GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06   #326
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.
 
Beware Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
How are you and your AR going to fare against:

  • M1A1
  • F18
  • AH-64
  • Modern trained military
I understand the symbology you are putting forth, but where the rubber meets the road, meh.

The Okie Corral
CavalryDoc put up a good read that'll explain just how America will put an end to that fantasy, look this up:

2nd Amendment And The Kool-Aid Drinkers by Paul Howe
__________________
Free men have arms; slaves do not. Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.
Criminals for Gun Control
Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23   #327
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
How are you and your AR going to fare against:

  • M1A1
  • F18
  • AH-64
  • Modern trained military
I understand the symbology you are putting forth, but where the rubber meets the road, meh.


The Okie Corral
Cavemen with AK's have been doing a pretty good job of it.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24   #328
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,590
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Cavemen with AK's have been doing a pretty good job of it.
In the US?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25   #329
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.
 
Beware Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
In the US?
I don't think AK's worry about what part of the world they're in...
__________________
Free men have arms; slaves do not. Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.
Criminals for Gun Control
Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49   #330
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
In the US?
No, those guys used Winchesters, did a pretty good number on the cavalry too.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50   #331
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,590
Blog Entries: 1


Where are they now?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 13:36   #332
shotgunred
reloading nut
 
shotgunred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N W Washington
Posts: 7,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Where are they now?
My in-laws are living on a reservation 15 miles down the road. They pay $150 a month rent for a 3 bedroom house. They get very reduced rates on their water garbage sewer. They get free food delivered to their house every week. Free firewood. She just got given a free computer because she maintained a 2.0 gpa for one quarter in college. Which she gets to go to for free. They get a check every month and a Christmas bonus. They get about 50k worth of free stuff per family.

In the long run did they really lose their fight with the government?
__________________
When dealing with Democrats, let us remember we are
not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with
creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 15:47   #333
Ryobi
SummertimeRules
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,307
That's kind of like asking whether folks on welfare with government cellphones living in section 8 housing won. Did they? Deep subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
My in-laws are living on a reservation 15 miles down the road. They pay $150 a month rent for a 3 bedroom house. They get very reduced rates on their water garbage sewer. They get free food delivered to their house every week. Free firewood. She just got given a free computer because she maintained a 2.0 gpa for one quarter in college. Which she gets to go to for free. They get a check every month and a Christmas bonus. They get about 50k worth of free stuff per family.

In the long run did they really lose their fight with the government?
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53   #334
spcwes
Senior Member
 
spcwes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
How are you and your AR going to fare against:

  • M1A1
  • F18
  • AH-64
  • Modern trained military
I understand the symbology you are putting forth, but where the rubber meets the road, meh.


The Okie Corral
Always love your posts TBO and agree with most of what you say but this is an assumption that the people that pilot those vehicles will not stand with the people instead of against.

Soldiers, law enforcement and federal "lawn" enforcement officers are still members of society and a part of our nation. I do realize not all will stand up against government but I would bet a good chunk would.
__________________
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:04.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,188
367 Members
821 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42