At the end of the day he is going to make more money because people are talking about him.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 16:40   #184
fusegsp

RED HOT UPDATE! James Yeager appears topless in this months issue of Combat Magazine. He penned some article about fitness. Who the hell buys a gun magazine for fitness advice?

Last edited by fusegsp; 01-01-2013 at 16:44..
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 16:42   #185
jakebrake
cracker

any publicity is good publicity.....

however...

when you alienate your intended target market, you really aren't helping your business.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent

Last edited by jakebrake; 01-01-2013 at 16:42..
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:18   #186
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

I never heard of this tool until I read this thread.

I did watch the videos of his cameraman going down a hot range and I watched his Yeager's response to criticism of that action. In his response Yeager said safety is an illusion and we're never really safe. Basically, his cameraman took a calculated risk they judged to be okay and that we should stop worrying about safety so much.

What an idiot. Carry that fatalistic arguement to its logical end and anyone worried about protecting themselves is an idiot. We're all idiots! Following Yeager's thinking, we're all going to die (fact) and safety is an illusion; ergo, we should sell our guns and vote for Barbara Boxer and Feinstein.

Last edited by TX OMFS; 01-01-2013 at 17:20..
TX OMFS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 17:34   #187
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Was that back when he was ragged on because he was a small town cop who overinflated his resume and tried to act like he was a Mayberry tactical operator on loan to the CIA? I figured the biggest motivation for his Iraq misadventure, besides money, was to try to put something legitimate on his resume.
Wow, "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind. His resume was quite a bit better off without Iraq.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 22:32   #188
alexanderg23

Who has actually been to some of his classes?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12   #189
jdw174

If you get a "kick" out of his videos, go and take a gander at his website forums. Woe be unto those who say anything derogatory about the "master" on those pages. You'll think you got piled onto by a pack of rabid dogs...
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57   #190
alexanderg23

1911 do suck if you're talking about a tough combat handgun.... The guy in the car got his head blown off, not much help he was going to be to him. The other 2 cars were disabled so what should he of done, just drive away? Getting out of a bullet magnet and finding some cover sounds like a great idea...they weren't in a armored humvee they were in a BMW. I've watches a lot of his videos and like most of what he has to say. Says they've trained 18,000 people and he is a guest instructor at Thunder Ranch both of which are impressive.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14   #191
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
1911 do suck if you're talking about a tough combat handgun.... The guy in the car got his head blown off, not much help he was going to be to him. The other 2 cars were disabled so what should he of done, just drive away? Getting out of a bullet magnet and finding some cover sounds like a great idea...they weren't in a armored humvee they were in a BMW. I've watches a lot of his videos and like most of what he has to say. Says they've trained 18,000 people and he is a guest instructor at Thunder Ranch both of which are impressive.
That's all fine and good, except for the fact it's all untrue.......

Only vehicle 2 was disabled (they drove the other 2 away) and the guy who was hit in the head was in a different vehicle....

Every other member of the team tried to engage the vehicle that was firing at them, and id'd the shooters in a white Suburban. How do you miss a white American SUV in Iraq with machine gun fire coming from it?

How is it, that he fired half a mag trying to surpress the area the shots were coming from, but couldn't locate the source , but then managed to put the vehicle between himself and threat?

I don't fault him for the ambush happening, that wasn't his fault. But his actions, are indefensible.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59   #192
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Palahniuk called out the separate modern emasculation phenomenon in 1996. The major departure from Fight Club is that hand to hand combat hurts, creates injuries, and leaves scars. These folks don't want any of that!

Then there's the whole consumerism of the "tactical" thing, which is another polar opposite...

I'm going to stop myself before I get sidetracked on Fight Club.

The "Other Priorities" crew has always had their excuses well rehearsed, but in an effort to seem less transparent they train these skills as a cover up for their shame and insecurity at never having done anything or having any experiences.

The character and the role may be fraudulent, but the basic, individual skills are at least (usually... for the most part) real.

The problem with this situation is exposed however when one wants to "talk the talk" and it's clear that they've never "walked the walk."

They will quickly tell you that they may not have walked the walk, but they're "ready"... just as soon as Jihad gets in between them and a McDonald's Drive Thru or they are drafted into the service of their country- they have taken Tactical Carbine I-III and Elite Pistol Operator IV with Freddy Cheeseburger!

Trainers provide these incomplete men with a sense of being "ready" for Warfare... and it doesn't matter how ready they truly are, or even the credentials of the trainer.

Consider this: One of the best and most successful trainers today has zero experience in the GWOT. Does that make him a bad instructor? NO.

He is the most successful instructor because he delivers the total package- Good instructional method, solid skills and curriculum, AND he looks good, has a swagger, and imparts manliness and machismo into his students. Yes... looking good is part of it, because it's important to be able to charm and seduce your audience.

We see the extreme of this when one trainer or another has "referent power" over his disciples and they seek to emulate him. An attack on him is an attack on them, and they will vocally defend their chosen leader- we have seen it in this very thread, and can also bee seen on the 4 million "What kind of shades/ pants/ boots..." threads.

I find it interesting too to note what kind of person seeks out what kind of trainer, because I think it points to what they are missing as a person, or what is lacking in their life.

The Magpul guys (when they were together) had mass appeal. Gabe Suarez with his "grab and stab" and "ripping bursts" has a whole different appeal. Yeager has his youtube opinions and standing downrange thing (actually, Suarez has that too...).

So long as you feel like you got what you paid for at the end of the day, it's all good for America.

That's interesting. I know a guy, a likable fellow, who likes to talk about how Billy Badass he is, but he lets another guy push him around, and walk all over him. He watches the MMA fights etc. He was all set to go into the marines after high school, until his father, who fought in the Pacific theater with the marines, "talked him out of it". This was a few years after Viet Nam, and there were no shooting wars. It just never added up. He is a nice enough guy, but the whole Billy Badass routine doesn't seem to fit what I see day to day.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 01-02-2013, 09:20   #193
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
Who has actually been to some of his classes?
A few of us here did when he was with OPS, and it was good training. That was in 2000-01-02 timeframe. I haven't since he started Tactical Response and since Iraq. I was tempted to when he first started TR, but there are things I've heard about his classes that I disagree with. Things that I feel are fundamentally wrong, are are done just for the sake of doing things different.

The requirement for "One Open Mind", means that you are going to be shown the TR ways of doing things, and you don't dare question them, even if they are counter productive, more difficult to do under extreme pressure, induce failure, and are more time consuming. I can understand him not wanting to have the same argument over and over in his classes, but there are things that just don't make sense to me.

That's why I say my issues are many, but I don't Keyboard Commando the Iraq thing.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 01-02-2013, 16:07   #194
INJoker
Simply Charming

I have nothing valuable to add to this thread.

That said:

Until this thread, I had no idea who James Yeager is

Once I read this thread, I remembered him from that One Man Army show

That One Man Army show sucked

My favorite guy on that One Man Army show was the gorilla that was an AF PJ & Delta(!)

Based on my research, I would not personally attend a James Yeager course

Having never attended one, I have no idea what goes on in his courses - nor do I care

I do not care because I will never personally attend a James Yeager course
Old 01-02-2013, 19:42   #195
PBR Sailor

What is James Yeager's GlockTalk user name? There is not much activity under the name "Yeager".

Last edited by PBR Sailor; 01-02-2013 at 19:44..
PBR Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 22:13   #196
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:

That's why I say my issues are many, but I don't Keyboard Commando the Iraq thing.

Awfully easy to see his arse running for the ditch!
After action report did not read in his favor either!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 22:19   #197
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Awfully easy to see his arse running for the ditch!
After action report did not read in his favor either!
yeah i just saw video first time the other night . you watch some action go down , then you see this LITTLE ***** RUN THE OTHER WAY AND HIDE IN DITCH

I SAID outloud OMG looks like Mario from super mario game running that fast . wife asked why i laughed s o hard lol
*ASH* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40   #198
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
yeah i just saw video first time the other night . you watch some action go down , then you see this LITTLE ***** RUN THE OTHER WAY AND HIDE IN DITCH

I SAID outloud OMG looks like Mario from super mario game running that fast . wife asked why i laughed s o hard lol
That's all fine and good. One question though. Have you ever been in a gunfight?
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39   #199
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
That's all fine and good. One question though. Have you ever been in a gunfight?
Nope. Never have, and hopefully never will. Have you?

Last edited by Roger1079; 01-03-2013 at 07:39..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:04   #200
SouthpawG26

Hey can we change the subject and instead talk about a really good instructor?

Someone like, ooh, I dunno,..

Rob Pincus® ™ⓒ and his Techniques® ™ⓒ????

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 01-03-2013 at 18:04..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote