Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2013, 21:02   #201
PBR Sailor

Taurus TCP380. It was a waste of good money.
Old 01-02-2013, 21:06   #202
PA1985

Worst gun i ever owned was the sigma .40, worst gun i ever shot was a single shot 12ga. Shotgun, ouch!
Old 01-02-2013, 23:07   #203
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSmith View Post
Neither one felt good in my hand, with the 1911 being retarded heavy. The grip on the BHP was really weird, almost too small. I also didn't like how they handled recoil. No disrespect for either, I just didn't like them at all.

I own Glocks, CZ's, and a Kahr and I've shot most mainstream polymers, exception being Steyr and Caracal.

The width of a grip on a Browning Hi Power is approximately 1.3 inches, depending on which grip is installed. How you can call that “almost too small”, is beyond me.

If the internet is to be believed, a Glock 17 & 19 is 1.18 inch wide, yet the Glock is not “too small”

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/which_is_best-Glock%2017%20or%2019.htm

The Glock 17 has an empty weight of 22.04 oz. and a Hi Power weighs approx. 35 oz. Are you trying to tell us that a 9mm Glock or an even lighter Kahr, handles recoil better than the heavier 9mm Hi Power? This is not making sense to me and I question the nature and extent of your experience and frame of reference. I find that a Hi-Power handles recoil and muzzle flip better than any other 9mm that I can think of sitting here writing this post.

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 00:29   #204
unit1069

Quote:
What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?
From purely a recoil perspective it would be a Glock 22 with 180-grain WWB range ammo.

I had the opportunity to shoot a .50 revolver that had worse recoil but at least I was expecting a harsh experience. Nothing prepared me for "bad .40", contrary to what reading hundreds of comments led me to believe.
Old 01-03-2013, 00:38   #205
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
From purely a recoil perspective it would be a Glock 22 with 180-grain WWB range ammo.

I had the opportunity to shoot a .50 revolver that had worse recoil but at least I was expecting a harsh experience. Nothing prepared me for "bad .40", contrary to what reading hundreds of comments led me to believe.
wow, just wow. how do all of those cops across the Country do it ?. How do I do it with mine?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00   #206
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
wow, just wow. how do all of those cops across the Country do it ?. How do I do it with mine?

I had to laugh at unit1069 alluding to the "bad.40" and the unexpected “harsh experience” of shooting a pistol in that caliber. I also said to myself “how do all of those cops across the Country do it ?.” And some of those cops are women. Like you, I am having a hard time figuring out“How do I do it with mine?”

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00   #207
JTSmith
Œgfdrïńëçł

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
The width of a grip on a Browning Hi Power is approximately 1.3 inches, depending on which grip is installed. How you can call that “almost too small”, is beyond me.
So the width determines the length from backstrap to trigger as well? Didn't know that.

Quote:

If the internet is to be believed, a Glock 17 & 19 is 1.18 inch wide, yet the Glock is not “too small”

Quote:
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]The Glock 17 has an empty weight of 22.04 oz. and a Hi Power weighs approx. 35 oz. Are you trying to tell us that a 9mm Glock handles recoil better than the heavier 9mm Hi Power?
Yes. Absolutely. Oh wait, because it's a steel frame with more weight that is below the slide, the BHP has less perceived recoil. Gotcha.

Quote:
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]The Glock 17 has an empty weight of 22.04 oz. and a Hi Power weighs approx. 35 oz. Are you trying to tell us that a 9mm Glock or an even lighter Kahr, handles recoil better than the heavier 9mm Hi Power?

RJ
Where did I "try" to tell anyone that a Kahr has less recoil than a BHP? I simply listed some of the pistols that I own.

Quote:
This is not making sense to me and I question the nature and extent of your experience and frame of reference. I find that a Hi-Power handles recoil and muzzle flip better than any other 9mm that I can think of sitting here writing this post.

RJ
No way in hell does a BHP handle recoil better than a Glock 34 or full size CZ. That's just your man crush on JMB talking.
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01   #208
unit1069

Quote:
I had to laugh at unit1069 alluding to the "bad.40" and the unexpected “harsh experience” of shooting a pistol in that caliber. I also said to myself “how do all of those cops across the Country do it ?.” And some of those cops are women. Like you, I am having a hard time figuring out“How do I do it with mine?”

RJ
Go into a gun store; discover how much .40S&W ammo is on the shelves while all other duty caliber ammo won't be available for months.

It's true that the .40S&W is the most issued LEO caliber but among the civilian population ... well ... , I think there are a lot of those caliber pistols out there but intuition tells me the owners have other pistol calibers at their disposal and rather like those other calibers.

Who do you think are buying up all that ammo? From my observation it's not .40S&W owners, although they very well may have on hand whatever .40S&W rounds they think is necessary after their .22 lr, 9mm and .45ACP runs out.

Speaking from purely my own experience I'll take 9mm every time over .40S&W although I respect the pistol champs who earn their trophies shooting the .40S&W. I think .45ACP is a better caliber than every .40S&W pistol I've shot.

Last edited by unit1069; 01-03-2013 at 04:07..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36   #209
Walk Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper7106 View Post
Kahr CW40. Hang up after hang up and failure to lock back on the last round every time
yep,even after 500 "break in" rounds.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19   #210
azbuckeye

Llama Commanche .357 revolver. A very nice looking revolver but the main spring was worn out and it would only fire once or twice per cylinder. I had the main spring replaced and then the trigger was so stiff I just gave up on it.
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
azbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 16:59   #211
WMDoug
Keep&Bear Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Glock 19, Kahr P40, and Ruger LCR.
LOL! I own the Glock 19and the Ruger LCR and I LOVE them. Smooth shooters, love the trigger on both and seem fairly accurate with both. That suprised me to see my guns listed here!
Old 01-11-2013, 17:20   #212
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

As much as I like it in certain ways, I have to say it's my G20. Until I bought a Glock I never had an auto pistol that jammed so much.

If somebody else would start making a nice plastic 10MM I'd sell the G20 in a minute.
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 17:25   #213
raxar
Golliwog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lee View Post
As much as I like it in certain ways, I have to say it's my G20. Until I bought a Glock I never had an auto pistol that jammed so much.

If somebody else would start making a nice plastic 10MM I'd sell the G20 in a minute.
just build one yourself

Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 17:32   #214
Michael Rye

For me it was a Taurus M44 44 mag. I got one right after they came out...in 94 or 95 I can't remember which year. It had some seriously bad timing issues. But I sort of blame myself for rushing out to buy a newly released product.
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 00:43   #215
Glock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktarZues View Post
Also have a S&W 15/22 that's a jammomatic .. consider myself lucky to get through a mag without a failure, 2 failures is probably the average. Happens with all magazines.

Those are the only guns I've ever had problems with. I would like to sort out the 15/22 one day, because it's actually a really cool little plinker when it has a good day.
Not sure if you already got an answer but call S&W. Its a known issue. Mine feeds like a dream. They will ask you to send it to them. Most people find free magazines in the box when they get it back. Send it without them and they will put two in the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 00:47   #216
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

M&P pistols... Junk

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-19-2013, 17:04   #217
John_NJ

Kahr PM40. Total piece of Junk. Couldn't get through a single magazine without a jam. Tried 4 different brands of ammo. Sent the thing back to Kahr and it took 6 weeks plus half a dozen phone calls to get any service out of them.

They finally sent a replacement PM40. That too was a piece of crap. Constant FTF.

Terrible product. Terrible customer service. Kahr is the worst.

Don’t respond to the stupidity of a fool; you’ll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 17:19   #218
Unk

Colt .22 magnum single shot rifle...had a cheap-ass stamped ejector that grenaded. I gave it to one of my wife's old country uncles who could probably have built you a rifle with a piece of metal, hammer and cold chisel. Colt had no business being in the rimfire rifle business in the 60's.

R.I.P Smitty
Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 21:34   #219
PKersey2

I had two Taurus 5 shot revolvers. One ultralite and one titanium version. BOTH would lock up after they got warm shooting. JUNK!
PKersey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:21   #220
A6Gator

Sterling .22 stainless pistol. Ended up using it for a decoy weight.