Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 05:07   #1
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 21,619
buying from Glock direct....

i bought have returned the various after market 33 round 9mm magazines for Glocks.....none seem to work right for one reason or another, so......i placed an order directly with Glock for the Glock brand mags.

i did this because all i can find are the counterfeit mags.

I called Glock to make sure they received my fax and all the infor they needed was satisfactory...they said its all good and mags will ship in 3-4 weeks(!!!) i asked if the mags are back ordered or something and the lady said no, it just takes that long to process the orders they receive and they do it in the order it comes in.

so....have any of you guys ordered directly from Glock as a self purchasing officer?
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:25   #2
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor
 
Bill Lumberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,128
Yes. Glock is not set up as a storefront. They will do direct business, but you get the same turn-around time as a distributor. The time you were quoted is normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
i bought have returned the various after market 33 round 9mm magazines for Glocks.....none seem to work right for one reason or another, so......i placed an order directly with Glock for the Glock brand mags.

i did this because all i can find are the counterfeit mags.

I called Glock to make sure they received my fax and all the infor they needed was satisfactory...they said its all good and mags will ship in 3-4 weeks(!!!) i asked if the mags are back ordered or something and the lady said no, it just takes that long to process the orders they receive and they do it in the order it comes in.

so....have any of you guys ordered directly from Glock as a self purchasing officer?
__________________
Did someone talk to you about your TPS reports?
Bill Lumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:00   #3
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,657


So what is the price direct from the source?
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:05   #4
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,288


Yeah.

I'm one of our armorers for Glock and Colt so I have to maintain a few hundred Glocks.

We order mostly spare parts and such. It takes a month or so. Always has.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29   #5
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,750
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Along with this, has anybody ordered blue-label Glocks directly from Glock? I'm talking as individual officers, not agencies. I remember hearing this was possible, but I don't remember the process. Is it a similar wait on the orders?
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:40   #6
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 21,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
So what is the price direct from the source?
$32 each.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 14:19   #7
Ryobi
SummertimeRules
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,420
Yes and yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Along with this, has anybody ordered blue-label Glocks directly from Glock? I'm talking as individual officers, not agencies. I remember hearing this was possible, but I don't remember the process. Is it a similar wait on the orders?
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 14:29   #8
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,750
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
Yes and yes.
How do you contact them regarding this?
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 14:39   #9
blueiron
Clown move, bro
 
blueiron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: On the corner of Gang and Ghetto
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
How do you contact them regarding this?
Contact any active Glock armorer and they can place an order for them and any other parts you want at a discount.
__________________
Dear God, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. It's got to rank right up there with CALEA. -Pepper45

Bastard! - TBO
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 17:06   #10
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,750
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Contact any active Glock armorer and they can place an order for them and any other parts you want at a discount.
I mean for their firearms.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 17:24   #11
blueiron
Clown move, bro
 
blueiron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: On the corner of Gang and Ghetto
Posts: 13,602
Go through their armorer class and you can purchase a firearm at a discount.
__________________
Dear God, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. It's got to rank right up there with CALEA. -Pepper45

Bastard! - TBO

Last edited by blueiron; 12-22-2012 at 17:26..
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 21:55   #12
docmark777
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
Print out this pdf, fill it out and send in all the info they want. You will need to have an ffl you want them to send it to (if you want to be the official owner). If you have it sent to your department, then they will officially own it.

http://www.doatactical.com/images/Glock_Order_form.pdf
docmark777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 23:00   #13
kpuscg04
ACTA NON VERBA
 
kpuscg04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 537
I've ordered several weapons and dozens of mags direct from Glock. I purchased my G17 and G26 about a year ago and it took almost 4 months to receive the weapons.

We just had another agent in my office buy a G17, I'm not sure what their turnaround time is right now.
kpuscg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:43   #14
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,750
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmark777 View Post
Print out this pdf, fill it out and send in all the info they want. You will need to have an ffl you want them to send it to (if you want to be the official owner). If you have it sent to your department, then they will officially own it.

http://www.doatactical.com/images/Glock_Order_form.pdf
Thanks!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,212
323 Members
889 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31