GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 20:03   #1
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,531
With Election Over, Americans Find They Were Duped By Democrats And Obama

Quote:
So were Americans duped? Sure. They were told to believe one thing only to discover right after the election reality was something else.

But with another four years of hope and change, you can be sure of one thing: Americans have many more "surprises" in store.
__________________
November 2014 - The Republicans Take the Senate & Keep the House! Get Out and Rock the Vote!! Yes, YOU!!
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 21:10   #2
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,321
You had to want to be duped if you voted for Obama.
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 21:24   #3
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 15,233
Seriously???! No one was "duped", not this time around. Yet he still won. This is why we're screwed as a country.
cowboy1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 21:30   #4
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,796
No, there are a good number of clueless voters who still don't know who/what they voted for. Gitmo's still open and there are still troops and drones in Afghanistan. He doesn't fit the pacifistic Euro socialist mold they assume he follows. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of the MSM's misinformation.
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 21:44   #5
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,755


This country, which prints somewhere between 100 million and 200 million government checks of all types, in a population of 311 million, got exactly what they voted for.

Make no mistake. They voted for "more" - at any price. Even if "more" ultimately means they will end up with much less. "More" today is all the majority of the voting American public thought of. I heard one young person say if they didn't re-elect Obama, they would loose their food stamps. Really didn't matter if that was reality or not. She believed it and cared not to research it any further.
__________________
"We better get back, cause it'll be dark soon. And they mostly come at night - mostly." - Newt - Aliens
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:57   #6
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Seriously???! No one was "duped", not this time around. Yet he still won. This is why we're screwed as a country.
I agree. The people who voted for Obama know exactly who he is and what he stands for, and what he is trying to do.

Our mistake was thinking that we had not reached the point where 51 per cent of our population felt the same way.

Changing democraphics have caught up with us and we are past the tipping point with takers outnumbering makers. There is no way to reverse this once it happens.

We are on a airliner with all of the engines dead. some are trying to get the engines started again, and some are just bracing for the inevitable crash, but most are just buzzing the stewardess for more drinks and snacks.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 12-26-2012 at 08:00..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:02   #7
callihan_44
INFIDEL
 
callihan_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Flyover,USA
Posts: 2,545
The biggest portion of america sees obama go on letterman-leno and hanging out with hollywood types and think "this dude is kool"....thats how we ended up with this marxist back in office. The majority HAVE NO CLUE to what has been taking place the past 4 yrs. Hell over christmas Ive mentioned to people how healthcare is about to slap everyone in the face and 6 out of 10 people had no clue obamacare was even passed.
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:05   #8
TheExplorer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,322
I honestly don't know what they expected. He didn't get along with Boehner then and he won't now. People voted for 4 more years of bickering. Unfortunately this will hurt the people that can afford it the least.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07   #9
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,009
Blog Entries: 1


Can't beat Santa.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09   #10
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplorer View Post
I honestly don't know what they expected. He didn't get along with Boehner then and he won't now. People voted for 4 more years of bickering. Unfortunately this will hurt the people that can afford it the least.
I don't want Obama and the Republicans to get along. In my life experience, gridlock has always worked better than cooperation as far as helping the economy and country.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:14   #11
TheExplorer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I don't want Obama and the Republicans to get along. In my life experience, gridlock has always worked better than cooperation as far as helping the economy and country.
I agree, but the tax hike deal is the exception there.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:16   #12
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplorer View Post
I agree, but the tax hike deal is the exception there.
Not to me, it's not.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:40   #13
2-8 Marine
Limp Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I agree. The people who voted for Obama know exactly who he is and what he stands for, and what he is trying to do.

Our mistake was thinking that we had not reached the point where 51 per cent of our population felt the same way.

Changing democraphics have caught up with us and we are past the tipping point with takers outnumbering makers. There is no way to reverse this once it happens.

We are on a airliner with all of the engines dead. some are trying to get the engines started again, and some are just bracing for the inevitable crash, but most are just buzzing the stewardess for more drinks and snacks.
Agree completely.
__________________
I don't believe in intuition but I have a strange feeling someday I will.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:27   #14
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 21,843
the first time they were stupid, this time they were dupid.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:20   #15
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
This country, which prints somewhere between 100 million and 200 million government checks of all types, in a population of 311 million, got exactly what they voted for.

Make no mistake. They voted for "more" - at any price. Even if "more" ultimately means they will end up with much less. "More" today is all the majority of the voting American public thought of. I heard one young person say if they didn't re-elect Obama, they would loose their food stamps. Really didn't matter if that was reality or not. She believed it and cared not to research it any further.
Exactly right Sir. That is what happened. We babysit children for Twenty years in school to keep them off the street. We teach them nothing useful, the teachers after all are products of the American School System. Then when they leave school, they are rewarded with meaningless Government jobs.
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:23   #16
PVolk
Senior Member
 
PVolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southwest MI
Posts: 937
If anyone was "surprised" by anything 2 months after the election, then they were too ignorant to be voting in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callihan_44 View Post
Hell over christmas Ive mentioned to people how healthcare is about to slap everyone in the face and 6 out of 10 people had no clue obamacare was even passed.
Man, that is sad.
PVolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30   #17
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,755


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplorer View Post
I agree, but the tax hike deal is the exception there.
Obamacare taxes start to kick in for 2013.

These are not even on the negotiation table. They are implemented no matter what is done regarding the Bush era - Obama re-approved taxes do.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypip...are-tax-hikes/
__________________
"We better get back, cause it'll be dark soon. And they mostly come at night - mostly." - Newt - Aliens

Last edited by engineer151515; 12-26-2012 at 10:30..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:09.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,006
296 Members
710 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31