GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2013, 19:23   #21
Dubble-Tapper

thanks guys. ill try that, i havent even taken it down yet. i bought it from the son of the original owner, he said his dad NEVER EVER fired a single round through it, and the son put around 200 rds through it. it then sat in a closet for about 15 years untouched.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 23:06   #22
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Probably dusty and full of shipping goo still. Clean it, shoot it, see what happens.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 13:04   #23
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

I have 2 of them, they are great shotguns.
Old 01-06-2013, 16:50   #24
Dubble-Tapper

so i finally took this thing apart, and man was it dry, dirty, and sticky. Very cool how it breaks down. i got her all cleaned and oiled up, and will take her back out today. the action feels WAY better just cycling it by hand. hopefully this helps, i really want it to work, as it is one of the best feeling shotguns ive ever fired. so fun to put slugs through.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 17:04   #25
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Since you bought it used I recommend you take off the recoil pad (it snaps off--twist it sideways). The take off the buttstock. You will need a 13mm socket with an extension. Pay attention to how everything under the bolt sits and be sure not to lose the lock washer under the bolt. When you take off the stock you will see the recoil tube. In older Benelli's this was made of Carbon Steel and had a tendency to get gunked up especially in hard use hunting guns and they would rust. In any case you need to clean the tube and the way the factory recommends is to spray in some gun solvent into the hole at the end of the tube. Swish it around and repeat a few times. Then LIGHTLY lubricate the interior with some oil. Benelli doesn't recommend you take off the end cap on the older tubes as its easy to bend them. The newer guns have aluminum recoil tubes and don't have the issues with corrosion. You shouldn't have to clean it very often--maybe once a year if you shoot a couple thousand rounds. Should be fine.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 15:58   #26
.45 Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
so i finally got her to the range.... put a few different loads through it.

winchester Wally world game/target loads 1200 fps: cycles fine unless i rapid fire. it choked several times. kinda disappointing. out of 8 rounds, it would choke one or two.

remington 00buck: cycles better. still choked once out of around 50 rounds.

remington 1oz rifled slugs: it seemed to like these, but i still had one failure.

win PDX1 rifled slug/3 pellets of buckshot: it liked these. i didnt shoot too many of them, but they work. cool round.

conclusion: I really expected more reliability. Im not sold on this auto, im sure many peoples work, but mine is not 100 percent. Its a HD shotgun, but i like to play on the range, so the fact that it wont cycle cheap target loads is a big negative.

i may go sell it to get a mossy/870 pump and a new carry piece.
It is a fact, low recoil loads don't always work as well, it's a grreat gun, still.
.45 Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 22:54   #27
RangerHAAF

It is a great shotgun, on parity with all of the succeeding models that have come out since then. The great thing about Benelli's are their inertia(not gas) driven actions that cut down and pretty much eliminates misfires. Reliability wise they are the same as the the M-4 models used by the Marines. Great technology.
RangerHAAF is offline   Reply With Quote