GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-25-2012, 21:11   #1
bigmoney890

Should I feel bad about selling mags on gunbroker?

Like the title says, should I feel bad that people are paying $35+ for my magazines? Would you? After all, it is an auction website and people are driving up the prices themselves, and it's not like i'm the only option on the site. Just looking on your guys opinions. I anyone here selling some stuff?

And in case you're wondering, I don't feel bad in the least, but I was just wondering if I should.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 21:14   #2
gunowner1

Up to you to decide if you should feel bad or not.
gunowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 21:20   #3
cangler
Republican!!

It's a gamble... if the ban passes with hi-cap mag restrictions, they won't mind paying that much and maybe becomes an investment. If the ban doesn't go through... they will lose a lot of money. I only have 14 pmags that I am tempted to give up but I am too afraid of the bill passing so I will keep them. It's your call.
Old 12-25-2012, 21:22   #4
I'M Glockamolie

Nobody forced anyone to overpay. A true auction is the best way to find out what something is really worth at that particular moment. If an AWB drops quickly, they might be $150, and then this would look like a bargain. You're not gouging, they gouged themselves by not buying last month, or any other time they could have.
Old 12-25-2012, 21:24   #5
Osborne

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
Yup, your not forcing them to pay these prices. I wouldn't feel bad, which I can't say the same for places like CTD that makes me sick I feel an individual auctioning off items is different then a store etc.

Last edited by Osborne; 12-25-2012 at 21:25..
Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 21:25   #6
TheExplorer

You're not hurting anybody. It's not like your talking about a "necessity" here. Ebay won't allow you to sell anything more than 10 rd magazines, btw.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 21:27   #7
bigmoney890

Well I saw pmags going for $76 per mag for a 100 pack a few days ago. Yes i typed that right, someone payed $7600 for a 100 pack of pmags. I consider the $35ish mine are selling for to be a bargain right now lol

And ALL the money I'm making is going straight to backordered pmags from various companies just in case anything does happen. I don't think anything will happen, but IMO a magazine ban is the most likely to get passed. It's an easy compromise to make I guess, as long as I can continue to buy ARs and whatever other guns I want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-25-2012, 21:42   #8
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
You should never be ashamed to be a capitalist.
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 21:45   #9
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post

Old 12-25-2012, 22:30   #10
dkf

People will pay what they want to pay for what you are selling. Nobody is forcing them to buy it. An auction is probably one of the more fair way to sell something and due to GB policy there is not any bid sniping. Would not feel guilty.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 00:54   #11
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Like the title says, should I feel bad that people are paying $35+ for my magazines? Would you? After all, it is an auction website and people are driving up the prices themselves, and it's not like i'm the only option on the site. Just looking on your guys opinions. I anyone here selling some stuff?

And in case you're wondering, I don't feel bad in the least, but I was just wondering if I should.
Well, on ebay they are selling the magazines at very high prices that are really out of line with reality. I was thinking of selling a Colt 6940 for about six grand because right now some bonehead may buy it.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:17   #12
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post

Your the one that will wish he didn't down the road. Besides whats another capitalist pig on the market going to really matter. If there are idiots out there willing to pay your price so be it.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:43   #13
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Your the one that will wish he didn't down the road. Besides whats another capitalist pig on the market going to really matter. If there are idiots out there willing to pay your price so be it.
I'm turning around and buying twice as many mags with the profit, not sure how i'll regret that decision. Capitalist pig? I'm not the one setting the price.

Old 12-26-2012, 15:22   #14
TactiCool

Don't feel bad. If anything, feel good. Most of the folks buying now are fudds anyway. They didn't plan or prepare or help in the political effort. No mercy for fudds!
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 17:37   #15
GAFinch

If you were the only store in town selling them overpriced, that'd be morally questionable. An online auction with thousands of other sellers? No problem whatsoever.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41   #16
Randy from Kansas

When the ban comes thru in some form or another the price will take another jump. And what you sell today you may or may not be able to replace. The last ban was just for a couple of years and at one point I was willing to pay $210 for three new colt 30rd magazines. But the bad thing about it this time is I think it is here to stay and will not sunset in 5 years like the last one.

But I would not listen to me after all I did not think he would get four more years in the White House. How wrong could I be

Randy from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:52   #17
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
AMEN to that!! All these people crying about the "price gougers" makes me so angry. America was built upon Capitalism. DO NOT forget that.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19   #18
Hawkeye16

If you can get that much for them I say go for it. Seems ammotogo has them in stock for $30 a pop right now. Still more than I am personally willing to pay for them. I got enough already.
Hawkeye16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47   #19
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

You should feel bad. After all when dealers do it you guys want to gather up a lynch mob.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55   #20
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Present your ad description this way: say you are trying to buy ANOTHER type of hicap mags, can't find a direct even trade, and need to sell YOURS at the elevated price to be able to buy the ones you want at THEIR elevated price. This story would at.least add a likeable veneer to your capitalist ambitions.