Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:30   #1
JBnTX
None

What Would You Accept As Proof Of God's Existence?

This is for the atheists that infest this forum.

What would you consider as absolute proof that God really does exist?
And please be very specific.

If you say he should show himself to the world, then what would you require he look like in order to prove himself to be God?

If you require him to speak, what would he have to say in order to convince you?

If you require a miracle, then what miracle would you require?

If you require he show you heaven, what would it take for you to believe he was actually showing you heaven?

What would he have to do to convince you to believe in him?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32   #2
John Rambo
Raven

Well, he better not need a starship, for one.
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34   #3
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Not sure, but I'd place the bar slightly higher than you did for the Mayan prophecy.
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43   #4
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

im agnostic, not atheist.

im not sure what woud do it since there are so many undeniable ways to do so.

something that science has no way of explaining would be a start...i guess seeing that scientist (hawkins?) all crippled up and bound to a wheel chair straghten up into a "normal" man before my very eyes would be one. i mean Jesus supposably did this to many.

seeing the miracles spoken about in the bible happen today in real life would be a start....stevey wonder having 20/20 vision over night.

famine stricken parts of the world having furtile fields and crops over night....

all the while with a man looking like jesus (as we know him) standing next to me and telling me what he is doing as it happens.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-27-2012 at 12:48..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:54   #5
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post

...i guess seeing that scientist (hawkins?) all crippled up and bound to a wheel chair straghten up into a "normal" man before my very eyes would be one.

....stevey wonder having 20/20 vision over night.

famine stricken parts of the world having furtile fields and crops over night....

all the while with a man looking like jesus (as we know him) standing next to me and telling me what he is doing as it happens.
Thank you for your response.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59   #6
Glock36shooter

I would need to see him descend from heaven with a host of angels and cure all disease and suffering in the world. I would need to see all people in wheelchairs get up and start walking again, all people in cancer wards get out of their beds and start going home, people with diabetes suddenly free from their shots and pumps. I would need to see a being that was willing to actually pay up on his promise to love all mankind. I would need to see a being that had true command of a world that he says he created. I would need to see that he was the being he claims to be.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 13:19   #7
nursetim

I already believe but it'd be a hoot if pelosi, reid, boxer, and feinstein just poofed into a pile of dust at the same time w/o aid of an excelerant of any kind.
Old 12-27-2012, 13:29   #8
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
I already believe but it'd be a hoot if pelosi, reid, boxer, and feinstein just poofed into a pile of dust at the same time w/o aid of an excelerant of any kind.
I'm atheist, and that would work for me as well!
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 13:53   #9
steveksux
Massive Member

Just have to beak any law of physics and regrow someones missing limb. Or make you say something smart in RI regarding atheists. :toungeout:

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by steveksux; 12-27-2012 at 13:53..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:16   #10
G23Gen4TX

He can make Diane Finestein disappear.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:09   #11
G26S239
NRA Patron

I don't negotiate with minions who lack critical thinking skills. If your scary guy in the sky is really omniscient than he knows what he needs to do to convince me of his existence.

BTW JB you used he 6 times and him twice without capitalization in your first post. You might want to watch that, he might get old testament on your ass.

Last edited by G26S239; 12-27-2012 at 15:10..
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:27   #12
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
This is for the atheists that infest this forum.

What would you consider as absolute proof that God really does exist?
And please be very specific.

If you say he should show himself to the world, then what would you require he look like in order to prove himself to be God?

If you require him to speak, what would he have to say in order to convince you?

If you require a miracle, then what miracle would you require?

If you require he show you heaven, what would it take for you to believe he was actually showing you heaven?

What would he have to do to convince you to believe in him?
I guess any of the proofs suggested by your questions would result in, "well how do you know he's god and not satan or some other god from some other religion or some other sort of supernatural being?" Which, of course, leads all the way back to, "you're the one that believes in him, what proof do you have and why should you accept it?"
Old 12-27-2012, 15:34   #13
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

YECs here start understanding things like evolution and BBT. That might just do it for me. When you guys show up and say you're sorry because Jesus stayed up all night with you ***** slapping you every time you lost concentration while reading AG's evolution primer. So many way He could prove Himself.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:34   #14
elsielover

Good spelling on GT.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-27-2012, 15:59   #15
NAS T MAG

I'd have to be presented with 10 dead relatives (including my parents) to explain what Heaven or Hell is really like.

I, personally, have never been reunited with someone who's died. It's my opinion that once you're gone, you're gone.

And maybe my favorite dog from the Rainbow Bridge, would really seal the deal.

Religious and political beliefs have made fools of all of us.
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:10   #16
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Your question makes an invalid assumption.
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:38   #17
nursetim

Hay elsielover, wats rong wit my speling?

Last edited by nursetim; 12-27-2012 at 17:39..
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:43   #18
elsielover

Nurse Tim: nothing I can see.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-27-2012, 17:51   #19
yellowhand

"Hello"
Old 12-27-2012, 18:08   #20
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

"A" god, or "the" god of a specific religion?
Old 12-27-2012, 18:08   #21
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
He can make Diane Finestein disappear.
Hell, I can do that.
Old 12-27-2012, 21:50   #22
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Hell, I can do that.
I think you should "take one for the team" on that.
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 21:50   #23
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

As G26S239 mentioned, an omniscient God would know what would be required for each nonbeliever to believe. It could be many things.

God could levitate the city of New York, appear at a podium under the city, and give a press conference that is simultaneously broadcast on every electronic device in the world in the native tongue of the audience. In the press conference God could explain some scientific question that science has not explained and provide proof of the explanation. It would also help His street cred if He told the Young Earthers to STFU and stop making Him look ridiculous.

It would also be nice if He sent a literate prophet to edit the Old and New Testaments into a single coherent volume that clarified everything that distinguishes the various sects of Christianity, so that there was no room for disagreement, and Christianity really became one single religion instead of thousands.

Oh, wait, while the above would work, he could merely demonstrate to all religious, non-Christians that He was the One True God such that they all converted to Christianity over night. If all Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, ... woke up converted to Christianity, I would be pretty compelled to believe.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:13   #24
LAWDOGKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I guess any of the proofs suggested by your questions would result in, "well how do you know he's god and not satan or some other god from some other religion or some other sort of supernatural being?" Which, of course, leads all the way back to, "you're the one that believes in him, what proof do you have and why should you accept it?"
God, Satan, Buddha, Allah, Zues...I'd follow and worship any one of them that actually proved they exist and could wipe me off the earth with a lightning strike for blaspheming them..but they're gonna have to put some effort into it..

Like...giant trumpet blasts from the sky..unexplainable by any scientific means..(yeah, I liked that scene from Red State)..

Until then, they're all just "imaginary friends in the sky"...made popular by the those (edited..I wrote something mean here and took it back ) who need/crave/desire attention and reinforcement that they're here on earth for a higher purpose..

Last edited by LAWDOGKMS; 12-27-2012 at 22:14..
LAWDOGKMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:32   #25
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
As G26S239 mentioned, an omniscient God would know what would be required for each nonbeliever to believe. It could be many things.
More importantly it could be utterly unique and simultaneous for each person being convinced. That would be far more convincing than some single apparent violation of physics or biology.

That being said, if a one eyed guy with two ravens shows up riding an eight legged horse, I'm probably going to start paying attention to what the Eddas say.

Last edited by Animal Mother; 12-27-2012 at 22:33..
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote