Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2012, 19:44   #81
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Just read that fox news article. I wonder how he wants to do that with his full power, without ignoring the constitution upon he, Feinstein, and other politicians laid an oath on to support and defend the constitution of the United States of America.

Feinsteins bill like it is right now will have zero chance to pass through the house, and without ignoring the constitution and breaking their oaths. This would be political suicide.
When did the oath mean anything to them? When did they care about violating the oath they took? When did ignoring the Constitution or breaking the oath ever stop a liberal?

When did the majority of Americans care enough to do something about it? That's the sad state of our modern reality tv sensationalist mainstream media fed society. They don't know and they don't care.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:29   #82
Made in Austria

You are right. It's the sad truth. But it is not too late, yet. Some people still care.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 12-30-2012 at 20:40..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 22:07   #83
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
Full on assault is coming... linky
I saw his interview on Meet the Press. It appears they will take a multi-pronged approach. He emphasized the effort by his appointed dolt - Biden. I expect Feinstein's bill will be round 1 and they will see what they can get from the attempt. Round 2 will be using lessons learned from Round 1...assuming the Feinstein bill does not pass.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:49   #84
TacticalTshirtsREP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
1) We control the House
2) SCOTUS ruled the 2nd amendment is a RIGHT
3) The Liberals are panicking as they lose their gun control narrative!
4) Executive Order will accomplish nothing as obama has no authority to issue new law! He's out of place here and will easily lose any court battle!
5) The gun control tide is losing steam and were winning the majority of all gun control polls, And the NRA is gaining as many as 8K new members a day!
I tend to agree this MIGHT now happen. I think a 10 round limit is still on the table. THAT is the argument that needs to be won. The argument of semi-automatic-sporting-rifle is NOT a, machine gun, assault weapon or NFA BS.

Of note: The reason the NRA didn't litigate the AWB is the SCOTUS would rule a AWB as constitutional. It's settled law that the government can regulate gun laws.

I'm not going to get into the minutia of fighting a new class of weapon that doesn't exist, because that is where you can beat an AWB in court.

In short, don't count on SCOTUS. They'll burn you on this.

TTR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Shooting guns and having fun.
TacticalTshirtsREP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:59   #85
vikingsoftpaw

Quote:
1) We control the House
4) Executive Order will accomplish nothing as obama has no authority to issue new law! He's out of place here and will easily lose any court battle!
5) The gun control tide is losing steam and were winning the majority of all gun control polls, And the NRA is gaining as many as 8K new members a day!
From your mouth to God's ears!

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 20:37   #86
Bighoss

Fight now

I am glad that everyone is confident that their will be no AWB, everyone that has taken that time to post in this thread better be contacting their representative. The link below takes you to a website where you fill in your zip code and you can send an email to them.

[url]http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML[/url]

I remember in 94 many people talking like the ban would never pass and I was extremely unprepared for it because I did think it was possible as well. This is not a time to sit and talk to each other about how this isn't possible.

Trust me we have to remind them that we will not allow them to pass an AWB without consequence. I know most people think it is a waste of time but it is worth a shot.
Bighoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 23:20   #87
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighoss View Post
...The link below takes you to a website where you fill in your zip code and you can send an email to them.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...046526&type=ML

I remember in 94 many people talking like the ban would never pass and I was extremely unprepared for it because I did think it was possible as well. This is not a time to sit and talk to each other about how this isn't possible...
Great post and a handy link I have bookmarked. I already wrote to all my state & federal people but I'll use this link next time.
Old 01-02-2013, 14:04   #88
Drjones

Send a message via AIM to Drjones

Quote:
1) We control the House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh Glocker View Post

That said, this looks so onerous as to make it more difficult to get moderate votes. The worse the bill, the less likely it will get passed.

I agree with both of these posts and am also *cautiously* optimistic that there will not be a new *federal* ban.

That said:

- Pay attention to what your STATE legislature may be up to. I know in California we have some BIG battles ahead of us this year.

- DO NOT GET COMPLACENT. CALL, EMAIL, AND WRITE THE FEDERAL POLITICIANS FREQUENTLY TO VOICE YOUR OPPOSITION TO THIS BILL.

It will be amended to be less draconian than originally written, which may make it more tempting to some politicians, so keep up the pressure.

Old 01-02-2013, 14:05   #89
Drjones

Send a message via AIM to Drjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighoss View Post
I am glad that everyone is confident that their will be no AWB, everyone that has taken that time to post in this thread better be contacting their representative. The link below takes you to a website where you fill in your zip code and you can send an email to them.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...046526&type=ML

I remember in 94 many people talking like the ban would never pass and I was extremely unprepared for it because I did think it was possible as well. This is not a time to sit and talk to each other about how this isn't possible.

Trust me we have to remind them that we will not allow them to pass an AWB without consequence. I know most people think it is a waste of time but it is worth a shot.

Yes, this bears repeating a million times over; we need to keep up the pressure.

Also thanks for that link - do you know if they charge if you have a printed letter sent?
Old 01-02-2013, 18:20   #90
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I'm more and more convinced that Glock Talk is not the best place to read the tea leaves of politics in this country.

Folks here were certain Obummber Care would not pass.
Folks here were certain that the USSC would over-turn Obummer care.
Folks here were certain Obummer would not get re-elected.

And folks here now believe no anti-gun legislation is going to pass.

I remain convinced that anti-gun legislation is going to pass. In fact I think the mag restrictions are going to be passed next week.

Time will tell.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you on some points.

Several GT'ers thought I was crazy when I said Obama was going to win and Romney's 47% comment was going to hurt him. Nobody wanted to hear that Romney was not a real conservative and that he couldn't get the far right to come out. Sure enough, the vote totals proved exactly that.

On gun control I'm not so sure. I say this based on a few observations. Obama knows gun control is a political nightmare and that's why he's already starting to waffle. Any red state democrat that votes for any gun control measures is dead in the water in 2014 and he knows that. Right after Sandy Hook Obama began the push and he was pretty confident he was going to get some political traction. As of last week, in his Meet The Press interview he had already lost some steam and it was obvious in his answer to the direct question, by David Gregory, about having the stomach for the upcoming political fight. Instead of answering with a confident yes, Obama danced around the question. That was a big sign that he's worried about the next two years. He knows if he expends a lot of political capital and loses the gun control fight, any agenda he stands behind is going to lack party support.

I personally think were going to see standard capacity magazine restrictions, closing of the gun show loophole and maybe some restructuring of the background check system and new reporting requirements from mental healthcare practitioners. I don't think were going to see any transfer restrictions or any new laws banning any specific weapons. We will see new import restrictions, via executive order, so we can kiss anything imported that accepts standard capacity magazines, goodbye!
DaleGribble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:37   #91
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

What is this gun show loophole that everyone is talking about?
Old 01-02-2013, 20:52   #92
SIGlock

[QUOTE=DaleGribble;19812091]I personally think were going to see standard capacity magazine restrictions, closing of the gun show loophole and maybe some restructuring of the background check system and new reporting requirements from mental healthcare practitioners.[QUOTE]

Let's hope that these are the only items on their agenda. Anything else add on to this will be terrible for the gun abiding citizens.

If I could just get about 8 more hicap mags.....I would be all set for the ban.
Old 01-02-2013, 20:58   #93
Razorback01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
What is this gun show loophole that everyone is talking about?
It's refering to people being able to buy and sell guns at gunshows without having to go thru a background check...nevermind the fact that people actually do have to and that all laws that affect gun buying outside gunshows also affect gun buying inside gunshows as well
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 22:02   #94
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback01 View Post
It's refering to people being able to buy and sell guns at gunshows without having to go thru a background check...nevermind the fact that people actually do have to and that all laws that affect gun buying outside gunshows also affect gun buying inside gunshows as well
Yep, I wanted the pundits to answer me because as far as I know, there is no exemption to any laws just because a transaction happens in a gun show instead of a gun shop.

That is just another scare term they conjured up to make it seem like all kinds of illegal or loosey goosey transactions going on for criminals to buy full auto weapons or whatever.
Old 01-02-2013, 22:06   #95
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Yep, I wanted the pundits to answer me because as far as I know, there is no exemption to any laws just because a transaction happens in a gun show instead of a gun shop.

That is just another scare term they conjured up to make it seem like all kinds of illegal or loosey goosey transactions going on for criminals to buy full auto weapons or whatever.
If you are buying fron an FFL, there is no exemption. What the gun-grabbers hate are private sales between individuals, so they demonize gun shows and act as if nobody gets a background check at a show.

Just like demonizing "assault weapons" because they look scary, even though less than 400 murders are committed in the US per year with rifles in general, much less "assault weapons."
Old 01-02-2013, 22:16   #96
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
If you are buying fron an FFL, there is no exemption. What the gun-grabbers hate are private sales between individuals, so they demonize gun shows and act as if nobody gets a background check at a show.

Just like demonizing "assault weapons" because they look scary, even though less than 400 murders are committed in the US per year with rifles in general, much less "assault weapons."
If your state does not regulate sales between private parties, then it's the same at the gun show or at your house. There is no loophole at the gun show, and you will definitely not find a law that says "all transfers between private parties are subject to the same regulations as FFL, except if they are done at a gun show." Won't happen. Never going to happen.

In CA, all private party transfers go through a FFL except for C&R guns. Gunshows are not exempt from anything. There is no gunshow loophole. Doesn't exist. Never did.

Just another made up boogie man for the leftists to scare the lemmings to follow their lead.

Rifles are used in 353 murders according to the latest FBI stats, and all black rifles are a mere subset of those numbers. Not quite as scary when you actually use facts, but hey, never let the truth get in the way of a good liberal agenda.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33   #97
silvrevo

I heard the NRA say on tv last two days.,,,,,,,,there is NO way a AWB will ever pass congress.

Only way it will go thru is with OsamaExecutiveAction...........Which in about 30 mins. he will be speaking on......

Should be interesting to say the least. Then Tuesday Mr. Numnutzz himself is going to have his little talk about what he found out since being headed up of the AWB.

That should be better.
silvrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01   #98
brisk21

I really don't think anything extreme will pass. They are trying to do too much. They are getting greedy and it will bite them in the arse. I'll bet about 1 year from now a lot of people will be selling their stockpiles at a loss.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 13:24   #99
jb1911

The 1994 AWB caused the left in congress to get creamed in the mid-term election. Let's all hope the same thing happens in 2014.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"

Last edited by jb1911; 01-14-2013 at 13:25..
jb1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 13:29   #100
DNS

They could get a magazine ban passed. I read a separate bill to ban magazines will be introduced also. Keep up the pressure.
DNS is offline   Reply With Quote