Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2012, 18:50   #1
Frankie Bullets

NY paper lists all LE pistol license holders

The Journal News this Sunday & Monday 12/23 & 12/24 printed a front page article showing all registered pistol license holders in Rockland, Westchester and Putnam counties. Their web site shows a map with names and addresses. Every Law Enforcement Officer with a license is listed. This has put our families in danger for no other reason than to punish LEGAL firearms owners. There has already been a threat to a Detective that lives in this area. I ask my fellow brothers and sisters to Not show any courtesy, especially in regards to vehicle and traffic laws, to members of the Press. Maybe when they start to respect our profession than they can be treated as humans. The owners of the paper states that this is legal and was obtained thru the freedom of information statues. They do not list the illegal guns and certain groups that commit the majority of the crimes. It is time we use our training to teach them that we are the good guys and are sick of being used in negative ways.
Frankie Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 18:56   #2
3Speedyfish3

Funny how the editor outed the writer of the article as having a S&W 686 and NYC permit, but the writer's address is not listed or mapped in the article he wrote.

Turnabout is fairplay. A local blog gives the address, phone number, and a photo of the writer:

http://christopherfountain.wordpress...pistol-permit/

Enjoy!

Randall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
3Speedyfish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:06   #3
dvrdwn72

Well, this just floors me. While the criminals, even those convicted are shown more protection. More over than those who serve.
dvrdwn72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:17   #4
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

If you don't have something nice to say, keep it off the internet, where it can later be used against you, in court.
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:34   #5
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

An open call, on a public forum, for retribution is never a good thing.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:38   #6
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

That whole move is so wrong. I was wondering if you guys would get caught up in the "do gooders" net. Sorry for you.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:26   #7
The Fist Of Goodness

They demand that your 2A rights be stripped away as they abuse ( and hide behind) the 1st.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-27-2012, 06:52   #8
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Wow, seen stuff like this before... this is not journalism... this is just witch hunting.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40   #9
dwhite53

If our non-gun owning comrades in the affected
areas are saying they are more at risk for crime
because the criminals know they don't have guns,
isn't this admitting to the deterrent effect that
gun ownership in general has in reducing crime?

All the Best,
D. White
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56   #10
bigdogmurph
Lifetime Membership

great

now the bad guys know where to get their hands on guns.
bigdogmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:24   #11
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Bullets View Post
I ask my fellow brothers and sisters to Not show any courtesy, especially in regards to vehicle and traffic laws, to members of the Press. Maybe when they start to respect our profession than they can be treated as humans. ... It is time we use our training to teach them that we are the good guys and are sick of being used in negative ways.
Just so I'm clear...

You want us (law enforcement) to take action against members of an entire profession (the media) for the acts of the employees of one such outfit on one occasion?

How does that differ from any number of people or causes wanting the public to take action against all law enforcement officers based on the employee(s) of one agency on one occasion?

I also don't exactly understand how taking enforcement action against these people as retaliation for this article is an example of us "using our training to teach them we are the good guys." I think "officer vows retaliation against newspaper over article" is a headline that does not say "good guy" to very many people.

I agree that it's bull****, but I think that your demand is out of line and childish.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58   #12
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
Just so I'm clear...

You want us (law enforcement) to take action against members of an entire profession (the media) for the acts of the employees of one such outfit on one occasion?

How does that differ from any number of people or causes wanting the public to take action against all law enforcement officers based on the employee(s) of one agency on one occasion?

I also don't exactly understand how taking enforcement action against these people as retaliation for this article is an example of us "using our training to teach them we are the good guys." I think "officer vows retaliation against newspaper over article" is a headline that does not say "good guy" to very many people.

I agree that it's bull****, but I think that your demand is out of line and childish.
It sounds as though he is not suggesting retaliation, rather a denial of any breaks on traffic tickets, etc. Still not a good response IMO.

I think a lot of us are fed up with the news media, and some folks may be getting a bit frustrated. Hopefully cool heads will prevail.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:31   #13
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
If you don't have something nice to say, keep it off the internet, where it can later be used against you, in court.
This x 1000.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:27   #14
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
It sounds as though he is not suggesting retaliation, rather a denial of any breaks on traffic tickets, etc. Still not a good response IMO.

I think a lot of us are fed up with the news media, and some folks may be getting a bit frustrated. Hopefully cool heads will prevail.
You can define it however you want. He's calling for other officers to adjust the way that they treat members of the media specifically in response to this article.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:52   #15
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Helluva first post!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:07   #16
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Wow, seen stuff like this before... this is not journalism... this is just witch hunting.
You got it lawman. Back in 1692 in Massachusetts the exact same thing happened. Luckily the witch-hunts didn't last long. And here we are again, 320 years later and they haven't learned a damn thing.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:46   #17
Glock45Lover

I have a question and a couple of comments:

LEOs in New York have to have a "pistol license?"

Most neighborhood folks will know who the cops are and where they live. I would think that would DETER problems.

As far as the OP, if he is really an LEO he just might be in the wrong business. The tone of the post indicates he is thin-skinned. That is not a good thing. Hopefully, he is a non-LEO just trying to stir the pot.

If you are an LEO, you have my apology. But you still need to get some thicker skin. You'll never survive law enforcement work without it.

21 Club Member #4500.

Last edited by Glock45Lover; 12-27-2012 at 15:47..
Glock45Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:56   #18
TK-421

This is exactly why I don't like needing permits. I don't want my name associated with anything gun related, because concealed is concealed, and it's nobody's business whether or not I own firearms.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 16:34   #19
Cav

It is rather sad that they would post such info.

I have never seen the liberal media post all the sex offenders, all the same sex marriages, all the drug arrests, or all the unarmed people.

P.S. for NY it seems like a size good list. At first I thought it was who did not own guns.
Old 12-27-2012, 16:46   #20
Sharkey

Well I live in TX but it still pisses me off. The lamestream media continues in their liberal journalism. There is no good reason to post that information and the people of NY should demand such.

Maybe Bloomberg can get an investigation going and post the names and addresses of everyone who has over a 20% BMI for the good of the state.

These are just volley's being fired in the cause for tyranny. People can fight for liberty (literally) or they can accept the reigns of servitude. It's all interconnected. The very politicians that want to take away citizen's rights are the same ones who spend more of my money on programs that are unsustainable.

I believe sooner rather than later, the 49% will decide that they have had enough and Hoffa is right, blood will be spilled.