hayabusa200

Llama .45
I think it jammed more than it fired.
hayabusa200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 20:47   #182
raxar
Golliwog

worst in what way?

The biggest combination of "uncomfortable" and "non-functional" is the hi-point 9mm I bought used. The grip is to small for the caliber and recoil jumps around quite a bit. I also had issues with feeding, and it keyholed half the rounds so accuracy was crap. That one surprised me, as my other hipoints (a .40 and 2 .45's) are very nice. I sent it back to hipoint last week, so don't know how customer service is going to work. That being said the .45 I have build on a para double stack frame is the least functional, won't feed anything.

I'll also say having shot a pretty good pile of various crap guns I think all these reports you hear from people calling them inaccurate has a lot to do with those people being crappy shots.

Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 20:47   #183
dan1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhawk View Post
Ithaca, maybe?
yep I think thats what it is.
dan1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 21:01   #184
Rezcop18

I would have to say the early S&W Sigma 40 and the Taurus 709 I just got rid of for my G19c. The Taurus 738 I got for my wife is ok but it would not feed Winchester white box

posted using [URL=http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/]Outdoor Hub Campfire[/URL]
Rezcop18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 23:56   #185
ZombieJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
The 39-2 was carried by some police forces back in the day. It was prone to jams when limp wristed and was ammo sensitive. But overall it was a decent handgun.

My worst gun is a Rossi 357 revolver that is very ammo sensitive and gets to where the cylinder will not turn. I was given a Jennings that would be considered junk but it is actually more accurate than my 642 because of barrel length.

I had a Rossi 642(2in. stainless), the trigger was not the best. Other then that it ran perfect, and pretty dang accurate. I fed it every thing from reloads, cheap fmj, and Hornady SD rounds. (All 38) The few times I ran 357, they also ran flawlessly. I know two other people who both liked theirs, but hey it is Taurus I'm not surprised that they put out some lemons.

Last edited by ZombieJoe; 01-01-2013 at 00:58..
ZombieJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:24   #186
INJoker
Simply Charming

Taurus PT-40 Millennium Pro

I did not own it - a relative purchased it against my advice and then asked me to help him figure out what was "wrong" with it...

The trigger pull was as long and heavy as they come. The experience of actually firing the gun was was so inconsistent and the firearm so inaccurate that I couldn't even get on the paper at 7 yards - and we put at least 100 rounds through it.

Of those 100+ rounds, we had FTEs and magazine/feed ramp jams at least 7-8 times apiece.

It was just a miserable piece of junk.

I posted about it on here and half of GT jumped in telling me what great guns they are and that I must have been doing something wrong... LOL!

That must have been a freak day/occurrence because ever since I've seen nothing but Taurus bashing - at least when it comes to their autos.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37   #187
rg1

Worse for me was a Glock 36 45 ACP. Being from a company that advertises reliability, it was a lemon. Constantly left a spent case half way retracted from the chamber and tried to load another round from the magazine which caused jams. At it's worst it'd jam around 2 times per 6 round mag. Not limp wristing, different ammo types, changed springs, tried different lube or none, several mags all did the same. Sent it back to Glock for repairs and it came back with exactly the same issue. No help from Glock and could not get a replacement as they said it was within spec. Avoid G36's as you may get a reliable one or a lemon. Glocks only problamatic pistol and they did everything to deny responsibility and avoid a recall or a class action suit. my opinions

Last edited by rg1; 01-01-2013 at 10:51..
rg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53   #188
vista461

Worst I've owned is my old Glock 22. That stupid metal bar in the trigger would not go flush when the trigger was pulled and would rub on my finger during range sessions.
vista461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 19:19   #189
par4buffett

Send a message via MSN to par4buffett
Walther p22's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr556m9 View Post
Walther P22. With all kinds of ammunition that thing was a jammomatic. Can never recommend one to anybody.
I have 2 walther P22s. First one is several years old and is fairly reliable with only certain ammo 40 grains and very high velocity. I got a 2nd one about 2 months ago. This new one is a POS. FTC, fte,FTf, over and over. Even the brass would jam in the barrel and have ro be punched out. After 250 rounds it is getting better. But NO pistol should be this crappy out of the box!!!
New one only seems to like Thunderbolt .22s. Even CCIs don't work well!!!

I thought about getting the new small Ruger .22 pistol, and now wish I had.

Last edited by par4buffett; 01-01-2013 at 19:21..
par4buffett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 20:24   #190
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

For the first one, I'm going to assume "worst" to be defined as crappiest for me to shoot and not necessarily a reflection of the firearms build quality or anything like that.

I think for me that would be the LC9. I tried really hard to like it and make it work for me, but it didn't work out. The quality of the pistol itself was good, especially at the price point.

I think I would have been better off going with a PPS. I might try that again someday. I was looking for something bigger than a PM9 but smaller than a G26 (thinner) for IWB.

Worst one for reliability that I have shot - SIG Mosquito. I know, that's hardly fair, it's a .22, but compared to the Ruger SR-22 it's night and day. I would actually carry a Ruger SR-22 if it wasn't, well, a .22 and all.

Worst in terms of quality, hmm, I guess I will have to go with the Taurus 22 LR revolver we have. I mean, yeah, it's probably the least quality controlled build of anything we own, but then again it works each time, so far.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 01-01-2013 at 20:26..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 21:13   #191
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
ive dreamt of a vp70z for 25 or so years i guess. Id tarde for one of i could find one somebody wanted to get rid of and wanted one of my guns....

What about yours did you not like?

The trigger on the VP70 could possibly be the worst that I have experienced on any handgun. If someone gave me one and I had to keep it, I would immediately put it in a vault and it would never see the light of day.

Itwas meant to be a full automatic pistol (it could have been a 3 shot burst, I forget); it is a terrible semi auto pistol. Before you ever spend any money to buy one, shoot one first. To each their own, but I think that they are crap and that is coming from someone that likes H&K firearms.

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 21:24   #192
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

The most difficult gun for me was a shotgun. I had been trained pretty well for most of my life on rifles, but I never owned a shotgun and never learned to shoot one well.

It usually a punishing experience with no training, as I was young at the time, and I never used one very much at all. When I did, it was someone else's and varied from a 410 to a 12 gauge with no time on any one of them. I cannot hit anything with them in spite of shooting clay pigeons with a .22 when I was young.

I am not afraid to use one, but my ability is much better with rifles and pistols than shotguns. I have never had the urge to buy one for this reason.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 21:24   #193
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSmith View Post
Any 1911 or BHP. After all the hype I had heard my entire life, they absolutely did not live up to the hype

But...... I think my wife's old LCP may have been a little bit worse.

I probably like the 1911 and Browning Hi Power the best.

In what manner and/or way, do they absolutely did not live up to the hype.

Have you shot a lot of different handguns so as to have a good frame of reference from which to judge?
RJ
Old 01-01-2013, 21:39   #194
RJ's Guns

Sorry; Double post

Last edited by RJ's Guns; 01-02-2013 at 01:16.. Reason: Double post
Old 01-01-2013, 21:45   #195
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Horse puckey.

I have one that I hit melon sized targets with at the same distance as Oswald and I was using iron sights from a bench. I did that when I was a teen at my Father's insistence while I was going through a "conspiracy" phase that I quickly outgrew.

Dad insisted I know what I was talking about when I opened my yap, and we had a Carcano that was a family "bring back" heirloom.
Good for your Dad.

I seem to recall from one of those shows on the JFK assignation that it was only a 60-yard shot. From all the BS that I have heard all those years, I was under the impression that the shots were hundreds of yards.

Three shots in, what was it, 5-8 seconds (?), at 60-yards is a piece of cake. You do not have to be the dead-eye Dick that the media has claimed, all these years, to do that.

Chalk it up to East Coast Media liberals that have never shot a firearm in their lives and are afraid of guns, to boot.
RJ
Old 01-01-2013, 22:00   #196
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzogg View Post
Way back in the early 70's I had a Colt woodsman. Really cool looking gun. Lots of jams, misfires, multiplefires. A lot of Colts to love, they just didn't have that one right.

Colt Woodsman models can be a little finicky about magazines and ammo. Get those issues sorted out and they are a really nice pistol. Magazines are getting fairly pricy and harder to find now, that they have been out of production for a while now.

RJ
Old 01-01-2013, 22:51   #197
par4buffett

Send a message via MSN to par4buffett
JFK rifle massad ayoob story

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
Good for your Dad.

I seem to recall from one of those shows on the JFK assignation that it was only a 60-yard shot. From all the BS that I have heard all those years, I was under the impression that the shots were hundreds of yards. Three shots in, what was it, 5-8 seconds (?), at 60-yards is a piece of cake. You do not have to be the dead-eye Dick, that the media has claimed all these years, to do that.
RJ
I recall an article massad ayoob wrote about Oswald and the rifle. He summed it up that Lee could well have done it. Plus! Lee was left handed and could have worked the bolt faster and not have had to move his eye from the sight, saving time firing.
It may have been in an American Handgunner mag. I wonder if I clipped and saved it. Massad pointed out that no one took into consideration on the speed shooting that Lee was left handed.

I have seen several other reviews on History or similar channels using the rifle that show it could be done. But even those did not show as Massad did, that being left handed, Lee could have shot faster.

He was a good shot too, having shot while in Russia.
par4buffett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 19:07   #198
JTSmith
gfdrńł

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
I probably like the 1911 and Browning Hi Power the best.

In what manner and/or way, do they absolutely did not live up to the hype.

Have you shot a lot of different handguns so as to have a good frame of reference from which to judge?
RJ
Neither one felt good in my hand, with the 1911 being retarded heavy. The grip on the BHP was really weird, almost too small. I also didn't like how they handled recoil. No disrespect for either, I just didn't like them at all.

I own Glocks, CZ's, and a Kahr and I've shot most mainstream polymers, exception being Steyr and Caracal.
JTSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:14   #199
Rustydude

Khar PM9
Went to fire a couple boxes of break in rounds, and after about the first box, started binding up, sprayed with CLP, slide wouldnt return to battery."barrel peening issues" I also carried this pocket gun in my pocket,holstered in a desantis nemesis(love this holster!) would somehow hit the mag release slightly i guess, because I would draw,fire one round, and the mag would fall out! $750 POS! Yeah Khar gave me a new barrel, but before I peened that one up I traded for a S&W 340SC, and have not looked back!
Rustydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:57   #200
pspez

Iver Johnson .25
pspez is offline   Reply With Quote