Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:24   #1
lethal tupperwa

tis the season here is a nice story

'Friends are God's way of taking care of us.'

This was written by a Metro Denver Hospice Physician:

I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic on Colorado Blvd., and the car star ted to choke and splutter and die - I barely managed to coast into a gas station, glad only that I would not be blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the tow truck. It wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a woman walking out of the quickie mart building, and it looked like she slipped on some ice and fell into a gas pump, so I got out to see if she was okay

When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and I picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.

I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept saying 'I don't want my kids to see me crying,' so we stood on the other side of the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and that things were very hard for her right now. So I asked, 'And you were praying?' That made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I was not a crazy person and said, 'He heard you, and He sent me.'

I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so she could fill up her car completely, and while it was fueling, walked to the next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the

car, who attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries and talking a little.

She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City Her boyfriend left 2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan. 1, and finally in desperation had called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years. They lived in California and said she could come live with them and try to get on her feet there.

So she packed up everything she owned in the car. She told the kids they were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to live there. I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, 'So, are you like an angel or something?'

This definitely made me cry. I said, 'Sweetie, at this time of year angels are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people.'

It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle! And of course, you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect the mechanic won't find anything wrong.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:19   #2
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

Nice story. Just had to get that in before the cynics showed up.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

G19Tony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:11   #3
lethal tupperwa

cynics have never met an angel OR have been one.

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:21   #4
exmdshooter
WWJMBD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
Amen to that. I've met more than one, and humbly admit that I've also been one. No reflection on me... just a reflection of Someone I strive (and usually fail) to follow.
and Black Rifle club member #423
Pennsylvania Glockers club member #107
exmdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:21   #5
Bruce M

Very nice.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 16:26   #6
Jake514

Send a message via Yahoo to Jake514
Great story, and a nice contrast to all the negative happenings. Thanks for sharing.
Jake514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 17:13   #7
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
Yes we have - on both sides.

Angels don't tell their stories. Left hand/right hand sorta thing.