Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 19:17   #26
shotgunred
reloading nut

I pretty sure all that ink is to hide his yellow streak.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 19:22   #27
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i kid you not , until this thread i had no idea this guy existed
And thus the OP point is proven

Like I said had he not babbled on about the worthlessness of the 1911 platform I would not know who he was either.

My personal favorite JY quote.

"A 1911 that works is as rare as a Glock that does not"

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-27-2012 at 19:22..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 19:22   #28
fusegsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
The Okie Corral
Good 'ol GNG. I post about how the guy might possibly stink, and what shows up? Graphic armpittage.
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 19:39   #29
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusegsp View Post
Good 'ol GNG. I post about how the guy might possibly stink, and what shows up? Graphic armpittage.
Old 12-27-2012, 19:59   #30
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
Maybe it's his brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Is this a sales pitch or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Looks like Yeagers press agent.

Seriously, I wasn't being facetious. I know this is GNG and all but even for GNG the bottom of the barrel got scraped.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:04   #31
Line Rider

Yeager did have a good point or two in his 1911 review. Over the last few year I been to a least two shooting schools a year, LEO only and civilian. While at these school the guns that went down most of the time where like new, high end 1911's and "tricked out" Glocks. I remember one school that I attended myself and another student got special awards for "No Malfunction". I was shooting a stock Glock 22 and other guy was shooting a DAO LE trade-in Beretta 92. At that school I saw a guy cussing his new Wilson Combat.

I haven't been to one of Yeager's class, nor do I know him, but he does have a few good points.
Old 12-27-2012, 20:06   #32
HollowHead
Firm member

Maybe he'll show up here. The thread over on GT's "Tactics & Training" section where he showed up and threatened everyone laughing at him was absolutely epic! HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:07   #33
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
Seriously, I wasn't being facetious. I know this is GNG and all but even for GNG the bottom of the barrel got scraped.
me neither .. barrel did not get scraped it got blown up 10mm style /
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:14   #34
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Maybe he'll show up here. The thread over on GT's "Tactics & Training" section where he showed up and threatened everyone laughing at him was absolutely epic! HH
Gonna need a link, please
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:15   #35
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
link?
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:18   #36
raven11

Quote:
link? need a good laugh tonight
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:25   #37
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post

Meanwhile, some other guy who spends twice as much money on a new 1911 and .45 ACP ammo, but doesn't take the time to break it in, may find that his gun won't work right. He will be ridiculed by his Glock fan classmates, and be forced to finish the course with a borrowed G19. He not only will not come back, but will tell his friends to stay away.
No, unless he's a hopeless 1911 fanboy (unlikely to be in a Glock-centric class) he'll learn something useful and get rid of his nickel=plated sissy pistol and get himself a Glock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
He's pretty fast, doubt I could even catch him
No way; Col. Yeager was the first pilot to break the sound barrier. You couldn't even fly thru his contrails.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:36   #38
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Rider View Post
Yeager did have a good point or two in his 1911 review. Over the last few year I been to a least two shooting schools a year, LEO only and civilian. While at these school the guns that went down most of the time where like new, high end 1911's and "tricked out" Glocks. I remember one school that I attended myself and another student got special awards for "No Malfunction". I was shooting a stock Glock 22 and other guy was shooting a DAO LE trade-in Beretta 92. At that school I saw a guy cussing his new Wilson Combat.

I haven't been to one of Yeager's class, nor do I know him, but he does have a few good points.
I attended a defensive pistol 2 class. I was pretty much the only student with a glock. Everyone else had a Sig P series, a Wilson 1911, a Springfield 1911, and a couple XD's. When we got to the end, we did the dueling tree. I was up against the guy with the Wilson. While he was M-F-ing his gun for stovepiping after running it all day, I finished off the dueling tree without a single malfunction.

Glocks work, they're proven to work without any "break in" or special treatment. Why you would want any less from a gun your life may depend on is beyond me.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:44   #39
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
please link, the guy is an epic *********.

I daresay I would tell him that to his face, despite the possibility that my back gets broken........
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:46   #40
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
How would you get hurt? He runs from fights.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:54   #41
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
How would you get hurt? He runs from fights.
I dunno, tattoos and schmedium Affliction shirts make you pretty tough I hear.....
Old 12-27-2012, 20:55   #42
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
I dunno, tattoos and schmedium Affliction shirts make you pretty tough I hear.....
you forgot hair gel and Oakley shades....
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 20:58   #43
HollowHead
Firm member

It was years ago. I think his name over in "Tactics and Training " was either Yeager or Mindset. Maybe a search? I'm doing this from memory. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:21   #44
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
you forgot hair gel and Oakley shades....
White Oakleys.
Old 12-27-2012, 23:28   #45
ScottieG59

The guy likes to make a fuss about things. I do not mind watching his videos. After finally getting a Glock 19, I agree that it is an excellent handgun.

Dealing with the ambush in Iraq has many thinking it is conclusive evidence James Yeager is fearful. When I have been shot at, I was also somewhat fearful. The difference was that I was facing it as a trained soldier. Police tactics have a place, but it is easy to come up short in a war zone. Another issue is that the group with Yeager seemed to be unaware how to deal with the situation.

Civilians in combat makes for some unpredictable results. Still, if you do not have your combat drills to fall back on, you are just some guy with a gun.

Maybe Yeager was expecting to capture video of combat and his effectiveness in dealing with it. Personally, I know that dealing with incoming small arms fire in a city is not easy, especially when you are in an unfamiliar unarmored rental car.

Also, sitting in an unarmored car that is stopped in very dangerous. When I was in an unarmored vehicle that had to stop, we would get out and assume a fighting position until ready to move on. Of course, you have to be careful approaching a checkpoint. You do not want to look too aggressive approaching, however, the bad guys look for that lessened readiness as one approaches checkpoints or secured compounds.

You can do it all correctly and still fail. It can happen with the best among us. Where in the order of things does one find pride?
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 23:47   #46
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post
The guy likes to make a fuss about things. I do not mind watching his videos. After finally getting a Glock 19, I agree that it is an excellent handgun.

Dealing with the ambush in Iraq has many thinking it is conclusive evidence James Yeager is fearful. When I have been shot at, I was also somewhat fearful. The difference was that I was facing it as a trained soldier. Police tactics have a place, but it is easy to come up short in a war zone. Another issue is that the group with Yeager seemed to be unaware how to deal with the situation.

Civilians in combat makes for some unpredictable results. Still, if you do not have your combat drills to fall back on, you are just some guy with a gun.

Maybe Yeager was expecting to capture video of combat and his effectiveness in dealing with it. Personally, I know that dealing with incoming small arms fire in a city is not easy, especially when you are in an unfamiliar unarmored rental car.

Also, sitting in an unarmored car that is stopped in very dangerous. When I was in an unarmored vehicle that had to stop, we would get out and assume a fighting position until ready to move on. Of course, you have to be careful approaching a checkpoint. You do not want to look too aggressive approaching, however, the bad guys look for that lessened readiness as one approaches checkpoints or secured compounds.

You can do it all correctly and still fail. It can happen with the best among us. Where in the order of things does one find pride?
I dislike the guy but good points by you.

You think he took out the rental insurance on that rental car? I bet he wishes he had if not
Old 12-28-2012, 01:08   #47
TactiCool

Found something interesting, esp. the threat he makes towards the end (20:20):

http://blog.yeagerscorner.com/2009/06/21.aspx

2ETA: Paul Howe's thoughts:

http://www.combatshootingandtactics....ate_July09.pdf

And this:

ETA: Downrange cameraman in action:

Last edited by TactiCool; 12-28-2012 at 01:27.. Reason: more links
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:32   #48
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

He talks about things in a way to get people riled up. It is obviously working out for him.

"1911's Suck"
".40's Suck"

Perfect way to boost your YouTube view ratings by saying things in a controversial way.
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53   #49
Bren
NRA Life Member

I must agree with the OP. He has to be smart. James Yeager apparently has less real-world relevant experience than me and a bad reputation from the one time he actually went to war, yet he manages to make a living off his warrior image and selling training and he even got on a TV reality show doing it, at least once.

It's like your little sister finally got a driver's license after 6 tries, then wrecked the family car, and then decided to make a living teaching people to drive.

You have to be pretty smart to get away with that.

Last edited by Bren; 12-28-2012 at 06:54..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04   #50
Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
The Okie Corral
For those that aren't in the know, this pic is not of James Yeager, it's a pic of a tranny. "He" has lady parts down under.

Don't ask how I know this. LOL