Old 12-31-2012, 02:48   #152
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i kid you not , until this thread i had no idea this guy existed
This^
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:50   #153
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Yeager's internet threats to fight remind me of people you arrest, who are sitting in handcuffs, saying "Take these off and I'll whip your ass," and you respond, "If I say you could whip my ass, would you just shut up?"
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47   #154
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Reignman View Post
Ahhhh another who thinks sitting in a bullet magnet is an act of heroism
No, but helping the fallen rather than laying in a ditch taking a nap is.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:07   #155
SouthpawG26

I'm not picking on him because of the incident in Iraq or the some Glock fanboy rant on other guns.

If you think all the commotion in this thread is totally unwarranted, ill gladly put up your one day tuition fee for his handgun course, provided you will be the range photographer for the course, and provide the same awesome and totally safe footage (after all, none of the safety rules are being broken, no?, and besides, its just stress inoculation for a "real" operator) standing one foot beside a target that's being shot at. According to James the secondary benefit is that you make make that particular shooter more accurate than he or she ever was.

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 12-31-2012 at 08:14..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:49   #156
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawG26 View Post
I'm not picking on him because of the incident in Iraq or the some Glock fanboy rant on other guns.

If you think all the commotion in this thread is totally unwarranted, ill gladly put up your one day tuition fee for his handgun course, provided you will be the range photographer for the course, and provide the same awesome and totally safe footage (after all, none of the safety rules are being broken, no?, and besides, its just stress inoculation for a "real" operator) standing one foot beside a target that's being shot at. According to James the secondary benefit is that you make make that particular shooter more accurate than he or she ever was.
2009 6 25 Tactical Response photographer - YouTube
Again, what thinking person would keep participating in this course after seeing this?

Only someone who hasn't received much training and figures this must be normal, I would guess.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25   #157
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Yeager is like Saurez, his attitude and style appeals to fringe groups who will hero worship them and then ignore all wrongs they do.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:46   #158
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Again, what thinking person would keep participating in this course after seeing this?

Only someone who hasn't received much training and figures this must be normal, I would guess.
Anyone with ANY common sense should know there is nothing normal about it. It breaks one of the cardinal rules of gun safety. If I took his class and a photographer was standing or kneeling next to my target or anywhere on the live range for that matter, I would refuse to shoot. PERIOD. Even though they are shooting from what looks like 3 yards and missing the target is damn near impossible at that distance, it takes very little for an accident to happen.

Any instructor that would encourage this behavior is both stupid and grossly negligent. Not to mention the cameraman. I don't even know what the hell he is thinking standing out there. In my eyes, he is dumber than his boss who put him out there.

I think even Charles Darwin would hang his head in shame if he saw any of those videos.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16   #159
camdenshooter

I live in the same town as the moron all they do is shoot card board and prance around like fairies. Lets talk about his appearance on one man army. He got beat by someone who was gay.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:00   #160
dsm007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
For those that aren't in the know, this pic is not of James Yeager, it's a pic of a tranny. "He" has lady parts down under.

Don't ask how I know this. LOL
Buck Angel,I remember seeing her..oops I mean him on a talk show a couple years ago.
dsm007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07   #161
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
It's not about "coward" or "brave", it's about "stupid" and "smart".

grown men who challenge other grown men to fights over words (words typed on the internet by anonymous jacktards no less) are STUPID.

I think the challenge is more childish than stupid. He knows nobody is going to take him up on it, so that is a safe bet. That's why they hide behind the internet, and why he issued he challenge. But IMO, it doesn't help his business.

I guess when you are constantly beeing insulted by anonymous keyboard commandos, your mind gets clouded. But Yeager has been so far "out there" the last few years, I don't think I can ever understand what he is thinking.

What WAS stupid, was to go to Iraq in the first place. I don't know what kind of training the contracting companies give, but I would think the only smart way to be over there is as part of a military, with individuals you've trained with, and are comfortable with, and have various levels of back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Was that back when he was ragged on because he was a small town cop who overinflated his resume and tried to act like he was a Mayberry tactical operator on loan to the CIA? that was the beginning of the end for T&T I figured the biggest motivation for his Iraq misadventure, besides money, was to try to put something legitimate on his resume. my bet too
Pretty much, yes. IIRC, the whole point shooting thing was an issue too. Yeager was against it, and others were rabid about it being the best. The point shooters (who were really no-names) would **** on every thread Yeager and others posted in. That was back in the day after the GT T&T forum was about the best on the web, was interesting, educational and informative. That was part of the decline. Looking at your joined date, you weren't around back then. T&T here used to be the shizznit. 2000 to about 2002. The egos caused it to self implode. There were a lot of people posting some interesting information, and that was before they all adapted the "Warrior Mentality" that thinks civilians should train, think, and act like professional soldiers in combat zones.

My joined date was 10-2001. That's the time frame when Yeager was with OPS and holding classes at Rangemaster. It was good training, and he was a good trainer. But it was pretty much known that what he was training was what he had learned at other schools, and that was fine with me.

When he spun off on his own, and started Tactical Response, that's when he started the tough guy, billy bad ass routine, and I think went to Iraq to get some street cred. Well, that backfired, didn't it.

Suarez is mentioned above. He used to come to Rangemater too, and is another who seems to have deep ended with the whole warrior training schtick. (I like Gabe and enjoyed training with him) For some reason, they seem to think that they have to act like they live in a war zone, and it's the only way to be taken seriously as a trainer.

There is something odd to me about 450 pound civilians wearing digital camo, crawling under barbed wire through mud, while blanks and tracers are being fired overhead. (a bit of exaggeration, but I suspect you get the point) I just don't get the whole "Warrior Mentality" for civilians.

But, if you read the training company newsletters, you can usually find a couple tidbits of interesting info, or a useful perspective that can actually apply to civilian life.

FWIW: there are several of us here who were making the training rounds in the early 2000's. We took everything Rangemaster had, and kept seeing each other in the classes. It was Yeager talking about Glock Talk that made us aware this site was on the web. Me personally, I didn't know there were sites like this. Any time Rangemaster hosted a visiting trainer, Suarez, Stanford, Yeager, and others I cannot recall right now, we all attended. That kept people coming by, and got us some pretty good training.

LINGUS OUT (<---- a shot at the wannabees)

A Nation of Cowards

Hey Yeager: Youtube is NOT your friend, and doesn't help your business.
Gunny Lingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11   #162
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdenshooter View Post
I live in the same town as the moron all they do is shoot card board and prance around like fairies.
That's funny. But I don't think 450 pound men, wearing digital camo, crawling under barbed wire through the mud while blanks and tracers are being fired over head is they way fairies prance.

But your point is well taken.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 12-31-2012, 11:34   #163
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Lingus View Post
I just don't get the whole "Warrior Mentality" for civilians.
Re-look the timeline that you posted.

Once the GWOT kicked off and reached full swing, the "other priorities" crew needed to feel like they were "ready."

Quote:
"I can't join the Army because I've got flat feet/ asthma/ astigmatism/ whatever but I'm 'ready' if jihad ever pops up between me and the fridge during the commercial break of a televised sports game."
Quote:
"I don't deal with authority too well/ I'm too independent/ too smart/ I can't listen to anyone, but as a one man army I'm 'ready' for whatever 'the terrorists' want to bring.
Quote:
"All they need to do is make the call if they need me. I'll fight for my country if I'm drafted into service. I'd probably work better for the CIA because of all the 'high level training' I've paid to receive from various loudmouth clowns"
A friend of mine from high school has no service to his name, but has made a great deal of money quickly and easily by being a genius when it comes to marketing to this crowd...

From a psychological perspective he is providing a very valuable service to incomplete, broken, emasculated men.

Remember Fight Club?

Quote:
"We're a generation of men raised by women.... We have no Great War..."
Well we got our Great War... so now if you look in the mirror and see a big fat *****, it's you're own damn fault...

(a shot at the wannabees indeed!)
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52   #164
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
No, but helping the fallen rather than laying in a ditch taking a nap is.
So when you are under fire, and one of your team is has been hit, you think the priority is to render aid, while still taking fire? You are not concerned with the guys sending bullets your way?

If you read the AAR, one of the fallen told another who was trying to help, that he was shot in the leg, as he said it, more rounds hit him in the neck and head, killing him.

It might be another perspective, differing from your own, that the highest priority is to stop the source of the gun fire. From your perspective, he should have ignored the gun fire that was penetrating the car and doing damage, so he could stop the bleeding. How does all of them being killed make the situation better?

What if the guy giving aid had actually returned fire instead of triage? Would that have kept the shooter from sending the rounds that ended up killing? Would the shooters have given up and left sooner?

There are any number of ways to slice this incident, while sitting comfortably at our computers. That's why I say that my issues with Yeager are many, but I won't cheap shot him over Iraq. I wasn't there.

Clint Smith likes to say that incoming rounds have the right of way. If incoming rounds have priority, then the person sending those rounds also has priority.

A Nation of Cowards

Last edited by Gunny Lingus; 12-31-2012 at 11:57..
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56   #165
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Re-look the timeline that you posted.

Once the GWOT kicked off and reached full swing, the "other priorities" crew needed to feel like they were "ready."

Interesting perspective.

Do you think the whole "warrior mentality" in civilian training schools are a result of an active war? Is it schools catering to wannabees, or wannabees driving the curriculum?

That since we are in a shooting war, the wannabees want military styled training?

A Nation of Cowards

Old 12-31-2012, 12:18   #166
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Lingus View Post
It might be another perspective, differing from your own, that the highest priority is to stop the source of the gun fire. From your perspective, he should have ignored the gun fire that was penetrating the car and doing damage, so he could stop the bleeding. How does all of them being killed make the situation better?
He did ignore the gunfire. He couldn't even tell where it was coming from based on the AAR.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22   #167
Andy W

Quote:
I live in the same town as the moron all they do is shoot card board and prance around like fairies. Lets talk about his appearance on one man army. He got beat by someone who was gay.
What are you talking about?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:09   #168
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
He did ignore the gunfire. He couldn't even tell where it was coming from based on the AAR.
You basically posted that Yeager should have ignored the fact they were under fire, and focused on treating the wounds of the guy who was hit in the initial contact. That's the way you see it from your keyboard.

Did you not notice that there were designated medics? And Yeager was NOT a designated medic. You seem to want to ignore that fact. Why do you think they designate medics on those "missions"?

If Yeager had dropped his weapon, and started treating wounds, and more people had died, you would say he was wrong to assume the duties of a medic when he wasn't a designated medic.

What kind of gear do you think a medic carries, that a driver doesn't?

Sitting at your keyboard, you opine that both Yeager AND the car medic should have attended "the fallen", because a the medic already was working on the injured. Then who in the car is responsible for defending? Who identifies the threat and returns fire?

Yeager FAILED MISERABLY as the driver. But Yeager was not in "command", and Yeager was NOT the medic. Sitting at your keyboard, you think Yeager should have been superman and fulfilled all roles. It's odd that in your own way, you seem to think as highly of Yeager's skills as Yeager does.

But, if nobody had returned fire, and everyone would have dropped their weapons and started treating the wounded, more people would have probably died.

Again, my issues with Yeager are many, but I am not going to cheap shot him over Iraq.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 12-31-2012, 16:02   #169
SouthpawG26

Just as I suspected, Gunny Lingus is a fervent Master Debater.....
Old 12-31-2012, 16:11   #170
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Have you called him a coward so he can break your back? And what does him being beat by a gay guy have anything to do with anything? I know plenty of gay guys who I am sure could beat your ass.
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 16:40   #171
Jay S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
I know plenty of gay guys who I am sure could beat your ass.
This thread took a weird turn. Lol
Jay S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 16:59   #172
saddlebum

Quote:
The Unbiased Truth About the Coward James Yeager - YouTube

He runs away and lays down 34 minutes in.
looks like he does exactly what you're supposed to do when your vehicle is disabled. get out of kill zone,seek cover, return fire, i'm i missing something?
saddlebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 17:17   #173
raven11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebum View Post
looks like he does exactly what you're supposed to do when your vehicle is disabled. get out of kill zone,seek cover, return fire, i'm i missing something?
leave your buddies there to die
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 17:24   #174
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebum View Post
Vehicle was fully operational. Never returned fire, just randomly fired.....

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 17:27   #175
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
This is exactly why the US military is good. (and why disciplined military units normally function better than loose groups). It takes them a lot more before they react on instinct. People who have more training and experience normally make better decisions under pressure and fall back on that training and experience.

Yes, nature is part of it, but I dont think it is all of it (I would say less than 50%)
probably the fact that he was the reason the vehicle was "disabled". he is the one that took it out of gear and then in his panic forgot that fact.