Old 12-26-2012, 19:14   #126
Stopdropnroll

It's a mad world.
Stopdropnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:03   #127
654Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensal View Post
This hits close to home in more ways than one! Prayers to the families.
Here is a link to the radio transmissions between one of the shot firefighters and dispatch.

http://youtu.be/b7VXwnyAvp8

Twists my stomach listening to that. A former member of our dept. moved up there a year ago or so. As far as I know he was not involved.
Greetings havensal,

Thanks for posting this (post #48 in this thread). I am totally in AWE! When you listen to Officer (Fireman) Theodore Scardino's voice in this audio link and hear how calm and collected he maintains himself while quietly calling for police support--and already determining that if nothing happens soon to extricate him from the "danger zone", that he is going to die. "I need EMS or I am going to join them."

No screaming or freaking out, just calm and collected, despite the two bullets that have injured him (lower leg and lower back). He didn't panic and run up and try to get away--he maintained composure enough to keep shielded from the opposite side of the fire truck where the gunman was firing from. And to top it off . . . what does he politely request (not demand) as a personal priority? Not for others to unnecessarily risk their lives . . . but to contact his family to calm them down. From news sources . . . "While he waited and bled, Scardino made a request. "Is it possible to notify my next of kin and apprise of the situation?" Again . . . not thinking of himself, but wanting to calm and serve others right to the very end. A true servant's heart!

Absolutely amazing . . . I am in AWE of his character. I am sure there are many firemen, police, EMS, military soldiers/sailors with this same character that go unnoticed everyday. But I am able to listen to him through this link above while he remained trapped in the worst of conditions. At best . . . I could only hope that I could be half as calm as he remained during this scenario as it played out. He had resolved in his mind and purposed in his heart that he was going to die soon, and his primary focus remained on everyone else. His extrication from this condition was secondary. Amazing. We are absolutely blessed to have people with this servant character watching over us.
654Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:31   #128
Patchman
Florist

Which is why it's important to allow all U.S. LE to have/carry whatever class of guns available to the general public.

If a gun is legally available, it'll make it into the hands of BGs, who will still have the advantage of choosing the time and place of ambush.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 12-26-2012 at 20:34..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:47   #129
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Which is why it's important to allow all U.S. LE to have/carry whatever class of guns available to the general public.

If a gun is legally available, it'll make it into the hands of BGs, who will still have the advantage of choosing the time and place of ambush.
And allow all civilians to have those guns as well. Because the bad guys are after us too.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 21:02   #130
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
And allow all civilians to have those guns as well. Because the bad guys are after us too.
Ditto.

Go after the bad guys. Leave the good guys alone to have what they can afford to protect themselves. I'd be cool if LE could get class III tax free. Wish law abiding civilians could to, but one step at a time.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:05   #131
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:04   #132
SCHADENFREUDE

The local news is reporting that he attained the weapons from a female neighbor and her daughter. He apparently wrote how he got the weapons in the manifesto he left.
SCHADENFREUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14   #133
qas1178

March 8, 2000 - A routine fire call that erupted in bloodshed left firefighters reeling. A firefighter just back from a leave emerged from a burning home in southeast Memphis, ambushed and killed two Fire Department colleagues and a Sheriff's deputy. Inside the house was the body of the suspect's wife, Stacey Williams; they were newlyweds. Frederick Williams was charged in the deaths of his wife, deputy Rupert Peete and firefighters William Blakemore and Javier Lerma. On CNN, President Clinton said of the incident: "It's a tragic thing. . . . The firefighters, police, they put their lives on the line a lot, but they don't expect to be shot at the scene of a burning house."
qas1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23   #134
Restless28

Looks like the Bushmaster and shotgun were obtained via straw purchase. The Feds are gonna come down hard on the stupid girl, and rightfully so.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:52   #135
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Looks like the Bushmaster and shotgun were obtained via straw purchase. The Feds are gonna come down hard on the stupid girl, and rightfully so.
Media (a Fox News link), says it has a combat style flash suppressor, yet was bought in NY in 2010 at Gander Mountain. Unless it was a pre-ban (which I doubt), there was no flash supressor. He could have added it illegally aftermarket (wait, illegal for him to own a gun, wait again, illegal for him to murder someone).
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote