Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2012, 18:00   #1
J-Lo

Anyone flying into Vegas?

My parents recently moved to Henderson, NV. I was thinking the match would be a good opportunity to visit. My Dad tells me there are some strange Clark County laws preventing checked firearms at the airport. He says they're not NV state law but that Clark county has enacted some restrictive ordinances. Can anyone give me the straight scoop or refer to a place where I can learn more about getting in and out of Vegas with a firearm?
Old 12-26-2012, 20:38   #2
1RoundEye

I would start with the TSA and the airline that you're flying on. After that, your next safest bet is the website or the Clark County Sherrif regarding transportation of firearms, or the local Police department for the same.

I've never flown into Vegas with a firearm (as I typically drive). If you're A CCW holder there also may be some exemptions. But, I've never heard of anything special in Clark County.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1RoundEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00   #3
PM720

Me either. I have some coworkers that live in Vegas and regularly fly with their firearms and they have never mentioned anything special about Clark County. Just the usual TSA rigmarole.

Scott
PM720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32   #4
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

Two friends I travelled with to Shot Show last two years, no trouble at all. I wasn't into GSSF then or I would have carried too.
ChrisJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45   #5
Lowjiber

I live in Vegas and fly in/out of McCarran frequently. The TSA advice above is all you need.

Clark County has the only "gun registration" in Nevada. It originated in the 50's when the mob openly controlled the city. It's become a joke now, but keeps Sheriff's office employees on the payroll, and only applies to Clark County residents with handguns.

You'll have no issues with the Clark County folks. Just stick to the TSA and airline regulations.

BTW: Avoid OC when on the strip. It's "frowned upon", albeit legal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29   #6
J-Lo

Thanks for the input everyone.