GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:24   #26
The Fed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 707
There is no national gun registry but each gun store keeps their copy of the 4473 for forever. I can see where the BATF simply amends their (federal) regulations to accomplish new gun control. They can easily amend their regs by simply publishing the new requirements in the Federal Register, waiting the required waiting period then implementing the changes. They can require all firearms transactions to be performed by a FFL - there's already a clause that states federal law is the law of the land. And they can also classify certain firearms and magazines as contraband. Already happened before. I wrote changes to federal purchasing regs that were implemented so I know it can be done.

Last edited by The Fed; 12-27-2012 at 08:25..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27   #27
tarpleyg
Senior Member
 
tarpleyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3670 View Post
This will probably be the one thing that will actually come from the recent tragedies. All the law will say is that if you seel a gun it must go through a licensed gun store. Big deal.
Great attitude. How will you feel when they force you to go to a car dealer to sell your car to another person? What you fail to understand is that the people who want controls like this want TOTAL control over everything you do and they won't stop until they get it. Attitudes like yours make it that much easier.
__________________

tarpleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27   #28
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,231


Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
And no, I'm not sutpid. I am very well versed on this particular topic.
Sigline material right there...
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:30   #29
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpleyg View Post
Great attitude. How will you feel when they force you to go to a car dealer to sell your car to another person? What you fail to understand is that the people who want controls like this want TOTAL control over everything you do and they won't stop until they get it. Attitudes like yours make it that much easier.


You state all of that as if you are not preaching to the choir.

The people to be concerned about right now are not the rabid anti-gunners like Feinstein, that would repeal the 2A if they could.

No, the people we need to be concerned about right now are the folks that normally don't care about guns and gun control one way or another, but are freaking out over Sandy Hook.

Those are the people that are giving the rabid anti-gunners their temporary political ability to get anti-gun legislation passed.

Last edited by M&P15T; 12-27-2012 at 08:53..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:30   #30
Averageman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,012
.
Look to be honest at this point the Left has the agenda and we march out Wayne LaPierre and look even stupider than before.

Now I am a member of the NRA and I don't dislike LaPierre, but this is an example:

We saw how Romney won a good deal of the debate, when the whole issue of "Fast and Furious" and Benghazi were left hanging out there like a big slow pitch softball Romney could have knocked it out of the park and won the election,..well he at least would have done much better..

That's what we are facing now, if you aren't willing to get really confrontational with these guys they don't get it. You need to put them on the ropes and hit them with the kind of facts people can relate to. LaPierre cant do that, and neither can compromise.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:56   #31
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I find it both funny, and sad, that no one can just answer that question.

Do you think you will get cooties by answering a simple question?

And no, I'm not sutpid. I am very well versed on this particular topic.
i have to question your intellegence on this matter you say youre very well versed on when you mention giving up a gun right now to stop their assault on our rights in the future.

you were either born yesterday or you are that stupid.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03   #32
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,730
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post


You state all of that as if you are not preaching to the choir.

The people to be concerned about right now are not the rabid anti-gunners like Feinstein, that would repeal the 2A if they could.

No, the people we need to be concerned about right now are the folks that normally don't care about guns and gun control one way or another, but are freaking out over Sandy Hook.

Those are the people that are giving the rabid anti-gunners their temporary political ability to get anti-gun legislation passed.
Everyone, M&P15T has been discussing his "compromise" theory in several threads. He gets the same response in every one of them.

Gun show loop hole??

The Big Picture

I'm just gonna ask one question
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:06   #33
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
i have to question your intellegence on this matter you say youre very well versed on when you mention giving up a gun right now to stop their assault on our rights in the future.

you were either born yesterday or you are that stupid.
I would try and explain it to you, but I have tried this in the past, and folks here just cannot grasp the entire picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Everyone, M&P15T has been discussing his "compromise" theory in several threads. He gets the same response in every one of them.

Gun show loop hole??

The Big Picture

I'm just gonna ask one question
Russ here is a clear demonstration of folk's in-ability to grasp what is happening.

Many, many pages........and no understanding.

Oh well.

It's obvious it's a waste of time.
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08   #34
Averageman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,012
Maybe I'm a little bit older than most of you.
Your rights in my 51 year lifetime have been significantly changed. It was all done in the name of common sense and compromise.
You cannot get those sitting on the fence to take your side if you aren't the loudest most offencive SOB in the room. Armed with facts you can beat these Ninnys back like Jesus in the Temple beating some money changers.
You cannot go in in a three piece suit as if you are talking to the Liberals and trying to convince them to change their ways. You can't go in like Ted Nugent either, but surely we can go in with someone who wants to go on the offence rather than to continue to be on the defence.

Last edited by Averageman; 12-27-2012 at 09:10..
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10   #35
2bgop
Senior Member
 
2bgop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the SEC
Posts: 5,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I find it both funny, and sad, that no one can just answer that question.

Do you think you will get cooties by answering a simple question?

And no, I'm not sutpid. I am very well versed on this particular topic.
What specific topic is that?
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:15   #36
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,231


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Everyone, M&P15T has been discussing his "compromise" theory in several threads. He gets the same response in every one of them.
I guess he thinks that even a broken record is right twice a day...
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17   #37
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
I guess he thinks that even a broken record is right twice a day...
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:22   #38
shotgunred
reloading nut
 
shotgunred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N W Washington
Posts: 7,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I don't disagree with any of the above. Although we must say that we have seen the left compromising/losing on gun-rights in the last 10+ years.

But my question still stands.

Would you trade closing the loop-hole for not having a major loss on anti-gun legislation.

What's the lesser of two evils?
NO!

First off there is no loop-hole! The left uses that term in order to say we are getting away with something.

We are not!

Heck the local gun store by me charges $75 to do a FFL transfer. He feels you are cheating him by not buying the gun from him. I have to go to the next town over to pay $20.
__________________
When dealing with Democrats, let us remember we are
not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with
creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:29   #39
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
maybe he/she can tell us which one of previous gun rights which were taken away stopped the next round of anti self defense and gun rights laws?

lets just stick to the federal anti gun laws....was it the ban on automatic firearms without extra special taxes and permission? was it the ban on short barreled shotguns without extra taxes and special permission? was it the ban on buying a handgun from a licensed dealer out of state without having to pay shipping and transfer fees not asscoaited with longgun purchases? was it the ban on magazines holding 11 rounds or more (which expired only through compromize like he/she wants)....

which previous federal assaults on our gun rights stopped future assaults on our gun right?
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:29   #40
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,730
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I would try and explain it to you, but I have tried this in the past, and folks here just cannot grasp the entire picture.

Russ here is a clear demonstration of folk's in-ability to grasp what is happening.

Many, many pages........and no understanding.

Oh well.

It's obvious it's a waste of time.
As you have been told numerous times, we very clearly understand your principle of capitulation before negotiation. We understand you want to enter negotiations with those wishing to ban firearms by offering them the supposed 'gun show loop hole'.

Once that has been accepted, you believe that in exchange the masses will not demand any other concessions and withdraw their public pressure. Then, you believe, the Bloombergs, the Feinsteins, the Brady groups will shrivel up without the masses supporting their extreme demands.

You have made that very clear.

You, however, do not understand that everyone else disagrees with you.

Yes, we understand. You do not understand.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32   #41
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstormy View Post
The federal Government doesn't have to worry about state laws. If they wanted to pass a new law the states would have to change their laws to comply with the Fed.

That's how it's suppose to be anyway, We've seen with the recent weed votes in some states that the fed doesn't always handle it that way.
Under what authority can the federal government regulate a sales transaction that does not cross state lines? Or deal with contraban....

They will have to label something as controlled ...like machine guns to do this.. pay attention to these proposed laws
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:34   #42
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,730
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
And no, I'm not sutpid. I am very well versed on this particular topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bgop View Post
What specific topic is that?
You skipped over 2bgop's question. What topic and what in your background makes you well versed?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36   #43
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
maybe he/she can tell us which one of previous gun rights which were taken away stopped the next round of anti self defense and gun rights laws?

lets just stick to the federal anti gun laws....was it the ban on automatic firearms without extra special taxes and permission? was it the ban on short barreled shotguns without extra taxes and special permission? was it the ban on buying a handgun from a licensed dealer out of state without having to pay shipping and transfer fees not asscoaited with longgun purchases? was it the ban on magazines holding 11 rounds or more (which expired only through compromize like he/she wants)....

which previous federal assaults on our gun rights stopped future assaults on our gun right?

heres another unanswered question...if i may toot my own horn.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55   #44
tcruse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 258
I would be in favor of a registry that contained the serial numbers of guns known to be stolen and not recovered, via Internet free anonymous search. After recovery the entry should be removed and no record kept.

Any law requiring a transfer via FFL dealer should have an exception when the buyer can produce a CCW license. Since, the 2A main purpose is protect the people from the government, the government should not have the information to come and get your guns. So, if we have to give up direct sales between individuals, we should get the restriction on government keeping records of the sale.

A free anonymous background search should be made available for any seller to use. I think that it is important that the Federal or State government be prohibited from keeping records on gun ownership.
tcruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58   #45
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,166
Let's try this again:

Does anyone here think there will be anti-gun legislation passed?

C'mon folks, this is not a hard question. Just a simple "Yes" or "No" is all we're looking for.

Last edited by M&P15T; 12-27-2012 at 10:04..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01   #46
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Nevermind....waste of time.
THIS SEEMS TO BE WHAT YOURE MADE OUT OF...GIVING UP.

IM WILLING TO READ THE PROTECTION OF OUR GUN RIGHTS WE'VE GOTTEN BEFORE FOR THE GUN RIGHTS WE'VE GIVEN UP. I DONT THINK THERE ARE ANY, BUT YOU SEEM WILLING TO GIVE UP SOMETHING (GUN RIGHTS) NOW ON THE NEVER BEFORE THINKING OF STOPPING THE ASSAULT ON GUN RIGHTS LATER.

since youre so well versed, what gun rights have we saved by giving up gun rights before?

what makes you think this time will be different? im listening.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-27-2012 at 10:05..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06   #47
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
THIS SEEMS TO BE WHAT YOURE MADE OUT OF...GIVING UP.

IM WILLING TO READ THE PROTECTION OF OUR GUN RIGHTS WE'VE GOTTEN BEFORE FOR THE GUN RIGHTS WE'VE GIVEN UP. I DONT THINK THERE ARE ANY, BUT YOU SEEM WILLING TO GIVE UP SOMETHING (GUN RIGHTS) NOW ON THE NEVER BEFORE THINKING OF STOPPING THE ASSAULT ON GUN RIGHTS LATER.
Try that again son. It's virtually unintelligible.
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18   #48
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Try that again son. It's virtually unintelligible.
thats what i thought youd say....you have no past examples of what you tout would happen later.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-27-2012 at 10:19..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27   #49
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,730
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Let's try this again:

Does anyone here think there will be anti-gun legislation passed?

C'mon folks, this is not a hard question. Just a simple "Yes" or "No" is all we're looking for.
You asked that before and admitted...well, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
You either believe that gun-control legislation is going to happen, or you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Show one post where anyone here states there will be no restrictive legislation on firearms.

Show just one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I didn't say there was Russ.
You admitted that no one said there was not going to be legislation.

You are not going to get a different answer to the same question posed on the same forum and to the same forum participants.

As I said before, I have read all your posts and the responses to them in all the threads in which you proposed your ideas. I can state that no one has posted that there will be no legislation.

No one is going to jump onto your band wagon.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29   #50
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,730
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
...since youre so well versed, what gun rights have we saved by giving up gun rights before?

what makes you think this time will be different? im listening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Try that again son. It's virtually unintelligible.
Those are the questions. They are pretty simple.

Answers?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 12-27-2012 at 10:33..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,266
361 Members
905 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42