SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 14:27   #51
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The flood of Noah washed the surface of the Earth clean about 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. Then life started over.
So the flood waters killed all of the fish and water faring plants as well?

Lets just say for the hell of it that you actually are right(which you aren't)..... That still doesn't make the earth 10000 years old.
Altaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 16:26   #52
JBnTX
None

Clean = Free from sin.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 16:39   #53
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Clean = Free from sin.
It just boggles the mind what you think passes for a sufficient response sometimes.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 16:50   #54
Glockgeezer

Sometimes it's hard to be a believer when you see all the evil, pain and misery in todays world, but, all one has to do is look around and see the perfect beauty of the world around us and the order of the universe as we know it, in spite of what men do to each other especially in the name of God. No one with a brain can deny a divine hand in every thing you see. I believe God is far more complex than we mere mortals have tried to make the concept and that's why we must have faith. Some of us have more than others and some have none at all. It's easy to see what the Godless are trying to do to this country and the world.
Glockgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 18:33   #55
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockgeezer View Post
No one with a brain can deny a divine hand in every thing you see.
Actually you are exactly wrong. We are at a point in our development where we know a great deal about our world, our universe, our origins and that of the universe. And the only thing we keep finding over and over again is that all of it happened completely naturally and without a divine hand. The more we learn the more we know that our existence simply didn't require a God. He just isn't necessary.

Quote:
It's easy to see what the Godless are trying to do to this country and the world.
Free it from religious slavery.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 18:48   #56
Altaris

Quote:
Clean = Free from sin.
So cleaning it of sin starts the time table over again on a planet?

My house was built in 1999. If I took a hose out and washed all of the sin off of it, would that mean my house is now brand new? Do you think I could get a realtor to fall for that if I tried it?

Last edited by Altaris; 12-29-2012 at 23:28..
Altaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 19:16   #57
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Posted by JB:
It's the present surface of the Earth that's about 10,000 years old, not the entire Earth.

The flood of Noah washed the surface of the Earth clean about 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. Then life started over.

Clean = Free from sin.
The above posts are a fascinating example of delusional thinking. We can all be very happy that JB wasn’t raised in a religion that encourages suicide bombers.
Old 12-29-2012, 19:56   #58
muscogee

1. God could explain how all the things in the Bible that can't possibly be true are true.

2. God could post the location of the Garden of Eden, complete with flaming sword, on the Internet.

3. He could apologize to everyone on Earth for taking revenge on all of us for the sins of Adam and Eve. After all, it's been thousands of years and we didn't do it.

4. He could stop punishing us for the sins of Adam And Eve.

5. He could give me a talking snake that wasn't dangerous.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 12-29-2012 at 19:57..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 20:18   #59
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
5. He could give me a talking snake that wasn't dangerous.
I'd opt for the talking donkey. Can you imagine the fun you'd have at parties with your own personal Mr Ed?
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 20:23   #60
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post
The above posts are a fascinating example of delusional thinking. We can all be very happy that JB wasn’t raised in a religion that encourages suicide bombers.
Excellent observation. The only real difference between JBnTX and an Islamic extremist is the happenstance of the location of his birth. He seems willing to believe just about any absurdity.
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Old 12-29-2012, 20:51   #61
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
So cleaning it of sin starts the time table over again on a planet?

My house was built in 1999. If I took a house out and washed all of the sin off of it, would that mean my house is now brand new? Do you think I could get a realtor to fall for that if I tried it?
When God calls for a mulligan you give it to Him.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 21:16   #62
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
I'd opt for the talking donkey. Can you imagine the fun you'd have at parties with your own personal Mr Ed?
A talking ass? I've seen several of these.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 22:37   #63
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
When God calls for a mulligan you give it to Him.
Or you get stuck in his ball washer.

Old 12-29-2012, 22:40   #64
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
A talking ass? I've seen several of these.
No, not the proverbial talking ass, the talking ass from Proverbs...

Old 12-29-2012, 23:04   #65
jbp84

He could start by taking a few inches off my waist and giving me a few inches....never mind.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

jbp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:45   #66
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Odd that all the people on Earth at the time didn't notice they were underwater for a year. That seems like the kind of thing that would affect your civilization.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35   #67
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Or you get stuck in his ball washer.

I suppose if its Catwoman doing the washing, its Heaven. If it's Richard Simmons, that'd be Hell.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21   #68
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Clean = Free from sin.
Well, among all the stuff we're finding on the surface of the earth that's way more than 10,000 years old scientists haven't been able to identify a single sin so that make perfect sense.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote