GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 19:14   #151
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Oh gentlemen. It's old. If any of you would like to correctly follow along and stop w/ the strawman we can continue this. I'm done correcting the misunderstandings.

We can discuss this until the end of time. However the facts remain unchanged. 3 out of 3 hi-points I've had hands on were malfunction machines. That's unbiased factual information. Not a single person here has given a stronger set of facts.

Fact, it is better to be prepared than wait until you've already been victimized. There is no disputing that fact, period.

Facts or emotional pleas made in defense of a personally owned firearm? Take from it what you will.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49   #152
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Oh gentlemen. It's old. If any of you would like to correctly follow along and stop w/ the strawman we can continue this. I'm done correcting the misunderstandings.

We can discuss this until the end of time. However the facts remain unchanged. 3 out of 3 hi-points I've had hands on were malfunction machines. That's unbiased factual information. Not a single person here has given a stronger set of facts.

Fact, it is better to be prepared than wait until you've already been victimized. There is no disputing that fact, period.

Facts or emotional pleas made in defense of a personally owned firearm? Take from it what you will.
You want to talk about facts? Facts are that real life isn't like ivory tower, white unicorn, everything is perfect.

It's easy to say "be prepared before you become a victim". How about you give some options so that other women won't become victims? Give them some real life solutions instead of some pie-in-the-sky polemics?

A woman from a poor background who can barely feeds herself; or a man from similar background. ASSuming that they've been diligent with their finance and they finally saved up $300 to buy a used SW Model 10 revolver (a quality handgun). Now what? Are you going to suggest for them to save up $2000 to go to Thunder Ranch or Gunsite for training? That's just ONE session, and one session would barely make them competent. Should they save up another $2000 for the next course up? What about ammo & range costs for regular practice?

You want to talk facts? Talk facts. Give some solutions as to how poor people going to buy high dollar guns, then get trained up (you're big on professional training, right?).

Talk is cheap.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16   #153
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Show me someone that you think can't afford a used quality firearm and I'll show you a person that wastes money on luxuries.

When you can string together a few words into a proper sentence you can approach me about one misspelled word.

You'll never get it as you don't posses the capacity to do so. Not your fault. Genetics?
This is the problem! It's only based upon what you think in your little box/world as a priority or not....your not looking at the whole picture and are assuming you know everything! You are hilarious!!!



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03   #154
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Exagerating figures, and lying will accomplish nothing.

I gave factual first hand experience. You two pander to false emotion.

I also gave numerous examples of commonly excepted luxuries enjoyed by all walks of life. Extras easily gone w/o that could cover the cost of a quality used firearm.

My mom went many nights w/o dinner so my sister and I had enough to eat. Been there myself. Come at me w/ something new.

You two refuse to be subject to fact as it doesn't support your position.

Talk is cheap that's why I'm a man of action. I walk the walk. One day I'll fill you in.

The end.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08   #155
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Exagerating figures, and lying will accomplish nothing.

I gave factual first hand experience. You two pander to false emotion.

I also gave numerous examples of commonly excepted luxuries enjoyed by all walks of life. Extras easily gone w/o that could cover the cost of a quality used firearm.

My mom went many nights w/o dinner so my sister and I had enough to eat. Been there myself. Come at me w/ something new.

You two refuse to be subject to fact as it doesn't support your position.

Talk is cheap that's why I'm a man of action. I walk the walk. One day I'll fill you in.

The end.
Then write out a dissertation on how you think a poor person should get prepared.

Show us some facts. What guns should they get? When should they get these guns? How long is acceptable time frame to save up before purchasing an acceptable gun? What trainings should they get? How many rounds should they fire? Give budget to these things.

You da man, so show us something concrete instead of hyperboles.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26   #156
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
What gun, when? You're asking that I share opinion yet you title it fact.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:10   #157
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
What gun, when? You're asking that I share opinion yet you title it fact.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
You're the one that kept talking about how you deal with facts.

So, when it comes to the rubber meeting the road, you don't got nuthin'?

Why is that so not surprising?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 14:56   #158
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
You're the one that kept talking about how you deal with facts.

So, when it comes to the rubber meeting the road, you don't got nuthin'?

Why is that so not surprising?
We've been going on about facts then you turn around and ask for opinion how does that make sense?

It's funny that the guy who tells fake war stories is questioning someone else's integrity.

Oh and don't forget you're the guy that wants to talk then when asked to swap credentials he comes up with some lame excuse.

You're suffering from some illness and I don't have time for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by mjkeat; 01-08-2013 at 15:08..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:07   #159
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
We've been going on about facts then you turn around and ask for opinion how does that make sense?

It's funny that the guy who tells fake war stories is questioning someone else's integrity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
So, lots of pie-in-the-sky talks but no real proposed solutions? Why is it not surprising from a guy like you?

For somebody who implied military service but never revealed what he did in the Army, you sure is one to talk about fake war stories and integrities.

Let's talk about "opinions" then. In YOUR opinions, how should a poor person get prepared for self-defense? Lay out your plan with budget and time frame. Surely buying a handgun (a quality one) alone isn't enough? I would assuming that you would recommend professional trainings, correct? How much does that cost? How does a poor person come about foregoing luxuries in order to afford training on top of buying a quality handgun?
__________________
Can you dig it?

Last edited by fnfalman; 01-08-2013 at 15:10..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:12   #160
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
So, lots of pie-in-the-sky talks but no real proposed solutions? Why is it not surprising from a guy like you?

For somebody who implied military service but never revealed what he did in the Army, you sure is one to talk about fake war stories and integrities.

Let's talk about "opinions" then. In YOUR opinions, how should a poor person get prepared for self-defense? Lay out your plan with budget and time frame.
Anytime. The offer from months ago still stands. I'll await the PM.

Until then Mr. Strawman get lost. I'm making myself look as crazy as you are entertaining your craziness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:20   #161
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Anytime. The offer from months ago still stands. I'll await the PM.
Wait for what PM? Why do you need to wait for any PM at all? Several others at the Black Rifle Subforum have asked for your credentials. Show them, if not to show me.

Quote:
Until then Mr. Strawman get lost. I'm making myself look as crazy as you are entertaining your craziness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
A lot of braggadocios but no proposed solutions for poor people to get themselves armed and trained? Got it.
__________________
Can you dig it?

Last edited by fnfalman; 01-08-2013 at 15:22..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:37   #162
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Exagerating figures, and lying will accomplish nothing.

I gave factual first hand experience. You two pander to false emotion.

I also gave numerous examples of commonly excepted luxuries enjoyed by all walks of life. Extras easily gone w/o that could cover the cost of a quality used firearm.

My mom went many nights w/o dinner so my sister and I had enough to eat. Been there myself. Come at me w/ something new.

You two refuse to be subject to fact as it doesn't support your position.

Talk is cheap that's why I'm a man of action. I walk the walk. One day I'll fill you in.

The end.
Reality speaks louder and walks taller than you. Get in touch.

I own two HPs and have carried them for SD....I can afford other guns...but for what I wanted...they fit the bill...just like someone who can't afford (regardless of what you think folks need or don't need) a Glock, Beretta, S&W etc. Not sure about your section of town, but my area/region, the used 'quality' guns are more than the $300 you quoted earlier....if you can find them.

You are so entertaining!!



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:40   #163
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Wait for what PM? Why do you need to wait for any PM at all? Several others at the Black Rifle Subforum have asked for your credentials. Show them, if not to show me.



A lot of braggadocios but no proposed solutions for poor people to get themselves armed and trained? Got it.
He doesn't have them......until he goes on the interweb and creates them!

He needs to check his meter, I'd say he's exceeding the "full of it" amount!




red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie

Last edited by redbaron007; 01-08-2013 at 15:40..
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:50   #164
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
He doesn't have them......until he goes on the interweb and creates them!

He needs to check his meter, I'd say he's exceeding the "full of it" amount!




red
Youths nowadays...what are you gonna do?

He'll learn in another decade or two.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:01   #165
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
All that is answered in prior posts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by mjkeat; 01-08-2013 at 16:05..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:13   #166
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Fn you've already been outed as a fake by bmoore.

And if you recall I'm the one pushing to make it mandatory to post up credentials in order to post. If I had something to hide why would i do such things? I wouldn't. Still waiting on you fnfal from quite a while ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:39   #167
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Fn you've already been outed as a fake by bmoore.
Who?

Quote:
And if you recall I'm the one pushing to make it mandatory to post up credentials in order to post. If I had something to hide why would i do such things? I wouldn't. Still waiting on you fnfal from quite a while ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Then be the first. Post your credentials. Lead by example, you should know that from your Army experience.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:47   #168
raxar
Golliwog
 
raxar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Show me someone that you think can't afford a used quality firearm and I'll show you a person that wastes money on luxuries.

When you can string together a few words into a proper sentence you can approach me about one misspelled word.

You'll never get it as you don't posses the capacity to do so. Not your fault. Genetics?
you know, I've been thinking about this for a while, and given that this thread has dragged on I've decided to go with it.

Any time you want to have a postal match between the gun of your choice and one of my hi-points I will be game.
__________________
Saturday night special club member #tec-9



Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:05   #169
Snaps
Hail 2 The King
 
Snaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SWPA sticks
Posts: 3,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
so that's NOT where that line was heading? Damn I thought I had it
__________________
Brad
Snaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:21   #170
Snaps
Hail 2 The King
 
Snaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SWPA sticks
Posts: 3,222
wait, we're playing the what if thing? WHat if the gun is just to screw around with? EEK!
__________________
Brad
Snaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:39   #171
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxar View Post
you know, I've been thinking about this for a while, and given that this thread has dragged on I've decided to go with it.

Any time you want to have a postal match between the gun of your choice and one of my hi-points I will be game.
I don't understand this way of thinking. What does your sample of one (1) prove? Nothing other than you got lucky.

Now if you set down w/ 50 hi-points and ran them all in a controlled environment in exactly the same manner, keeping accurate data of the events, then that'll mean something.

Some low round count accuracy test of one (1) handgun proves nothing.

It also does nothing to disprove my earlier stated observations. The 3 hi-points I've come into contact w/ have all been malfunction machines. There's not a single emotional/overly defensive argument that can change that.

You all keep going in circles yet nobody can provide anything of substance.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:14   #172
raxar
Golliwog
 
raxar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I don't understand this way of thinking. What does your sample of one (1) prove? Nothing other than you got lucky.

Now if you set down w/ 50 hi-points and ran them all in a controlled environment in exactly the same manner, keeping accurate data of the events, then that'll mean something.

Some low round count accuracy test of one (1) handgun proves nothing.

I have 4, and one stallard which is a pre hi-point-hi-point. Maybe I got lucky 5 times? oh, throw in the jennings 9, which also shoots very well and its 6. or perhaps...

"If the axe is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success”


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
It also does nothing to disprove my earlier stated observations. The 3 hi-points I've come into contact w/ have all been malfunction machines. There's not a single emotional/overly defensive argument that can change that.

You all keep going in circles yet nobody can provide anything of substance.


I offer a real world experiment and you call it an "emotional argument". Way to represent!
__________________
Saturday night special club member #tec-9



Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:14   #173
meathead19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: greenville, SC
Posts: 2,633
Quit feeding the troll.

If you own a functioning hi point, you know it functions. No matter how much the troll says it won't.

You, the owner of that particular gun, know it will fire when called upon.

If you trust that weapon (because it passed your test) no one should change your mind. Who cares what the troll says???
It's YOUR hi point that works FFS!!!

Last edited by meathead19; 01-09-2013 at 20:28..
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:34   #174
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
What does accuracy have to do w/ function? I can have a firearm that malfunctions every other round and still shoot one ragged hole. This conversation was never about accuracy. It was about function.

If you have one that functions that's great. My experience is the complete opposite. There's a reason a lot of gun shops do not sell hi-points.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 00:41   #175
Snaps
Hail 2 The King
 
Snaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SWPA sticks
Posts: 3,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
This conversation was never about accuracy. It was about function.
No, not at all really, never was. I know because I started it. Conversation was about a cheap toy for random range fun and just for the hell of it because its cheap. Your the only one talking about combat function
__________________
Brad
Snaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:11.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,425
443 Members
982 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42