SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:25   #1
TSAX
USAF Vet

Jesse Ventura embarrasses Piers Morgan on his own show

Watch the points Jesse makes and the stupid look on Piers when almost everyone applauds for Jesse and not Pier, then like the little b---- he is, tucks tail and quickly changes to audience questions.

Jesse Ventura vs Piers Morgan on Gun Control

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Last edited by TSAX; 12-27-2012 at 06:45..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40   #2
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Saw RIchard Beltzer (Det. Munch") in there.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41   #3
byf43
NRA Life Member

There was a time when we used firearms to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government.

That was during the war, when we kicked out the same group of people, that talk with the same accent as Piers Morgan.

Personally, I think we should send him back, from where he came from, with his tail tucked between his legs.

Why is it that the MSM and these _ _ _ _ed politicians can't see that the 2A was put in place, to protect this great nation from those oppressive bastiges, like we have. . . . now!?!?!?!?!?

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28   #4
exmdshooter
WWJMBD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
Why is it that the MSM and these _ _ _ _ed politicians can't see that the 2A was put in place, to protect this great nation from those oppressive bastiges, like we have. . . . now!?!?!?!?!?
Oh, I'm convinced they see it quite clearly. Those politicians supporting gun control are wannabe oppressive bastiges who know they'll never attain full oppressive bastige status so long as there's an armed populace in their way. As for tools like Piers Morgan... well, whenever someone advocates for the unwashed many being ruled over by an elite few it's a pretty good bet they expect to be part of the few.
and Black Rifle club member #423
Pennsylvania Glockers club member #107
exmdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37   #5
fusegsp

Quote:

They see it. They know why we have the second amendment, they just don't care.
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38   #6
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Ventura is a bit of a conspiracy nut at times, for show or how deep he thinks it runs i dont know, but he made some very valid points during that interview that went unchalleneged on a factual basis by the limey.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43   #7
HexHead

Who cares if the Aurora shooter bought 6000 rounds of ammo over the internet? He only had a couple of hundred with him in the theatre, and could have bought those at Bass Pro Shop without raising so much as an eyebrow from anyone.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47   #8
HexHead

Quote:

The whole concept of standing up to the government is inconceivable to them in the first place.

You see it here too, AKStick comes to mind.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48   #9
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
There was a time when we used firearms to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government.

That was during the war, when we kicked out the same group of people, that talk with the same accent as Piers Morgan.

Personally, I think we should send him back, from where he came from, with his tail tucked between his legs.

Maybe he's still bitter were not under their rule

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:53   #10
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

One encouraging thing is that the liberals seem to be losing the gun control argument this time. They only place their arguments are getting any traction is when they are singing to the choir. The rest of the country isn't buying it this time.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:56   #11
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Well, I watched becaused I wanted to see what Ventura had to say. My monitor is always at risk when I see Piers Morgan on it but I risked it this time. What I wanted to see Ventura, or anyone talking to that limey POS, do is point out that annually guns are used around 2 million times in self defense and see what Morgan has to say about.

He can try and argue it but Gary Kleck's original numbers have been repeated in some 6 or 7 annual surveys now. If you take out the number of criminals shooting criminals, because they don't obey gun laws, you eliminate about 75% of gun homicides. In 2009 there were 9,146 gun deaths ruled as homicides. If you take out the criminal on criminal shootings you are left with about 2300 gun homicides which can probably be classified as ordinary people shooting ordinary people.

So Morgan, et al, wants to put the lives of over 2 million people in jeopardy to save the lives of 2300. Even without the 2nd Amendment it's clear that guns in the hands of citizens are a huge net gain for public safety. I would like to see his response to that argument. What gun grabbers typically do is attack the data but that cannot be done convincingly today with Kleck's original survey now being supported by numerous corroborating surveys.

ps

I think Jesse did pretty good anyway even without bringing up the 2 million number.

Last edited by MtBaldy; 12-27-2012 at 19:35..
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58   #12
2afreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
One encouraging thing is that the liberals seem to be losing the gun control argument this time. They only place their arguments are getting any traction is when they are singing to the choir. The rest of the country isn't buying it this time.
Bingo.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00   #13
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...oting/1791827/

Quote:
A majority of Americans support stricter gun laws in the aftermath of the Newtown school shooting, but most oppose banning assault weapons, a move that is backed by President Obama as a step to curb gun violence, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll.

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07   #14
okie
GT Mayor

Ventura had some awesome things to say for sure
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:24   #15
Chonny

If Ventura finds conspiracy interesting thats great. He used facts and logic in this argument.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36   #16
Tango 1Zero

Owned.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48   #17
GWG19

Ventura did a great job.
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09   #18
Butcher
NRA Life Member

I ain't got time to bleed

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:21   #19
brisk21

Piers Morgan is such a tool. He spouts off numbers about England, Germany, and France. Their people are weak. They would be easily ruled and taken over. Their country would be easy to invade. Its been done before, and it could be done again. Look at when the Brits tried to invade our armed, soon to be nation. We sent them back to England with the same amount of tax money that they came here with. These idoits don't understand that an armed society is a free society.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27   #20
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Ventura had some awesome things to say for sure
I second that

As soon as Jesse took control of the audience that Limey switched tactics
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37   #21
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipperwolf View Post
Yeah, I believe a USA TODAY poll. As much as a NYT or Huffpo one.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42   #22
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Piers Morgan is such a tool. He spouts off numbers about England, Germany, and France. Their people are weak. They would be easily ruled and taken over. Their country would be easy to invade. Its been done before, and it could be done again. Look at when the Brits tried to invade our armed, soon to be nation. We sent them back to England with the same amount of tax money that they came here with. These idoits don't understand that an armed society is a free society.
first remove the gang on gang murders, then remove the good guys killing bad guys numbers, whats left is a small percentage of negligent deaths and stranger on stranger murders. whats more is that England has a far far higher percentage of violent crime than does America. count the percentage of rapes, and assaults, home invasions and the like you will see you are more likely to be a victim of violent crime in England than in America.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-27-2012 at 08:43..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53   #23
Gunfighter2

I’m not a big Ventura fan but he did OK, at least he rubbed Piers nose init! The US "Handgun Death" stats usually always include legitimateshootings by civilian and LE. I have spent a considerable amount of time in theUK, there gun control laws have become progressively more restrictive over theyears until they reached a complete ban (I believe in late 80's) then even thetarget shooters, collectors and Farmers (shotguns) had to give them up, all theones I know regret not taking a bigger stand. The UK politicians were spurredon by criminal events with firearms just like we are going thru now with Connecticutand Colorado. Oh and that hypocritical BS that UK cops don’t carry, many doeven if it’s covertly, there are also plenty of instances where the UK cops gettheir asses handed to them as well.
Gunfighter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:57   #24
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter2 View Post
Iím not a big Ventura fan but he did OK, at least he rubbed Piers nose init! The US "Handgun Death" stats usually always include legitimateshootings by civilian and LE. I have spent a considerable amount of time in theUK, there gun control laws have become progressively more restrictive over theyears until they reached a complete ban (I believe in late 80's) then even thetarget shooters, collectors and Farmers (shotguns) had to give them up, all theones I know regret not taking a bigger stand. The UK politicians were spurredon by criminal events with firearms just like we are going thru now with Connecticutand Colorado. Oh and that hypocritical BS that UK cops donít carry, many doeven if itís covertly, there are also plenty of instances where the UK cops gettheir asses handed to them as well.
Now the UK is arresting people and taking them to court for having a Swiss Army knife in their car for peeling their grapefruit on picnic lunches. What a pathetic country they have become. It is a feeding ground for criminals.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:57   #25
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
I think my mom had that shirt back in the 80's.