Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:11   #126
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

I trained with Yeager when he was with OPS. I think the OP is mistaken because I think Yeager doesn't want anyone who shoots anything but Glock in his classes. People who shoot other weapons are ragged on, insulted, talked to like idiots, talked to like children, constantly told their $800 weapon isn't dependable and his $400 weapon is better, and there is a serious attempt to get them to do things to cause their weapon to fail to prove his point.

Someone labeled him as the Founder of the Glock Fan Boy Club, and that is an understatement. I think Yeager is the type of guy who wants to be surrounded only by people of like mind, and doesn't like a differing perspective. I don't think he wants your money if you shoot a 1911, a Sig, Walther, or HK. He knows those will do everything his precious Glock. But at least he saved $400 on his.

If he was after 1911 owners money, wouldn't he have classes on the 1911? He might and I just don't know about it. If the 1911 is so popular, wouldn't a Single Action class bring in a lot of money? His slogan: "If you shoot 1911, we can teach you how to keep it running". I think he is missing an opportunity to make money.

Yeager didn't run away from that car because he was scared. He ran away because someone inside owned a 1911, and in his eyes, they weren't worth fighting with.

A Nation of Cowards

Hey Yeager: Youtube is NOT your friend, and doesn't help your business.
Gunny Lingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:13   #127
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
The "extremely low quality" guys are those just chasing a better payout than fast food or auto repair can provide, and are usually either a thrice divorced recovering alcoholic Alabama State Trooper or just a life long loser with a personality disorder.
Now we know which category Mr. Yeager belongs to. Thanks for clearing that up.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:20   #128
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:

Key word being Soldiers.
PMCs are soldiers for hire....

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:24   #129
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
PMCs are soldiers for hire....
Wrong.

They are guns for hire. Nothing more.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30   #130
Roger1079

Quote:
Wrong.

Regardless, I wonder if part of Mr. Yeager's training classes involve running and hiding in a ditch abandoning everyone else to get killed the second a shot is fired.

I guess the old saying is true. Those who can do, do and those who can't teach.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12   #131
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I don't know the guy and don't care but I hardly see taking a defensive position before returning fire, running. He can't drag the others with them. I guess I'm not as macho as some of you guy would be to hang around and take a bullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:33   #132
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I don't know the guy and don't care but I hardly see taking a defensive position before returning fire, running. He can't drag the others with them. I guess I'm not as macho as some of you guy would be to hang around and take a bullet.
I didn't want to get into the Iraq thing, but the way I read the AAR, the guy in his car was killed in the initial action, before he ran for the median.

It's easy being a tough guy on the internet, that's what the internet and forums like this are for. You have to let the internet tough guys do their thing, so they can feel big and bad and superior.

Yeager was a member here before all that happened. He was very opinionated and became a lightning rod for his enemies on every thread he participated in. I suspect a lot of this is residual, and is a chance for his enemies to have something to use against him.

A big difference between Yeager and his detractors, is that Yeager doesn't hide behind a screen name, which is a form of cowardice in itself. His user name here was "Yeager", and "Jim Yeager" on other forums. Yeager puts his name on his opinions and his posts, whether we agree with them or not. Applying the mentality of his detractors, that makes him more of a man than any of them.

My issues with Yeager are many, and have nothing to do with Iraq. But I won't use it to cheap shot him.

A Nation of Cowards

Last edited by Gunny Lingus; 12-29-2012 at 11:34..
Old 12-29-2012, 11:53   #133
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
I hear you. One sight of Yeager, without the anonymity of the internet, and you'll run faster in the other direction than Yeager did running to that median. You don't have the balls to call him coward without hiding behind your internet connection. Apparently, you are too yellow to face him and say any of it to his face. But that's okay, it's the internet. That's what the internet is for.

Back on topic: I completely disagree with the premise of the OP. All the crap he spews does NOT cause people to come to his class to prove him wrong. There may be a sliver of population who likes what he says, so they take his classes. Glocks are very popular, and have a rabid fan boy following. It would probably attract shooters of like mind to come to his classes, so they can all basturmate while looking at Glocks and pictures of Glocks. Budget pistol types are like that.

Yeager is very controversial, and his detractors come to these threads with a prejudice. I have been called all kinds of vile crap by the cowards who won't face Yeager for no other reason than I won't criticize him. Me and a few other members here trained with Yeager when he was OPS and went to Rangemaster in Memphis. Yeager is who got a lot of us signed up here. Glock Talk always came up in his classes.

Yeager is the President, Founder, and CEO of Glock Fan Boys International. He holds the patent on Glock Kool-Aid. He doesn't say what he says as a gauntlet to 1911 fan boys. He says it because he believes it. Does controversy help his business? I don't know. Before Iraq, he was a good trainer. He was funny as hell, and a lot of fun to train with. In all honesty, I don't much like what I've been seeing from him. I don't know if there is a reason he doesn't train at Rangemaster any more, other than maybe no longer being OPS. Or maybe he does, and I just don't know it.

I don't fault Yeager for Iraq because I wasn't there. I've watched that video dozens of times, and I cannot make much out of it. I guess he was supposed to die that day.

One thing is certain though. If I have anything to say to Yeager, I'll say it to his face, instead of taking a cowards way and doing it anonymously on the internet.

It's funny how anonymous people call other people cowards, when the behavior they participate in, is the very definition of a coward.

Why don't some of you tough guys post your own video on youtube, showing your face, telling the world your name, where you live, where you work, where you can be found, and then say all this about Yeager? If you don't, YOU are a coward. I won't hold my breath.

The Okie Corral

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 16:02   #134
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

I remember one video where he said he want the people who called him a coward over iraq to come and say it to his face while he was at shot show, then went on to say hed kick their ass and break their back. So basically was saying he'd rather commit a felonony than defend his actions.
Old 12-29-2012, 16:53   #135
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
The Okie Corral
He wouldn't be squat without the tat's.

Everyone is afraid of the tat's.

What a bad ass!

What a fricken wannabe

(I can't call him gay since I wouldn't insult the homosexual community like that.)

Last edited by NEOH212; 12-29-2012 at 16:55..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 16:56   #136
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Wrong.

Not any of the ones I ever worked with.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 17:17   #137
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
I remember one video where he said he want the people who called him a coward over iraq to come and say it to his face while he was at shot show, then went on to say hed kick their ass and break their back. So basically was saying he'd rather commit a felonony than defend his actions.
I think he knows that none of the internet tough guys who hide behind screen names are going to show up to take his challenge. But then, we all knew that when we saw the video.

It was as safe bet for Yeager, as childish as it was. He knows nobody will say it to his face, internet tough guys don't work like that.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 12-29-2012, 18:33   #138
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Wrong.

My, my.

What an ugly thing to say.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 18:50   #139
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Lingus View Post
I think he knows that none of the internet tough guys who hide behind screen names are going to show up to take his challenge. But then, we all knew that when we saw the video.

It was as safe bet for Yeager, as childish as it was. He knows nobody will say it to his face, internet tough guys don't work like that.
it's a safe bet because no reasonably intelligent person is going to take time out of their life to go to TN or wherever he lives to call that idiot a coward to his face. It has nothing to do with "internet tough guys" that are "afraid" to say it to him. Most of us are actual grown men who have jobs, families and lives. In other words way better things to do than go show up at some retard's house just to see who could kick who's ass.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 18:56   #140
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Not to mention that most of us won't call him a coward when hes threatened to use physical violence. I for one won't fight unless I have to. Not going to go out of my way to start one.
Old 12-29-2012, 19:44   #141
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
Most of us are actual grown men who have jobs, families and lives. In other words way better things to do than go show up at some retard's house just to see who could kick who's ass.
I don't really keep up with the tough guys to know if you are one of the ones making all the bad ass statements. But do you really think those who do are "grown men"? If so, you still have a lot to learn in life.

The tough guys spew garbage pretending to be bad ass just like Yeager spewed garbage challenging them to say it to his face. The GT tough guys aren't going to take him up on the challenge, and Yeager and the internet tough guys know it.

That's why I say I have plenty issues with Yeager, have stated some of them to his face, but don't have to make any up. But Yeager knows as well as you and I, the Glock Talk tough guy contingent aren't going to face him. They are too cowardly. It shows they are more cowardly than him because he won't kill them, so they might even have a chance. He'll kick their arse, and post a video of it, but he won't kill them. But since they are too cowardly to show up, the point is moot.

It's like what I tell fellow conservatives about Hussein Obama. There are plenty issues and reasons to criticize and dislike him, so you really don't have to make stuff up.

A Nation of Cowards

Old 12-29-2012, 19:48   #142
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
Not to mention that most of us won't call him a coward when hes threatened to use physical violence. I for one won't fight unless I have to. Not going to go out of my way to start one.
Yeager knows nobody is going to take him up on it, so he can spew that stupid crap all day long and never have to back it up: although I and his enemies know he can. He knows the kind of people they are, hiding behind internet screen names, totally nutless and afraid to say it to his face. But, he makes a point.

It's like childish school yard bravado. I don't have any respect for either side of this situation.

A Nation of Cowards

Last edited by Gunny Lingus; 12-29-2012 at 19:49..
Old 12-29-2012, 20:09   #143
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
I don't really keep up with the tough guys to know if you are one of the ones making all the bad ass statements. But do you really think those who do are "grown men"? If so, you still have a lot to learn in life.

The tough guys spew garbage pretending to be bad ass just like Yeager spewed garbage challenging them to say it to his face. The GT tough guys aren't going to take him up on the challenge, and Yeager and the internet tough guys know it.

That's why I say I have plenty issues with Yeager, have stated some of them to his face, but don't have to make any up. But Yeager knows as well as you and I, the Glock Talk tough guy contingent aren't going to face him. They are too cowardly. It shows they are more cowardly than him because he won't kill them, so they might even have a chance. He'll kick their arse, and post a video of it, but he won't kill them. But since they are too cowardly to show up, the point is moot.

It's like what I tell fellow conservatives about Hussein Obama. There are plenty issues and reasons to criticize and dislike him, so you really don't have to make stuff up.
I guess you are not picking up what I was putting down.

It's not about "coward" or "brave", it's about "stupid" and "smart".

grown men who challenge other grown men to fights over words (words typed on the internet by anonymous jacktards no less) are STUPID.

I'm not a soldier, never have been. I did not see him in Iraq, do not particularly care what he did there.

Don't need to. I already know he's a dumbass, that's all I need to know in my book.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 20:09   #144
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Runaway Yeager is a coward, he looks like a closet fruit too.

X0X0 Internet Tough Guy.
Old 12-29-2012, 21:20   #145
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
Runaway Yeager is a coward, he looks like a closet fruit too.

X0X0 Internet Tough Guy.

No ****. I never realized that criticizing anyone on the internet makes one a "coward." If true, I should be the Treasury Department's enemy number one. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 21:30   #146
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

The Okie Corral
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:24   #147
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
James Yeager is a smart guy. Yes, I said it, and it's true. Do you allow yourself to get hacked off at stuff he says that you disagree with? If yes, James Yeager loves you. He's running a business, and he has stuff to sell. By being controversial, he gets his name out there, keeps it out there, and keeps interest in his products high.

Do 1911's really suck? Of course they don't, and James Yeager doesn't really believe that. But how many people do you think come and spend a pile money to bring their 1911's to his classes to try to prove him wrong? Probably more than you might think.

Should all guns really be Glock 19's? No, and James Yeager knows that. But by recommending the Glock 19, he is helping his classes to be successful. Glock 19's are ubiquitous. So are holsters, magazines, parts, just about anything you might need for a Glock 19 is probably available almost anywhere that guns are sold.

This means he won't lose customers at the gun store. If he recommended something else. Oh, say a Walther PPQ or a Sig 226, they may or may not have it. The customer goes in and asks for it, and the salesman says sorry, we don't have it. How about this M&P instead? No, says the customer, I HAVE to have the xxxx for this class I'm going to.

Why are you wasting so much money on that class, says the salesman? James Yeager is an idiot. We have a class right here that will teach you the same stuff for $100. In fact, one is meeting this Saturday morning....

If they go in and ask for a G19... that will almost never happen. "Well, sir, I don't have one today, but I can get you one from our other store."

When the customer gets to the class with his G19, he will have the same gun as a whole bunch of his classmates, and that will make him feel secure.

Chances are, his new G19 will run just fine and take him through the entire course with no problems. On the off chance that something does go wrong- maybe he forgot to bring his extra magazines, or something- it's likely that ether other classmates, or even Yeager's company, will have spares. If his gun breaks, spare parts will be readily available.

The customer will have a good experience and will come back again, and may even recommend it to his friends.

Meanwhile, some other guy who spends twice as much money on a new 1911 and .45 ACP ammo, but doesn't take the time to break it in, may find that his gun won't work right. He will be ridiculed by his Glock fan classmates, and be forced to finish the course with a borrowed G19. He not only will not come back, but will tell his friends to stay away.

Oh, and what about 1911 guy who wants to show Yeager up? Well, since his gun is probably well broken in, and he's fired it so much it's like an extension of his hand, his gun probably will run through the class with flying colors. He will have a great experience there and will go home and brag about it. Score another one for Yeager.

Personally? I think Yeager is pretty entertaining, and I respect his ability to sell his company. But I'd rather put my time and energy to much better use- like debating about 9mm vs. 45, or AR vs. Ak.
James Yeager talks a lot of good sense but I get the impression he feels that anything not done his way is, by definition, wrong.

I find him entertaining too, but, as a British Army vet, I've found that men who have seen action are usually a good deal quieter and more relaxed than Mr Yeager. Unless they're suffering from a big dose of PTSD, of course. On the other hand, maybe that's part of his sales pitch, too.

Last edited by taffbanjo; 12-30-2012 at 10:25..
taffbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:54   #148
Averageman

I mark it all down as marketing to the lowest common student likely to attend a "Class".

Some folks have been lucky enough to have had a professional employer, comrades in arms and some experience to achieve a level of training that was sufficient so that with continuous training it will serve them the rest of their lives.

Others think they can be belittled and ridiculed in to a level of training by a bald headed tattooed guy with a dubious past to achieve this.

I've been a lucky Man.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02   #149
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffbanjo View Post
James Yeager talks a lot of good sense but I get the impression he feels that anything not done his way is, by definition, wrong.

I find him entertaining too, but, as a British Army vet, I've found that men who have seen action are usually a good deal quieter and more relaxed than Mr Yeager. Unless they're suffering from a big dose of PTSD, of course. On the other hand, maybe that's part of his sales pitch, too.
Or a big dose of testosterone, I wonder if he was as in your face before his doc hooked him up with the T injections.
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 13:42   #150
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Yeager was a member here before all that happened. He was very opinionated and became a lightning rod for his enemies on every thread he participated in. I suspect a lot of this is residual, and is a chance for his enemies to have something to use against him.
Was that back when he was ragged on because he was a small town cop who overinflated his resume and tried to act like he was a Mayberry tactical operator on loan to the CIA? I figured the biggest motivation for his Iraq misadventure, besides money, was to try to put something legitimate on his resume.