Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2012, 22:27   #1
scottd907

Whats the most ridiculous price you've seen go for a AR?

Ok lets see what kind of crazy things are going on now that everyone is in the buying and selling for AR's, scared that our government is going to take them away.

I live in alaska, and realize is cost a bit more to get things up here. But a week ago i saw a stripped lower, one of the cheaper polymer lowers, go for atleast $225. And that was his min asking price at the time.

Just tonight i see a Olympic Arms AR with a asking price of $2000. Granted it has a $80 red dot and appears to have a stainless barrel.

hes a link to the AR listing.
http://juneau.craigslist.org/spo/3503022103.html
scottd907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:36   #2
Ruggles

Wow $2000 that is optimistic of the seller

It does seem to be calming down some on the auction sites, still crazy but calming down some, folks asking for super hugh amounts are getting no bids in some cases......

When the talk in D.C. starts again in Jan I guess we will see round 2 start on prices...
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:38   #3
glockluver

Local shop Bushmaster $2,400.00

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
glockluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:40   #4
bigmoney890

A few local listings have a S&W 15T for $2500, a DPMS Sportical for $1500, a Rock River Operator for $3000, another DPMS Sportical for $2500, a Spike's ST15 for $2700, and a bushmaster, stag, wasr bundle for a whopping $7000.

People have lost their damn minds...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:59   #5
xmanhockey7

$2,500 for a Bushmaster online. There was someone else selling an Olympic Arms lower with some other random upper for $4,000. Said if you buy the gun from him he'll sell you 3 PMAGs for $75 a piece. Not $75 total but a piece. What a nice guy.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:00   #6
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
A few local listings have a S&W 15T for $2500, a DPMS Sportical for $1500, a Rock River Operator for $3000, another DPMS Sportical for $2500, a Spike's ST15 for $2700, and a bushmaster, stag, wasr bundle for a whopping $7000.

People have lost their damn minds...
Yeah it is crazy, wonder how it is going to be in Jan when D.C. starts to churn out results form the committee looking at a new AWB?
Old 12-26-2012, 23:01   #7
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
$2,500 for a Bushmaster online. There was someone else selling an Olympic Arms lower with some other random upper for $4,000. Said if you buy the gun from him he'll sell you 3 PMAGs for $75 a piece. Not $75 total but a piece. What a nice guy.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:01   #8
bigmoney890

Hopefully they wait until my tax return comes back before they impose anything

bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 23:03   #9
GunHo198

My buddy asked a clerk at Walmart about the rifles. They said they are getting more but they sell as soon as they hit the shelf.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-26-2012, 23:09   #10
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Yeah it is crazy, wonder how it is going to be in Jan when D.C. starts to churn out results form the committee looking at a new AWB?
You'll see a bit more panic until people realize it's not going anywhere. Feinstein has an outline of her bill up on her official website now. It's a gun-grabber's wet dream, which basically guarantees it'll get ****-all support in the House. I'd be surprised if it even makes it out of the committees.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:11   #11
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Hopefully they wait until my tax return comes back before they impose anything
True

As I look forward to the new guns I want none of them are even effected by a possible new AWB. So I don't feel a "rush" to get anything now. Heck I still have not worked out what I am going to do with the 6920 I bought Monday. I ended up selling my brother in law a PSA 16" rifle I built this year instead of the 6920. Had $1000 in the PSA with optics and sold it to him for that amount.

Might hit the Houston gun show this weekend with it to see what I can trade for

Saw a package deal the other day on Gun Broker. 10 x SCARs 17s, 120 mags (or some such quantity) for $117,000 buy it now. I do not think it sold.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:15   #12
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
You'll see a bit more panic until people realize it's not going anywhere. Feinstein has an outline of her bill up on her official website now. It's a gun-grabber's wet dream, which basically guarantees it'll get ****-all support in the House. I'd be surprised if it even makes it out of the committees.
I hope so. Of course she might be aiming high to allow some compromise to occur with the AWB. I still think we will see a new AWB be it 2013 or after the 2014 elections. I really think we will see one very close to the 1994 version. Who knows though short term, sadly a new mass shooting incident could occur anytime and really drive this thing forward quickly.

Many of us have been ready for it to come back, I feel for the ones who did not and are reacting now under these prices.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:21   #13
scottd907

Yeah just craziness going on. I cant believe that 2-3 months ago every local gun dealer had 5-6 AR's sitting around on their shelves, some of them sitting around for months/years. Now you cant find a single one for sale and the dealer cant tell you when they'll have more.
But hey, maybe it'll back fire and then everyone and there grandma will have a AR that they really dont need. Prices might go down.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:33   #14
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd907 View Post
Yeah just craziness going on. I cant believe that 2-3 months ago every local gun dealer had 5-6 AR's sitting around on their shelves, some of them sitting around for months/years. Now you cant find a single one for sale and the dealer cant tell you when they'll have more.
But hey, maybe it'll back fire and then everyone and there grandma will have a AR that they really dont need. Prices might go down.
In my opinion, this is a VERY likely outcome.
Old 12-26-2012, 23:54   #15
Tank44
Tank44

Check out the auction on Buds Guns right now. The prices are ridiculous and going higher!
Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I just sit.
Tank44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01   #16
scottd907

But in a crazy way, i feel the urge to just got out and buy one for some ridiculous price right now.... just need to stay patient enough for this to blow over. Just like the ammo scare of 08.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:43   #17
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
With derpa joe in charge. That was a big F U to the anti's. why HWSNBN would do something pro second is beyond my comprehension. I'm sure if sat down and really think hard about it, I could make my brain explode.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote