F4GIB
CLM Number 214
Charter Lifetime Member

Gov. Cuomo calls for CONFISCATION of AW's

Repost this everywhere you can.

Quote:
“Confiscation could be an option"
December 22, 2012

It’s one of the most common refrains coming from the “reasonable discussion” crew as they pave the way for upcoming gun control legislation. Whether we hear it from the clucking tongues of guests on Morning Joe or from their legions of supporters on the web, the patter is the same. “No one is coming for your guns.” You’re all just being paranoid, disingenuous or worse. All we’re talking about is making little children safer. There’s not going to be anybody kicking down your doors.

But over at National Review, Eliana Johnson proves yet again the wisdom of my dear old Dad. Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get ya.

In a radio interview on Thursday with Albany’s WGDJ-AM, New York governor Andrew Cuomo said that he plans to work with state legislators next month to submit a proposal for new gun-control laws; in particular, Cuomo said, “our focus is assault weapons,” because current state laws regulating the weapons “have more holes that Swiss cheese.”

“I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’” he said.

Cuomo continued, “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

It really doesn’t get much more plain spoken than that, so we should probably give due credit to Governor Cuomo. But this is obviously not just on the minds of bloggers at KOS or media spokesmodels like Ed Schultz. It’s on the agenda of people like Chuck Schumer, who will vote on any future proposals in the Senate, and Andrew Cuomo, who will sign new legislation at the state level. True, they’re not owning up to it on the Sunday talk shows because they need to bring along the recently converted like Manchin, Bob Casey and Joe Scarborough. They need them to continue preaching to the wavering and mourning that nobody is coming to take away your guns. But they’re doing a very poor job of disguising their true intentions. What they’re talking about is confiscation. Or, if you prefer, “mandatory sale,” which simply means confiscation with you getting a check for whatever they deem the equipment to be worth.

Jerry Brown just signed a brand new law making it illegal to carry even long guns (bolt action rifles, shotguns) in public places in California. Maryland is already moving in the same direction. The people who have been waiting in the wings to gut the Second Amendment have not let the sudden wave of sympathy and horror escape their notice or go to waste, and they’re not waiting for the New Year to act. If you’re still sitting on the sidelines thinking that maybe if we just offer them some slightly smaller magazine capacities this will all go away, I don’t know what to tell you.

Maybe you are paranoid. But it seems fairly obvious that someone is out to get you.
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/12/2...-be-an-option/
F4GIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 17:17   #2
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Saw this on drudge 2 or 3 days ago.

No surprise there. They will go as far as they can on the surge of emotion.

We'll all have to wait and see, but don't be surprised if when all the smoke clears, it will be illegal to POSSESS a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, maybe even 4.

Never let a crisis go to waste.......

If you haven't written every one of your representatives, state and federal every day, you are a willing accomplice to the gun banners. Be heard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 17:29   #3
TheExplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Saw this on drudge 2 or 3 days ago.

No surprise there. They will go as far as they can on the surge of emotion.

We'll all have to wait and see, but don't be surprised if when all the smoke clears, it will be illegal to POSSESS a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, maybe even 4.

Never let a crisis go to waste.......

If you haven't written every one of your representatives, state and federal every day, you are a willing accomplice to the gun banners. Be heard.
Right. People love to post on forums but fail to do it when it really counts.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 17:38   #4
G-34

and just exactly how are they going to confiscate said items??????????????

"There is nothing so terrible as ignorance in motion.."
-Skyhook
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 17:50   #5
truetopath

I've written all of my representatives right up to Gov. Cuomo, and encourage all others to do the same. We can't let up no matter how steep the hill is we climb. Being NYS we can't have mags more than 10 rounds already. I can't stand the thought of more restrictions, it's already like pulling teeth to get an unrestricted carry permit. This coming from a lifelong NY'er but not the wretched NYC thank God.
truetopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 17:50   #6
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

OK.

Political Issues

OK heroes, gather round and listen up. It's time to do something with your life. Stop the frivolous internet browsing for an hour or so.

Take the following text, and cut and paste it into your message that you are sending EVERY ONE OF YOUR REPRESENTATIVES & SENATORS.

Quote:
I am an American. I am heartbroken at the events surrounding the murders committed at the Sandy Brook school recently. Although I am sad those events took place, I am evidently much better at seeing the root cause of this horrible tragedy. It is because the shooter's mother did not know where to turn when her son displayed dangerous behavior, the failure of the mental health system to identify and sequester this monster, and the failure of the school to be physically secure against such an attack.

I fully support armed guards in schools. This can be paid for by eliminating a single assistant principle per school, and replacing them with one or two armed guards. These armed guards can come from a vast field of returning Veterans, many of which are fully trained in first aid and close quarters combat. I fully support the addition of cheap and effective metal bars on the doors to each and every classroom in America.

Even if we need to tell the world, every other country on the planet, that we have found a problem, and we will need to stop all foreign aid for one year to address it, I will be fully supportive of that measure.

If you cannot see your way to support gun owners, while fighting the mentally deranged murderers in our midst, I will never contribute another dollar to the republican party, your personal campaigns, or any cause you support.

If you desire my support, I ask you to give me yours. No new gun laws. Support laws that keep guns out of the hands of lunatics. Support a robust mental health system that identifies these monsters before they act. Support a robust physical security system at our schools, which are entrusted daily with our most precious treasures, our children.

I will not forget my friends, nor my opponents.

Sincerely, your constituent,

Signature Block

http://www.house.gov/representatives/
Listed and searchable by zip in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm
Listed and searchable.

If you don't write each one of your Reps and Senators every day, at least once, you should be required to rub hair remover on your nads daily. Multiple reasons, including that it burns a bit, or so I've been told.

Get movin' gents.

--Gunhaver

Old 12-23-2012, 17:58   #7
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
and just exactly how are they going to confiscate said items??????????????
If they make it a felony to own or possess a mag capable of holding over 10 rounds, you can bet I'm dumping mine. It is already a felony in NYS to possess a post 1994 version of such mags.

Some other people might be more brave.

What if they make it felony to possess a semi-automatic rifle? What other choice do I have, but to follow the law?

At what point would civil war happen? I don't know. Probably never. They could make it a felony to posses any gun. What could I do? I'm a law abiding citizen. I'd just try to vote for hope in the next election.

If they made it a felony to vote, that might start a civil war.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:04   #8
G-34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
If they make it a felony to own or possess a mag capable of holding over 10 rounds, you can bet I'm dumping mine.

dude!

just keep your yap shut and how would ANYONE EVER KNOW??

-Skyhook
Old 12-23-2012, 18:05   #9
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
dude!

just keep your yap shut and how would ANYONE EVER KNOW??
Maybe because they posted their intention to not comply?

Shhhhh. See post number 6, and comply with that.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 12-23-2012 at 18:07..
Old 12-23-2012, 18:09   #10
G-34

deleted

-Skyhook

Last edited by G-34; 12-23-2012 at 18:10..
Old 12-23-2012, 18:09   #11
G-34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
If they make it a felony to own or possess a mag capable of holding over 10 rounds, you can bet I'm dumping mine. It is already a felony in NYS to possess a post 1994 version of such mags.

Some other people might be more brave.

What if they make it felony to possess a semi-automatic rifle? What other choice do I have, but to follow the law?

At what point would civil war happen? I don't know. Probably never. They could make it a felony to posses any gun. What could I do? I'm a law abiding citizen. I'd just try to vote for hope in the next election.

If they made it a felony to vote, that might start a civil war.

and a confiscation is really not very plausible, where are they going to get all the money to pay for such a door to door check?

not gonna happen bro. do you realize how much MANPOWER that would take?

the country is a HUGE place

and besides they cant make the law retroactive

-Skyhook
Old 12-23-2012, 18:11   #12
G-34

Quote:
Maybe because they posted their intention to not comply?

Shhhhh. See post number 6, and comply with that.

i didnt see where they said they werent going to comply

what post is it where u saw it?

-Skyhook

Last edited by G-34; 12-23-2012 at 18:12..
Old 12-23-2012, 18:11   #13
ksmedman

Well, I'm not complying with any infringement of my 2A Rights.

It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Allowed...

Last edited by ksmedman; 12-23-2012 at 18:12..
ksmedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:13   #14
G-34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmedman View Post
Well, I'm not complying with any infringement of my 2A Rights.

It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Allowed...

AMEN!!!!!

-Skyhook
Old 12-23-2012, 18:21   #15
ScumPunisher

I am fully admitting my intention to NOT comply should these heinous violations of our liberties come to fruition.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
ScumPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:43   #16
cowboy1964

So sick of the "hunting" argument. For one thing, they ARE used in hunting. For another, the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting. They don't get it and never will.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:50   #17
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

They ma "get it" one day!!!

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:54   #18
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Anyone written their reps yet, or is this echo chamber supposed to broadcast itself?

--Gunhaver

Old 12-23-2012, 19:02   #19
truetopath

Quote:
Anyone written their reps yet, or is this echo chamber supposed to broadcast itself?
Written multiple times and will be written many times more.
truetopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 19:04   #20
Gunnut 45/454

ithaca_deerslayer
Well gee then just roll over and be a good subject!

kswiss
NY you have to have a permit to buy firearms- so they already know where all the firearms are. Real simple the State cops go door to door -give me your mags and or AR's! Don't comply -your charged with a felony and they take all your guns!